Womens Running

Timely Thursday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

It is arriving just in time!

And because I have to remember to make time cards for Forensics judging practice then competition on Friday.

Tessa-I also pray that time of miserable existence moves on to time of peace for all parties involved. Wish we were closer to help out.

Karen-funny how different things can put us outside our comfort zone. I can interview C-suite down to intern level and make a recommendation but the idea of judging high school speech competition, taking legible notes,  AND flipping time cards at same time??!! I'm sure that a good spreadsheet will keep you on track with your items to have completed.

Camille-yeah for PT... hmm... when was the last time I did my exercises? <hangs head as it's been over a week>

Marjorie-this is not the time to read the above post, or do and yell at me.

Ginny-we just had a dusting it was temps of 15 that were our kryptonite. time to warm up already!

Sue-you had your own run in with time!

Judy-the time to hear snow plows has passed.  proclamation made. I say so.

And now it's time for me to go to gym. Did upper and lower body strength yesterday. today I run.

Lisa

ginnyb

I was contemplating a run outside this morning since the roads are clear of snow and ice, but woke up to 15 degrees with a strong wind which makes it feel like -1, so don't think that is going to work.  In my younger days I may have gone out anyway, but my older self just doesn't want to!  Will do my DVD in a little while.

Tessa....I also pray that your DH miserable existence is peaceful soon and for your family.  Also wish we were closer so we could help as Lisa stated.

Lisa...it has to warm up soon doesn't it?  Please?  I was reading my blog from last year and on a Sunday in March it was 60 degrees, but that was Last year, this year is so different.  Happy running this morning !

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, I am so in hopes that your family can find peace soon. It is so difficult for all of you. I also wish I could be there to help.  Prayers being said.

MyMomRuns, the winter is really wearing everyone down. A friend told me there are to be bad wind chills later today and to get myself home quickly from work.

Virginia123, I think we are both to get the awful cold snap coming. I've heard there are to be bad winds with it.

Today I shall come directly home from work and either do a TM run or a cardio.

Yesterday was a good hard run/cardio dvd workout.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Morning! I'm at my mom's so no personals. Wind chill 15 here but nice in pm.

tessa-hugs to you.

PT did dc'd me unless I have increased pain.  Half the session was discussion-a reality check for me.  He's expecting slow progress. I'm still processing the info and will post more tomorrow.

question-have any of you used a walk run program to rehab? Does it allow faster progress Than just running and walking before and after?

SugarLand

Tessa my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family - hoping everyone finds peace soon

ginnyb

Camille,    I have been using walk/run for my past few half marathons, works well for me.  I seem to need the break from running and I can run faster when I do run.

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa I'm so glad the other nurse was helpful. It is still so hard on the family. What she said is very true. I saw it on the skilled nursing ward all the time.

Lisa go do your exercises!

Ginny i can post pictures of the trees starting to leaf out if you want. But I guess that would be depressing.

Camille my first several runs back from my hip I did walk run. It was much better that way and I could go further.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Thanks, everyone. I'm home today. He's definitely weaker. Still shuffling to the bathroom, but not shouting as he was. I called hospice to report the change in his condition and the nurse is going to come out today to look at him.

Camille, yes I used a run'walk program when I was coming back after knee surgery. Started out with walk two lamp posts, run one, repeat. And then some guy leaned out of his car window to say "what's amatta you? You normally run, you're walking?" and then was abashed when I informed him I had just had arthroscopy.

Ginny, every year is different. Hope you and Judy can get through the cold.

Lisa, do the PT, however I think your ST and cardio are probably helping too -- most people don't do that, do they?

Hi Marjorie, Judy, Vicki, and those to come!

4 this morning with RN. It was raining. We sang every rain-related song we knew, I suspect we did not endear ourselves to sleeping neighbours. I hope to get another run in before choir practice -- it's sunny now.

ginnyb

Marjorie...that's ok, I will pass on the pictures of the trees budding, it would be too depressing with another 8-12 inches of snow predicted for this weekend.

Tessa....glad your DH is a little better in behavior now.  We will make it through this awful winter one way or another.

Ginny

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Recovering quite nicely but on my second dose of antibiotics for what is believed to be a bacterial infection.  By tomorrow I should be OK, I HOPE because OUCH!

I biked 12.25 miles with hubby last night and I am shooting for 3-4 miles walking tonight.

Lisa, good luck with practice and competition.

Ginny, sorry you're still dealing with horrid weather.

Judy, enjoy the TM or cardio DVD.

Tessa, sorry to hear about his illness still deteriorating.  Hope you and him and your family can find peace.  Hugs.

Camille, sorry to hear about rehab.

Marjorie, hiya.

Have a great afternoon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Tessa - All is can say is that I am thinking of you, and praying for peace for all of you.....this has been such a long ordeal, good thing you are such a strong woman.  Hope your DS is holding up ok.  Echo the sentiment that wish we were closer to try to help.  But we are there in spirit.

Staycation is winding down...have went on a couple of day trips, and went away for the night yesterday. Not sure what is going on but I have been a little of an emotional wreck...I feel bad even saying this after reading Tessa's post........ My DH decided to take me on a "mystery car trip" (we used to do this with the kids all the time).  There is several stressful things going on, so figure that is it.....anyhow I settled down after "getting out of dodge" yesterday.

Sue - I have a Scott bike - wasn't sure if I missed if you decided on a bike.  It isn't a Tri bike - but a road bike.  I really like it.

Ran 5 if the very cold, windy weather yesterday.  Nothing today.  Will have to resort to TM tomorrow as the windchill is scarey cold.

Carol