Womens Running

Thirsty Thursday Supermoms (Read 17 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR: I have time for a longer run again today, at least 7 miles, between my first and second PT clients.

TR: woke up crying at 3:30am. Bad dream? I went in and snuggled him for a minute and he seemed ok and went right back to sleep. He was really good yesterday while we finished up some Christmas shopping in Toys R Us.

NRR: woke up at 3am, tossed and turned until the alarm went off at 4:45. Thinking I will nap when R does later!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

B got up when I did and DH had promised to get B breakfast while I ran on the TM, but since I got him breakfast, DH is still in bed, he won't get up until his usual 7:15 (complaining that he didn't get enough sleep even though we went to bed at the same time and I got up at 5) and I'll get constantly interrupted by B during my run...fun.

RR - whatever I can manage on the TM.  I want to try out my new shoes and I don't feel like dunking my feet in slush today.

TR - we're supposed to bake muffins this morning but I am in the worst mood ever.

FR - chinese stew.  I ate a candy decorated caramel apple that a student gave me last night and I feel like I'm going to die.  I don't even like caramel.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

RR:  4 miles on tap after work.  Outside if it isn't raining, inside if it is.

BR:  Was up way too much last night.  He nursed weird on my left side and it hurts a little today.  I think I was full and my let down was too much for him.

TR:  Was up early this morning. He talks SO loud.  Our house isn't set up for a loud toddler and a sleeping baby.  Was asking to go outside at 6:30 am.

NRR:  I'm just ready to be done for a couple weeks.  I'm tired, have no work motivation, and feel like my supply is all screwy.  Plus, I miss DH.  We go from seeing each other too much to not seeing each other at all.

FR:  Breakfast burritos for dinner last night were really good.

rg - MMMMM.....a nap.  Good at Toys R Us?  Is your kid for real?! Wink

zorbs - I would KILL to be up at 7:15 every day.  B is quite the early riser, huh?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Kantkatchme

ahh! I just lost my post replying to yesterday. Here is the short version.

Spike- sorry for your slump . I hope you keep your sanity and get your mojo back. dress up sounds cute!

Rg- thanks for the recipe, I'll try it next time I see kale. all I know about finger lakes is there is a TB rescue named after it. Ha

Zorbs- did you grow up in Ottawa? Yummy soup! Do you have a recipe?

Ernie- I wish I could drink a cup of cream and nap for 3.5 hrs! I have llots of family in king, Newmarket& aurora. I love that area. My grandparents live off Weston rd, talk about hill work outs!!

Nola- sorry about the injury. Fingers crossed for a BFP. I love decorating the tree, we don't have one this year. I didn't want the battle or trying to keep it from being eaten/ pulled down. I'm going to be sad if my A doesn't like it next year.

Mer- I hope it stops snowing so your family can feel organized again. Glad you had a nice run outside. Me:

Tues- turned into a rest day, I forgot I was filling in and ran out of time. wed- hot yoga and 45" ride (a horse) br-fell off the mattress (it's on the floor) while she was asleep. Sigh. fr- homemade chili cheese fries are healthy right? Lol

Kantkatchme

rg- a nap sounds good.  I would have to go to bed @7 pm to wake up that early!

zorbs- how are the new shoes?  I need something new, I've been running in the same shoe for years.  Asics 11xx I don't know what I'll do now that they are discontinued.

mer- I hope you can run outside.  Sorry for all the wake ups and poor latch.  Our house is really open, and although we don't have a loud toddler to wake up A our dog does a good job of it.

Kantkatchme

rr-  3 I hope.

br-  climbed the whole flight of stairs to second floor for a dryer ball.  Uhoh!! So much fun!! now we just have to figure out bed time.

Nrr-  need to get a turkey.  I'm a bit disorganized this year!!! Ha, who am I kidding, I'm always disorganized.  And start and finish Xmas shopping today.  DH got stuff for the IL's, I just have to find something for my parents.  as for DH, we said no gifts but he never complies so I need to find something.

nrr2- my mum called she has a squirrel in her house.  She wants me to bring my dogs over to get it.  This is going to be a disaster!! Lol

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Day keeps getting better..I fucked up my neck AGAIN (seriously, it's like the 5th time this year) and can't turn my head..AGAIN!  At least B only came in the TM room once and went back in the house right away when I told him to.

rg - I'm with mer, I haven't taken B to TRU since he was less than a year old because I am terrified of how badly it might end.

mer - tonight is my last day of teaching (still work at the gym) for 2 weeks and I agree with you 100% on the tired and no motivation..not so much on the missing DH part though. :P  I would also kill to get to sleep until 7:15 every day.  B thankfully is an early bird only occasionally.

kant - here is the soup recipe. I only lived in Ottawa for the first bit and moved around a LOT as a kid.  Then I actually lived in Newmarket (near ernie) from 1989-2006 and moved to Burlington when I got married. The new shoes turned out great, I was pleasantly surprised!  sending dogs to catch squirrels indoors sounds like it wouldn't end well.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.1 miles with EMRP and no kid, it was nice except for the very cold wind

TR: Less bratty last night, but didn't heard him farting around in bed until almost 9 pm. It could have been the cookie his godmother gave him right before I picked him up.

FR: Spaghetti last night. Spaghetti is my lazy meal go to and I don't even make a vegetable.

NRR: Builder said our water test failed and he had to re-do it. Here's hoping that we don't have to do a chlorine shock and retest on our well, which will delay occupancy. So close to being done!  I need to go officially buy the mattress that I picked out, I was going to wait until the 22nd, but our move in is coming sooner than originally planned and I need to get it ordered.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- R wakes almost every single night around 2:30 and cries until I tuck him in again. That crap is getting old.

zorbs- I don't think I've ever eaten a caramel apple, they look like a pain in the ass to eat. Sorry about your tmill run. Sorry about your neck- I have a recurring issue with my shoulder and my SI joint that I have to go to the chiropractor for every few months, annoying as hell.

Mer- I had a really strong letdown and sometimes I had to unlatch R and let it spray into a burprag for a minute otherwise he would sputter and gag. He hated being unlatched but he was more content and less gassy afterwards.

kantkatchme- Do you train horses? My friend/hairdresser boards and exercises horses as a side job as well as barrel races- it sounds like its actually quite the workout. MIL/FIL have been dealing with a squirrel in their garage and they caught it quite easily with peanut butter inside a small animal trap.

QOTD- what do you guys do for your Christmas Dinner? We are celebrating Christmas eve with R's godparents and Godfather and I need to come up with a menu.  The things that my family does traditionally don't really work because of gluten.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - tomato sauce is a vegetable, ha! I just put the caramel apple on a plate and sliced 4 hunks off the sides and gnawed on the core a bit.  qotd - we have always gone to my aunt's house for Christmas dinner, but she cancelled this year.  We are probably going to have ham/scalloped potatoes/lime-sriracha brussels sprouts since DH enjoyed that meal so much at Thanksgiving.

runninmer

kant - Our dog does a pretty good job at being loud too.  I will spank him when he is loud...not J though!  Our dog would just chase the squirrel...I don't think he has a killing bone in his body!

spike - I feel like my let down with just my left side can be really strong.  Sadly, at 4am, when I was already up at 2 and know I will be getting up for the day soon, I didn't really care what was going on.  I just wanted to nurse and have him fall asleep so I could go back to bed for a few minutes.  I'm excited for you to move in to your house!  BTW...DH was supposed to head to the post office today!

QOTD - Our Christmas dinner is very similar to our Thanksgiving dinner.  MIL will make a ham, rolls, Green Bean casserole, potatoes, etc.  The biggest difference is the ham instead of turkey!  This year, DH and I are in charge of the fruit salad, pie, and dinner rolls.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

I'm thinking I will do a ham since I know R will eat that. He's really hit or miss with beef and chicken.

DH came by my office and was playing with my air duster and was squirting it in my hair, he got the can tilted to the size and it shot really cold stuff onto my scalp and its burning now. Turd.

runnergirl9508

RR2- a little over 7 miles this morning. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather over the next couple of days to melt the ice off the sidewalks and roads!

zorbs- wow, you got a good TM run in this morning, guess B kept to himself? did you end up baking muffins with him? I like caramel, but not hardened on the apples! ugh on the neck- how'd you mess it up?

Mer- have a great run later- hope you can get outside for it. ugh, hope the left side feels ok- I'd nurse first on that side tonight when you get home from work and hopefully avoid a clogged duct. Just one more day to go, then you'll have a nice break! lol, I was surprised too at how good he was. probably helped that I had him in the cart.

Kant- oooh, you ride? I grew up with horses and did a little showing (hunter/jumper) when I was younger. I adopted a standardbred off the pacing track and had a great time working with her. are you training for a race? wow on the stair climbing! DH spoils me rotten on Christmas and I always feel bad- he definitely buys way more than I do for him. LOL on the squirrel in the house! tell her to open all the doors and it should run out.

spike- yay for a kid-free run! ugh on the late bedtime. the sauce counts as a vegetable, right?! bummer on the failed water test, hope this one passes! I definitely hope that R doesn't start a trend with night-waking. He's been a really good sleeper his whole life- I don't want that to change! qotd- Christmas dinner varies depending on where we are. if it's at the IL's, then MIL just makes a bunch of appetizers. my mom will cook a nice big dinner- this year she's doing chicken cordon bleu.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08