Womens Running

WHERE ARE MY DIVAS THIS TUESDAY? (Read 19 times)

SassySparky

No one has posted yet! Are the Divas tired or just  busy?

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: I had an effortless four miler this morning, it was really nice.

NRR: Work work work. We are heading back to H&R Block today to finish our taxes because Big D's W2 was incorrect and we had to file an extension until we got the right one. Not much else going on!

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: nothing yet today. thinking a run when I'm in pierre later on.

NRR: M made it here safe last night. i was soo nervous! the roads were terrible! full of slush and ice and snow. We got about six inches last night at least. but now the sun is shining and we're supposed to be at 70 degrees this weekend! please send some warm vibes our way!

Traveling to Pierre for work. I have a bid opening for a project tomorrow. send vibes for good numbers! Hoping it comes in under budget or really close. then I'm home tomorrow night sometime.  today around 11 I'm dropping off a package for a client, then running home, feeding anna for the next day till I come back, then off to the bank to deposit a check and then michaels to pick up some photo boxes (M and I are accumulating a whole bunch of pictures. we better have a spot for them!), then picking up some white tulips for the wedding also.  That's about it! the coworker I'm traveling with is a great guy, so it should be a good trip.

sassy: sorry about the extension on your taxes, but at least now you can get it done!

later!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

Sassy: I love runs that feel so effortless! Nice job!

RR: I don't have restrictions on walking. So I think I'll go for a 20 minute walk after work today.

NRR: Feeling SO MUCH better this morning! Abdominal soreness/pain is completely gone! Dr. Hottie Jr. (Dr. Hottie's PA) called yesterday to check up on me and see how I was feeling. So nice of him to follow up! I go back next Wednesday to have my stitches out. When I got home from work yesterday I was so super exhausted. I laid down on the couch and didn't get up till 8 p.m. Smile I think I actually may have fallen asleep for a bit, too. Was back in my bed by 10 p.m. I am feeling so refreshed this morning. I think I was still feeling some lingering effects of the anesthesia. Oh, and random question for any of you DIVAs in the medical field---you know those drapes they put over you during surgery? Anyone know what they are made out of? Apparently I had a massive allergic reaction to the drapes during the surgery. They had to pump me full of benadryll during the surgery and hours later I still had hives from head to toe! (they know the reaction was not from the anesthesia, the antibiotics or anything else. The only thing they can think of is the surgical drapes. HAHA. Leave it to me to have an allergic reaction to something like that.

I'm going to my parent's this weekend. I have an open house for summer camp and my brother, SIL and K will be there for the weekend. I am dying to get my hands on that baby again! It's been about 5 weeks since I've seen her and I just can't wait!

POrun

Happy Tuesday ladies!

RR: hahaha

NRR: Well, I survived radiation treatments. RLTW and I must be on the same feel better schedule for the week (hugs to you, dear). I was planning to go to work yesterday but couldn't get myself out of bed until 10:30 am, and then it took all my energy to go downstairs and I needed another 2 hour nap. But today is day 2 on thyroid meds. I'm still tired, but much less so than yesterday. They ended up giving me a triple dose of radiation since they had found cancer in my lymph nodes in case it had spread beyond my neck, so I'm still nauseous and exhausted beyond anything I ever thought I could feel, but starting to feel better. Thank goodness that's over! Just have full body scan next Monday, and hopefully no more talk about cancer! I don't have much else since that's been my life since last Wednesday...

Sassy: Yuck, hopefully the taxes get fixed.

Lizo: I hope you get some warm weather this weekend. Glad M made it safely. Good luck with the work meeting.

RLTW: Glad you're feeling better!!! Yikes on the drapes! I'm sure the office can tell you more info on that too!

Have a great day ladies.

monk717

Morning girls!

RR: Ugggh, yesterday would have been perfect but I couldn't because of NRR. Hopefully I'll squeeze something in some day...

NRR: Had a Mirena IUD put in yesterday. DH had to give P another bottle after I got home from work yesterday because he hadn't used all the thawed milk. So I could have gone out for a run but I was feeling yucky from the insertion. Now I really need to try and watch what I eat better... last time I had the IUD I blamed my lack of weight loss on it... I seriously doubt that was the real reason (I now blame the ice cream) but just in case I need to do better with my diet. I'm so tired from the combination of staying up too late and then P waking in the middle of the night. I wish I knew how to predict when he'd be up in the night or when he'd sleep all night long, then I'd go to bed earlier on the nights he wakes up! But I like the kid-free time we get after the kids go to bed. DH and I finally got to watch the first episode of The Americans. We recorded a marathon that was on while I was on leave and have continued recording it. Its pretty intense and intriguing. Anyone else watch it? A has discovered how fun it is to lock her bedroom door, and we have no idea how to make her stop doing it. We have some door knob covers but they don't cover the lock. Luckily we can unlock from the outside but thats definitely not safe if we have an emergency!

sassy: I'm so jealous of your running. You've been doing so awesomely lately.

lizo: Good luck on the work stuff! I don't remember when is your wedding again?

rltw: I'm glad you're feeling better! Thats so weird about the reaction to the drapes. I hope the week goes quickly for you!

PO: Wow, sounds like you've been going through some intense medical stuff. I hope you continue to recover quickly and that your scan comes back clean!

taylorma1

Sassy-that's both a tired and busy morning for me. Good luck finishing your taxes today

lizo-wow more snow. That is crazy! Hope the warm weather comes your way soon

RLTW-that's great you are feeling better, but yikes about the allergic reaction to the gown. Glad they pumped you full of medicine though to combat that

PO-so glad you are on the road to recovery now. Hope today is a better day for you

monk-ahh A seems to like being a little mischievous one. Hope you can figure out a way to keep her from locking the door

RR: just did a good speed session, 5 x 1200M at under 7 min/mile pace, so I was happy with that

NRR: slept much better last night. DBF's roommates were still loud, but I think i was just too exhausted from no sleep the night before to care. Let's see how tonight goes...

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 7 chilly miles with Fay. Had to wear pants, gloves, and an ear muff again! Boo!   ST tonight.

NRR: Getting wound up about field work, which starts next week. Last night, I had a hard time getting to sleep because I was trying to do all this planning for the next month, which is so not necessary this far out. Plus I kept thinking about my coworker, whom I would TOTALLY date. ANYWAY....

Sassy - Hopefully you get your taxes completed this time. What a necessary evil.

Lizo - More snow?!?  I heard how the Mississippi River is flooding, and how they expect it to get worse as all the snow melts.. must be all that snow you're getting.

RLTW - Glad you are feeling better. How odd about the allergic reaction.

PO - Big hugs!! Glad to hear you are feeling better, even if it's just baby steps. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Monk - Maybe if you don't make a big deal out of A locking the door, it won't be fun anymore so she'll stop?

outwestrunner

Taylor - Oh man, sorry about the roommates. How old are these people? Do they not have jobs?   Do I sound really old and cranky when I ask those questions?

RunLikeTheWind23

PO: Thinking about you, dear. <3

MA runner girl

Morning!

er: 2 mile walk with my mom last night in 30 min. Felt good and still no bleeding so I'm going to try 2 miles of run/walk today. Not sure of the intervals yet...

ner: went to the chiro and then spent a few hours with my mom last night. C was being super cute and alert. He was staring at us and even sneaked a few smiles. Just love him. He's 3 weeks old today! Today a friend is coming over to meet C. Not much else planned. Oh, I lost another 2 pounds last week... 28 down, 13 to go!

po - hugs! I hope the full body scan comes back clear!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

RunLikeTheWind23

Is it bad that it's 10:15 a.m. and I've already eaten most of my lunch Wink I've been so super hungry since Saturday. Like the kind of hungry where I'll eat anything that is not nailed to the ground. Smile From Wednesday afternoon thru Saturday morning, I hardly ate anything because the hospital food was just so nasty! I'm making up for it now! I've already eaten a greek yogurt, almond milk, berry blend smoothie for breakfast, then I ate an apple when I got to work. Now I've moved on to eating part of my lunch. A pear, carrots and guacamole. Just hope my turkey, lettuce and tomato on a corn tortilla survives till noon!

SassySparky

Have you ever been allergic to latex?

Morning Ladies!

Sassy: I love runs that feel so effortless! Nice job!

RR: I don't have restrictions on walking. So I think I'll go for a 20 minute walk after work today.

NRR: Feeling SO MUCH better this morning! Abdominal soreness/pain is completely gone! Dr. Hottie Jr. (Dr. Hottie's PA) called yesterday to check up on me and see how I was feeling. So nice of him to follow up! I go back next Wednesday to have my stitches out. When I got home from work yesterday I was so super exhausted. I laid down on the couch and didn't get up till 8 p.m. Smile I think I actually may have fallen asleep for a bit, too. Was back in my bed by 10 p.m. I am feeling so refreshed this morning. I think I was still feeling some lingering effects of the anesthesia. Oh, and random question for any of you DIVAs in the medical field---you know those drapes they put over you during surgery? Anyone know what they are made out of? Apparently I had a massive allergic reaction to the drapes during the surgery. They had to pump me full of benadryll during the surgery and hours later I still had hives from head to toe! (they know the reaction was not from the anesthesia, the antibiotics or anything else. The only thing they can think of is the surgical drapes. HAHA. Leave it to me to have an allergic reaction to something like that.

I'm going to my parent's this weekend. I have an open house for summer camp and my brother, SIL and K will be there for the weekend. I am dying to get my hands on that baby again! It's been about 5 weeks since I've seen her and I just can't wait!

SassySparky

Lizo - safe travels to Pierre!

RLTW - sounds like you have a great medical team Smile enjoy your walk!

PO - I can't believe how much you've gone through with this treatment and everything. It seems like you are handling it really well (although I'm sure it's hard to tell from just reading). I've been thinking about you lately and I hope your scan comes back clean next week!

Monk - good luck with the Mirena! I had one last year and it came out.

Taylor - this roommate situation is weird! good luck getting some sleep tonight. I used ear plugs in college because it was always so loud on my dorm floors. Also, you are super speedy.

OWR - um cute coworker?! Yum.

MA - Have a nice day with C and friends!

LucyBelle

Hahaha Sassy, I was definitely tired this morning...not busy.

RR: Didn't have time for a run last night, so I did 25 mins of ST instead. Gotta run 3 tonight. Unfortunately after being spoiled with sun and temps in the 50s the past few days, today is overcast and in the 40s. Boooo.

NRR: Looked at an apartment last night that was...meh. The street and immediate surrounding area was relatively nice, and quiet, but beyond that was sort of...rough-looking and high traffic, etc. The apartment itself had potential but was definitely a little rundown and needed updating. I told CRF at this point in my life, I'm not interested in an apartment that has a "just out of college and living with roommates" feel. It's so hard to find apartments that will take dogs, though! I'm looking at another place Thursday morning that looks nice...we'll see. Oh and um...I have nothing going on besides work today, LOL.