Womens Running

Wondering Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wondering about injuries/sickness/general lousiness.  :::HUGS:::

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I'm off to the podiatrist to see about the inside of my right heel. He will solve the problem.

Track run was 35 minutes yesterday. Today I also plan a track run. We shall see.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

3 TM miles this morning....looking forward to running outside tomorrow.

Judy -- nice track run!

Damaris - hope you are feeling better!

Tessa - definitely prefer working out to work parties lol

Karen - glad your day got better!

Carol - that sounds like a great weight loss/maintenance idea, earning money and getting gift certificates is definitely motivating.  Are you doing St Pats this year?  I'm thinking about the Irish Double, haven't run this in a couple of years.

Lisa - nice 10, weather was ugly but I sure prefer the temperatures we were having, it's snowing here right now blech

Hi Marjorie, Gatsby, Camille....everyone!!

Ugh, off to work, 6 hour Webinar today, fun stuff and super convenient to require us to sit in front of our computer the entire day the week before Christmas....okay, rant over ha ha

Judy-hope your podiatrist knows just what the problem is!

Carol-I'd prefer snow over rain for Christmas.

Gatsby-would be fun to have you there as well at Leona Divide!

AnnieSusan-was foggy and grey here yesterday too.  not the most festive of weather!

Tessa-what is with all of these falls?  Start paying attention to them and frequency.

Marjorie-Tessa, Karen and you will have a great time!

Karen-we have Thurs/Fri off as holidays for the next 2 weeks.  Sort of surprised me but I'll take them!

Ginny-bummer on the corduroys. <pun intended>

Sue-tree is back up.  I think the cat may be taking the rap though for DH not having the right stand.  He was storming out of the house when I came home and found tree like this.  He came back with a new stand.  I asked no questions and made no comments.

Damaris-feel better!!

Carol-you are brave and smart to take a weight loss challenge that starts now.

Laura-wtg with your streaking!

SRD for me and crazy busy at work.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Last night's Christmas party was fun, but curmudgeonly Karen still grumbled about getting home so late. I have a conference call from 1-3 this afternoon, so may try to get out of here right after so I can get a little running in before dark. And the boss just sent an email out that we get 12/26 off. Woohoo! I guess she could really sense my "cheapness" of not wanting to take a vacation day but not wanting to work yesterday, and I was grateful to coworkers for jumping in on that as well.

Marjorie, from yesterday, I'm flying in Thursday late afternoon and out Saturday night. I'd love to stay longer, but the combination of using points so choices of flights were limited, and the fact that we're most likely going to be closing on our house right around that time frame made me pick leaving Saturday over Monday. Sunday I couldn't get a flight with points, and Monday we may be flying down to TX to sign papers Tuesday. I'll pm the flight details.

Judy, hope the foot has an easy fix.

Laura, I'm so sorry you have to sit through a 6-hour webinar. That is just cruel and unusual! My only saving grace during something like that is my 2nd monitor for internet browsing.

Lisa, your day off yesterday sounded really busy! I will admit that I laughed out loud when you posted the picture of your tree on its side.

Tessa, I'm with Lisa - it seems like you've had a rash of falls recently. Maybe worth mentioning to your doctor - could there be some sort of balance/inner ear/something else I have no knowledge of but will spout off on the internet about?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Howdy!!  I did not get up this morning when the alarm went off.  Slept for another 40 minutes.  Last night I was so wiped out I dozed off while BF was making supper!  Did manage to get a double batch of chocolate crinkles baked before bed though.

So of course since the alarm went off and I did not get up, Jake peed all over the kitchen floor.  ;(  And I had let him out around 0100 when I got up.....after mopping I decided to go run anyway.  Instead of the planned 5 miles I compromised with 3 miles.  Was chilly but nice to get outside.

Tessa---I agree with the others.  Too many falls lately.

Carol--you don't need to lose any weight!!

Karen--I hope your Jake made it through the long day.  Sorry about the crazy commute.  Ugh!  And yes!!!  So excited that December 26 is a federal holiday!!  Woohooo!!!  Maybe we can get January 2 also??? Fingers crossed.

Judy--I hope you had a good birthday

Arimathea

Tessa

I honestly don't think it's an unusual number of falls -- which is a sad comment on my ability to trip over anything -- two during recent races, one on a wet sidewalk. But if it keeps happening I may talk to the doctor.

Judy, I hope the podiatrist can fix your heel.

Marjorie, I don't expect there to be nonstops to most places except cities close by or major metropolitan areas. Chicago, New York, DC, yes I hope for a nonstop. Charleston, not so likely. And Sioux Falls is out of the question. I always have to change in Denver.

Margaret, as long as you are not allergic to cats you are welcome to stay with us -- I am in Santa Clarita. Come on down!

Lisa, those cookies, yum! Christmas tree stands are one thing I think it's important to go for quality. We bought this one http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-Iron-Mountain-Welded-Tree-Stand-for-Trees-up-to-14-ft-IM-3614/203367435 about 15 years ago and are glad we spent the money, it should last many more years and it has withstood multiple cats scaling the tree. I wish we'd had it the year DD was 11 months old and creeping along the furniture -- we had to put the tree on a table that year and it fell over at least once.

Laura, a 6 hour webinar? I would be very tempted to be on the phone the whole time. I hope it's not interactive?

We have Friday the 26th off but I doubt we have the 2nd off. I plan to work from home on the 24th.

And I managed to get in 2.75 this morning. Woke up at 3 AM to an enormous crash of thunder (who'da thunk we'd have a thunderstorm in December?) and all three cats shot under the bed. Fernanda emerged cautiously to huddle next to me, Ed the coward cowered under the bed for the rest of the night, Gwen's curiosity got the best of her and she poked her nose out only to duck back under as the next flash-CRASH hit. It wasn't raining much by 4 AM so I went out for a very slow easy jog. Better than nothing!

Bikerchick1

Judy - Hope your visit with Podiatrist went well!

LCruns - I was just thinking about St. Pats.  I would like to do the Irish Double as well!   Ugh on the webinar.

Lisa - I think this is the perfect time to start a weight loss challenge.  Next weight in isn't for 1 month, and it is only 2% of weight...sure keeps me from too many treats!

karen - Glad that you enjoyed your Christmas party!  I bet you will be glad to have all this commuting to work over with, not sure I would have the patience for that.

Crazysue - Sounds like you have been busy, and you must have needed that extra sleep this am!  The diet challenge is to lose at least 2% of your bodyweight monthly for 3 months....believe me, I can find that much to get rid of!!!!  But thanks for thinking I don't need to!

Tessa - Everyone has beaten me to voice concerns about the falls.  We must have all thought the same thing when reading about your latest fall at the bus stop.  Glad you will watch and follow up!

No run, no class, no physical activity today except work and some errands.  Did have a great run yesterday afternoon though!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Did 10.2 this am. Drove 3 hours out to do a training tomorrow am.  I usually go to this center 1/year. I've been here 4 times in the last 12 months......

Tessa and Karen I can't wait for you all to be here!  I'm off Friday and Monday.  i do fly out Monday night as I have to do training in the pan handle of Florida the rest of that week.

Judy, what is wrong with your foot?

Laura 6 hours for a webinar is a lot at one time!

Lisa too bad they don't make weeble trees so they wouldn't fall down.

Hi Annie Susan!

Marjorie

LC Runs

LOL, thanks for all the words of support on the Webinar...fortunately it was not interactive so I kept it on all day but continued to do my other work and left the office a few times. Ha ha.