Womens Running

The deluge Thursday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K with 5K @ MP on the TM.  I guess I could do this outside, but I am just not motivated to run outside in the dark by myself these days.  The sidewalks are still definitely sketchy and it's dry now but we're supposed to get torrential rain at some point today.

TR - built a really awesome bridge with duplo, singing London Bridge the entire time.  Forgot to mention, the other night he recognized his written name.  Super snuggly last night.  Asked for hugs but then used it as an opportunity to tickle me.  Sneaky kid.

FR - ghetto beef stroganoff again. green beans.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  Got my 5K in yesterday and then a really good spin class.  My quads are still burning!

BR:  I bought him some pacifiers over the weekend because he was so whiny.  Now DH shoves that thing in his mouth constantly.  If we don't have to use it, I don't want to...but I am the one that started it all.

TR:  Was a mess last night.  Went to bed without books or kisses.  Refused to pick up toys.  He stood there and cried.  Was told either he picks up toys or goes to bed....well.  I was almost in tears.  I hate that he is overly emotional about things and wish he would just listen the first time.  (Don't we all.)

NRR:  DH was quiet last night.  I think I know what is going on, but don't have the energy to fix it.  Boys are so draining.  I ordered a wireless receiver for our TV and it was the wrong one.  So...I am going to buy an Apple TV I guess.  We are working on ditching cable.

FR:  Homemade chicken strips and sweet potato tots.

zorbs - that was a pretty impressive bridge he built!  We have rain today too...yesterday was SO nice.  I considered skipping spin and running farther.  But loved the class.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

RR - ST. Maybe just upper body and core. My legs are pretty dead and I'm doing my LR tomorrow.

TR - Whenever anyone mentions it's her birthday on Saturday, she says "Two!" Was a total terror at the grocery store yesterday. Kept running away from me and laughing when she was out of the cart and cried non-stop when I put her in the cart.

FR - Curry salmon, swiss chard, basmati rice for dinner. Pizza lunch at the community centre today.

NRR - During the week, I always work after S goes to bed, but last night I was so exhausted from the grocery store shenanigans and probably also from marathon training, that I decided I would chill out and have a beer and watch TV. Ha ha, I think I had two sips and then conked out on the couch. I slept in this morning but I still feel tired. What the heck?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Zorbs:  Boo on the torrential rain.  Started thundering and lightening in the middle of my run yesterday.  Not fun.  C loves to tickle.  I can't sit next to him or I risk attack.

Mer:  We are working on ditching cable.  I hate throwing $120 out the window when most of what we watch is on the main channels that I can get with just an antenna.

Ernie:  LOL on the two sips.  I was that way with a glass of wine the night before.

And for us  -

SRD - Rollerskating with the kiddo tonight is all I got planned for today.  I ran and ST yesterday.  Legs are super sore today.

TR:  Is doing much better with his letter recognition.  I just hate to push him so hard right now and we are not even in school yet.

NRR:  Inlaws are on the way.  I think they are coming in tomorrow morning rather than late tonight.  Oh joy.

FR: DH decided on a meatball sub last night so tonight will be Spaghetti.

runnergirl9508

RR: 10k/6.2 miles progression on the TM today. Everything that melted yesterday froze overnight, and the roads and sidewalks were a sheet of ice this morning.

TR: keeps running to the window saying "Jeep!" Because he knows my mom is coming today.

NRR: grocery shopped this morning, no plans for the afternoon. Mom is stopping by one of my favorite cafes and picking up lunch Smile

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Nope. Still sick

TR: Zombie child. Could not get him to wake up. I ended up going into work 1/2 hour late and delivered him to daycare still in his jammies, sleeping. I wouldn't be suprised if he was still asleep.

FR: Last night was chicken sausage and boxed GF mac n cheese. I ate leftover mashed potatoes for breakfast.

NRR: Furniture comes today!!!

NRR2- So I guess the gal that grooms my dog came home after dropping the kids off from school, and her husband (or ex husband, getting conflicting stories) walks out into the living room and says "Have fun cleaning my blood off the couch" and then shot himself dead in front of her.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- YAY for poop in the potty!!

Mer- I have a Roku- love it.

Ernie- I have been super tired too. Falling asleep before 8 pm and stuff.

Becky- Wishing you strength to survive the inlaws.

RG- R knows Jeep too, because his godparents have a Baby Blue '79 Wagoneer they take him on rides in.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

spike - Holy Moly!  No one should ever have to witness that no matter what the situation.   That is just nuts!  Wow.  I think we are going to go with Apple TV.  They are on sale right now at Best Buy.  Just need the cord.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - B doesn't pick up toys either and I don't know how to make him, since things are a total mess we end up picking up for him, which of course sends the wrong message.

ernie - B gets that his bday is coming up and can count to 10 but has no idea how old he is.  I am always tired.  But I've been existing on 4-5 hours or less a night and then a 90 min nap since 2006.  And then I think about Sam, who gets home from her waitressing job after midnight and gets up to run again at 4, no nap; or C working 30 hour shifts and I figure I can suck it up.

becky - C is all about the rollerskating?

rg - do you TM at your old gym?

spike - I like dinner for breakfast way more than I like breakfast for dinner.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

beckykay

RG:  Awe, that is too cute.  We won't tell C that the inlaws are coming, just that we have to clean up for visitors.  He wouldn't go to school if he knew, he would want to sit at home and wait Smile

Spike:  Hooray for furniture! Yikes on the suicide.

Zorbs:  Oh yeah, he made me skate around the house with him last night because I was too tired to take him to the rink after running/swimming/lifting.  I am going to make K get skates/rollerblades so I am not the only one that gets to take him.

Erniegirl

zorbs - I would not be too keen on running alone in the dark, either. It is so dreary and there are still lots of random slippery patches. Great job by B on the name recognition. He'll be reading by the time he starts kindergarten! I've been getting a solid 7 hours of sleep a night for the past couple of weeks so my extreme tiredness is inexplicable and annoying. I am also a fan of dinner for breakfast.

mer - Maybe you'll have to hide those pacis from DH! Ditching cable is the way to go. Cable is so expensive and there is nothing on half the time. We have a Roku.

Becky - Rollerskating sounds like fun! Are the ILs staying through the weekend?

rg - Boo to the icy roads. Cute about "jeep!". My mom always hides and jumps out and says "boo!" to S, so whenever I tell S grandma is coming over she starts running around saying "Boo!". Hope you had a good lunch!

spike - I'm sure you wanted to crawl back into bed and sleep all morning like R! Hope you are feeling better soon. Holy crap on the suicide. That is horrible.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15