Womens Running

Run, Walk Weekend (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Went to gym this morning even though it was a postcard perfect Michigan morning. Oh to be out running the trails!  I do want to get out hiking them but also don't want to drive far to "just hike" , etc.   30 doing hill intervals on bike, 30 hard on the arc rider, then 30 somewhat hard on the elliptical followed by 10 on the bike easy to finish up watching True, True, Lie... I measure "hard" when I get HR up past 150's, and moderate when keeping it about 135's.  Does that seem fair?

DD had soccer game then cleaning house and making Italian Wedding Soup and Butternut Squash.

Sue-there have been a number of fairly recent human trafficking stories coming out of metro Detroit.. mainly Eastern European women. sad and scary!

Gatsby-hope you can get out to run the Lakefront in Chicago.

Ginny-woohoo on teh good run!

Cindy-nice job on the race!

Marjorie-nice 20... and point 1!!

Lisa

Howdy!  Had a good time at the Southern Magnolia Century Ride.  We did the 64 mile, not the 100.  Beautiful ride in the country.  Many of the same roads we train on.  Got pretty warm the last hour or so.  Well supported, 4 aid stations with great refreshments.  Came home, washed the car and bike and made it to the recliner with a sandwich in time for the Saints game.  I am pooped.

Woohoo to Laura, Karen, Ginny (great 10miler) and Gatsby (did you say 50?)  Sounds like everyone had a great day

runlikeagirl18

Lisa - no race for me; I'm sidelined with shin splints.

Although I FEEL like I ran a race after hosting 18 boys for DS2's birthday party. It actually went very well, with lots of outside play.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Anonymous Guest

Home from Albany - six hour drive due to a couple of pretty bad traffic areas. Short version of the race for those that haven't seen on facebook - I killed it! 3:33:57 and 3rd place in my age group!!!!

Exhausted now, gonna eat a little ice cream and then go to bed.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Congratulations KAren!

Gatsbybird, hope you enjoyed Firetrails.

4.25 this morning. Heading for bed now.