Womens Running

Terrific Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 13 times)

Erniegirl

zorbs - Impressive lego building! It seems like it's been awhile since you had the chicken pie. Has it been out of stock? I thought the longest mid-week run was 21k as well, but apparently not. I'm happy to have an excuse to skip it

eh - Outdoor skating sounds like fun! I didn't get S skates this winter because I thought she was too young, but then last week she ran onto an outdoor rink and started skating all over the place in her boots....so apparently I was wrong.

mer - I am so sick of the cold and we are also under a windchill advisory/cold weather alert. It is almost March, shouldn't it be starting to warm up a bit? Yay for no accidents! Were the cousins really rambunctious? Praying your friend's surgery goes well

becky - Does the IT band hurt while you run or just afterwards? Lol at the shoe store comment. I should obviously start buying more shoes so I don't have shoe emergencies anymore!

spike - Well, that's offensive that they put all the crap equipment in the women's section, although I guess it does work out in your favour when you have to have R with you. Sometimes grumpy kid photos are the best ones!

rg - There is a nasty arctic wind here, too, and it's staying all week. Blah. I hope your pregnancy continues to fly by - maybe we will actually have some spring weather by the time you hit the third tri! I am aiming for a PR in my half, but not going all out. If this was my A race and I was better at pacing myself, I would probably aim for 1:36 or so. I am going for sub-1:40, which will still be a PR but (hopefully) will not actually require full-out effort.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I never do cardio in the women's gym. Though I have been lifting down there some since they have body bars and good stretching mats.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - the price of the chicken pie went up to $9.99, which I thought was ridiculous for a single meal thing.  But it was on sale this week for $8.99.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

beckykay

RG:  Afterwards, not during.  Wow, 22 weeks already?

Zorbs:  Thanks!  I need to get a b-day present for one of C's friends and Sally's is right next to target Smile

running eh

skating update - I haven't skated in years and I go on boots while the older two skate.  DD2 also goes on her boots.  BUT, I totally chickened out today - it is way too cold.  The kids skated on the driveway yesterday (it is a sheet of ice).  If they insist on skating today, they can go back on the driveway Smile

becky - so glad C had a nice time with his buddy - it's good when they can find someone they play well with.  Yay for Whole Foods.  I am scared of most of the prices at WF, but I would like to shop at Trader Joes I think (at least from what I hear)  Do you have TJs near you?

ernie - Looking forward to seeing the pics of S, she is so sweet!  What shoes do you wear?  I can't go that long without having knee problems,  I cringe when I add up the amount of $$$ I spent on footwear during marathon training.

spike - yay for a new baby in the family Smile  That is a long day for you!  Do you always work so long.  I often don't get home until then, but there is no way I am making dinner at that time of night!

rg - nice run this morning!  My kids love those special carts too.  Our regular stores don't have them though.  Glad your pregnancy is flying by!

zorbs - I won't be in town this week, but I will have to check my March schedule.

beckykay

Eh - both the TJ and WF are in C'ville.  I should send DH to both Wink

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- I actually got off work early yesterday- went to get an allergy shot, well woman appt, then stopped by to see my mom. My doctor's office always takes 1.5-2 hours to get me in and out Sad

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes for my friend Pat today.  My mom just sent me a text that she is out of surgery and the doctor thinks he got everything.  He is saying this is the "best case scenario" for her.  Someone asked...she is in her 60's.  I have known her since we moved to WI when I was 7.  She was a reader at my wedding and her husband was an usher.  Just amazing people....

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- thanks for the update on your friend. R's godparents are 55 and 45 and some of our closest friends, we really do consider them family. Wishing her a speedy recovery, and I won't whine about having to have a PAP smear done yesterday.