Womens Running

Getting ready for Boston Weekend (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning, ladies!  Ended up doing 9 with hubby last night and 12 alone this morning.  I twisted my ankle while running with hubby (his fault, as usual), so I ended up taping it this morning.

THM, morning!  Hope Passover is over before you know it.

Gatsby, thanks, but the high was 91F .  Hope your run yesterday went well.

Lisa, nice run with your friends.

Carol, nice 7 on the trail.

Marjorie, saw the picture in FB.  Glad they liked it.  But,  ALLIGATOR??????

Karen, hope you sleep well tonight.

Camille, next full is SF in July.  Nice workouts!

LC Runs, nice runs.  Enjoy the Tigers game!

Have a great Sunday!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning, ladies!

It's so beautiful here today, so different from yesterday!

I did 10 miles, with 4 at my "tempo" pace. haha. My tempo goal was 9 min/per and my splits were 8:55, 8:54, 8:43, and 8:58. The good news is not once did I feel like dying, even on the 8:43.

yes, Marjorie, my son is graduating this year! I guess I won't be a Tar Heel Mom anymore!!!

So nice to "see" you, Laura. I am happy to have the time to be back with you girls.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

camille2

THM, congrats on son's graduation!  I won't be here next weekend for the race, though I registered last year during  their special rate. I had a hip injury in Nov and did PT over the winter. PT cautioned me to increase very gradually and it was pretty easy to get used to low miles and now I'm  trying to get back into shape while  taking his advice.  Have a great race! I think it's Cindy's goal race. Just a couple more days of Passover. Is the correct greeting, "Happy Passover"?

Laura, enjoy the game!

Marjorie, thanks for Linked in info.

Gatsby, enjoy Easter with your dad.

It's not raining now so I'm going to try for an hour run after the late breakfast settles.    It was fun making the bags and hiding the eggs.  DD still likes to hunt and we'll hide a few for her hubby to hunt later.  He felt awkward/too old  the first year, but enjoys it now. We're still working on his Christmas spirit.

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone.  Not going to try a long run today... will get out for a few miles but I don't want to push it.  Still coughing from that bug and I don't want to hurt my ribs again, which seems to happen at least one every year.  Then I'll clean the house and go out with my Dad later for Easter dinner.

Camille, glad you liked the photos. I've been trying to walk the fine like between staying active and not making the bug get worse.  I use LInkedIn for work-related stuff, especially for job hunting since it tells you who know  at which companies, who your contacts are connected to in their networks, that sort of thing.

Marjorie, sounds like taking a rest day was the right call.  Glad Dad's visit has been going well.

Tar Heel Mom, those splits look pretty speedy to me!

Damaris, careful on the twisted ankle... if there's pain, have it checked out.

LC, sounds like a fun weekend for you.

Have a great day, everyone.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Amy how is it possible he is already graduating?  Geesh

Damaris, yep Alligator. A lot of people eat it. I don't do seafoods and not that so I didn't have any.

Gatsby by hope you feel better

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Amy how is it possible he is already graduating?  Geesh

Damaris, yep Alligator. A lot of people eat it. I don't do seafoods and not that so I didn't have any.

Gatsby by hope you feel better

We have it around the Everglades here, together with frog legs.  Both make me want to  and .

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page