Womens Running

Willpower weekend (Read 18 times)

Anonymous Guest

13 with 8 at MP. That was tough, especially since I'm not sure what marathon pace is for me right now. I know it's nowhere near the 8 minute miles it was before I got injured. I figured I'd shoot for between 8:30 and 8:45 - I averaged 8:26. And now I am beat.

I started our taxes this morning and it looks like we're going to get screwed this year. DH got a lump sum payment to deal with moving expenses that the company doesn't cover directly last year. It was apparently enough to bump us into a new tax bracket with a significantly higher rate. Right now it shows we owe over $7k, and I haven't even done the state yet. I'm going to go back and see what happens if we file separately - this sucks.

Marjorie, I can't imagine an entire hour on the chair!

Lisa, nice pics. Snow is pretty when it's somewhere else.

Cindy, hope the knee is doing better. I got the first 50 Shades book from the library a few years ago - couldn't get through it. The writing was horrible. I didn't even make it 1/3 of the way through.

Ginny, 10 on the TM is pretty freaking impressive.

Gatsby, a run in the rain (that's not cold) can be fun. The hardest part is getting started. Hope the trail run volunteering is fun as well, and thank you for doing it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Candy is all done and set. Red velvet cream cheese brownies should be out soon.

Milk and dark chocolate. Put almonds in some, some with mint flavor, some with M&Ms. I'm pleased with how they turned out. Pretzel and dark chocolate hears and strawberry/milk chocolate hearts. Tessa I used sprinkles like I found when we were at JoAnns.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby yes. I send it all to dH s work. I don't eat it. I want to make cheese cake hearts shaped like conversation hearts. I'm out of vanilla so they will have to wait.  If I don't go to TN as planned this week I will make them then.

Cindy I'm sure your Dh is using the deck uttering as distraction for now. Hope he find something soon.  The pups actually sit still well. The handle slipped as their nails are very very thick. Today I was able to trim it back. Still hurts a bit.

Karen we have to always pay for taxes. We pay quarterly and have for years. We get back some from state so it sorta evens out.

Ginny I can't imagine 10 miles on the TM. Even with a book

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Ran 16.90 this morning with the last 8 at MP + 10%.  Very strong workout for me.

Lisa, nice job on the vacation and keeping up with the MAF running and eating.

Cindy, sorry about the knee.  Hope it feels better.  I have been coughing a bit since my coach has me doing some faster than MP runs (which usually gibve me asthma) but since the temps have been nice, no asthma issues at all.  Yay.

Ginny, nice job on then TM, badass!

Marjorie, I saw the candy, yum.  Nice run.

Gatsby, hope you enjoyed the race volunteering.  Nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Karen, strong workout.  Great job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Was a warm up today but that meant that the trails would be slush/mush and I won't run on pavement again (plus much of it is ice, slush, or puddles).  Talked run buddy into running on TM next to me (a miracle but she has same horrible streets to run on).  Did one hour with 13% incline (2.5 miles) and then one hour running (4 miles).  Keeping heart rate in the 130's the whole time so slow but I guess when I think of it, other than when tm stopped after first hour I was moving the entire time.  Also realized that I had done the 2 hours with only water.  This has been pretty remarkable for me (the self-proclaimed over fueler!) to have not used any gels or Gatorade on any runs since I've started this experiment...3 weeks ago? I have brought nuts on some trail runs but not really eaten many at all and only after 1.5 hours when tummy was asking for something in it, not from bonking feeling.  Any of you who have run with me know that I've always been a Gatorade in bottle, gel or something to eat every hour or maybe even every 45 minutes.  Granted I haven't done anything longer than 2 hours yet.

And since I like sharing those pics..

Running around the reservoir is preferable in the spring, summer, or fall to this icy path.  I opted to run around it on the road.

Unless you really look for the buildings in the background this could be any small town park.  Ha!  It sure it pretty!

My coworker Veronica took the pic of me.

Ginny-I will be back in NY at beginning of March.  March 4, 5, 6.  Come on out!  Great job on the TM!!  Medal of honor on that run!  The snow part was very tough.  We could only hike it other than some of the downhills but even then tough.

Karen-ouch on the taxes...

Marjorie-YUM!!!

Damaris-no vacation.  I was in NY for work.. I just have a way of enjoying my work and making the most of what it brings my way.  :-) Had two job fairs to attend in the 3 days.  DD is back in Miami and I'm sure happy to rid herself of all of the layers.

Gatsby-glad you're happy about the downpour!

Cindy-sorry to hear about the pain!  Yes, do take it easy tomorrow.

Lisa