Womens Running

Merry Monday (Over 40) (Read 23 times)

ginnyb

Well I ran 3 slow miles both Saturday and Sunday, now I have shin splint in right leg ( I never get shin splints) right hamstring hurts and lower back hurts.  I am starting to get depressed, what the heck is going on?   Nothing really hurt while running and I did walk/run.  Seems I am falling apart all at once instead of gradually.   Not sure how to handle this.

Carol...sorry you are temporarily sidelined, hope you get better fast.

Karen...Wow on the mileage for the year!  Impressive.

Tessa...RN SIL definitely needs a hit over the head with the bottle!

Damaris.....get those kittys healthy!

I want to run tomorrow, because we are supposed to get snow again starting the next couple of days, but I just don't know.....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/treatment/a/synvisc.htm

Tessa-the "chicken shot" is a gel that is injected into knee area. made from the substance found in the combs of roosters (thus the nickname...although "cock shot" might be more correct but not more appropriate. LOL).  Adds lubrication / cushioning in cases of arthritis.  In my case the arthritis is very mild but doc says that the soft tissue is just not recovering as quickly as expected so this could help to provide more cushioning.  Effects not supposed to be felt for a month so this is likely mostly due to time passing that I'm feeling better but the extra gel in there may not be hurting either.

Went to gym to have them create a weight type of plan for me today.  Will do this in addition to cardio.  Will see how that goes.  Went thru some machines so that I have idea of correct form for them.

Saw Frozen with grands and oldest dd today. Cute movie.

Ginny-could it be from the strength / weight training you're doing. different stressers for body.

Detroit Marathon signup opens on Jan 1.  for the first week it's $70 then goes up to $115.  Going to sign up for the full. Will be only long race this year that I do.  October 19.  Come on to Detroit and join me! I am confident that I'll get there for it.  Also okay if that is only full I do this year.  No regrets for doing the other races. Would rather have done them and get injured then wondered if I could and not done them.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, sorry about the shin splints.

Lisa, yay for signing up.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page