Womens Running

Not another Monday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - ah yes... I guess you should be scheduling your anniversary dinners at McD's then Smile  too bad they don't have a wine list!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Kant- My kiddo is bad about wanting to pick stuff up to examine it- I just tell him its yucky garbage, or "Dont touch, icky poop!"  Good luck with your DH, food allergies suck bigtime! He knows to watch certain kinds of foods like Asian food (fish sauce), Italian food (anchovies), worcestershire sauce, and snack foods like Gardettos, right?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

kant - I think it depends on what kind of hit was it. Was it a gentle smack on the shoulder, or something more?  but if you felt like MIL crossed a line then you should say so ASAP.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

nolamama

CQTM

spike - I was on allergy shots as a kid, but when I moved to Colorado for college, they completely cleared up. Now that I'm in the swamp they seem to be coming back. This year just seems worse. My office has a mildew problem, which should be fixed once they change out the carpets in the next month, so whenever I'm at work, it's always worse.  My leg is feeling good for now...I'm so hoping it stays that way!

zorbs - boo on the crappy asshole at work. Can you steal your client base and take them somewhere else?

nolamama

CQTM

kant - that is a tough situation with MIL, but I would definitely talk to your H about it. A one year is too young for any kind of hitting, in my opinion.  

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

zorbs - boo on the crappy asshole at work. Can you steal your client base and take them somewhere else?

yes that's what I'm trying to do, but I have to be very careful as I once got a nasty letter from a gym after I quit, accusing me of stealing clients (that time I didn't).

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

nolamama

CQTM

yes that's what I'm trying to do, but I have to be very careful as I once got a nasty letter from a gym after I quit, accusing me of stealing clients (that time I didn't).

I figured that would be frowned upon, but if the dude is an ass, than I wouldn't feel bad about it at all (after quietly stealing them.)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I figured that would be frowned upon, but if the dude is an ass, than I wouldn't feel bad about it at all (after quietly stealing them.)

Oh if he was a nice boss I wouldn't steal clients! I just worry that somehow he'll get wind of it and try to sue me.  But the other trainers all hate him too, so it's unlikely any of them would rat on me.  Still, I gotta be careful!

runnergirl9508

zorbs- good luck on your peak week! we spent a while outside blowing bubbles yesterday, too. R tries to pop every single one. I love that something so simple keeps them entertained. I took some of my PT clients with me when I left the gym, but I don't view it as "stealing" b/c they had been loyal clients of mine for 5-6 years. R will fart, and I'll say "Did you fart?" He'll grin and say, "No, Ginger."

Ernie- whoohoo for a skirt run! I ran in capris and a ls tech this morning and it was awesome! I was getting close to burning my tights, lol. sounds like a fun day at the maple syrup farm! lol- stupid question: is tax day in Canada also April 15?

reh- enjoy your yoga today. hope the MW apt goes well. is this a new one you're seeing? ugh, hope that DS takes a looooooooong nap for you today. those whiny days are hard.

CA- lol on beating DH at the end of the run- sounds like it was a nice one in the mtns. glad the girls were so good for the weekend away- makes it more enjoyable for you, too! OMG an hr for food?! I would have been complaining numerous times, especially with kids there! R wouldn't have sat still without food for that long.

nola- hey! good to see you back. happy 2nd bday to A. Ugh, hope that she naps better for you today. those no nap days are HARD! Sorry about the allergies, hope they clear up soon for you.

spike- great job on your 8 miler this weekend! nice on the babysitter entertaining R for a bit yesterday- I definitely have days I think about doing the same. Yay for more progress on the house- our living room has been repainted for 2 months now, yet we still haven't hung any pictures or artwork up, lol. A gift cert for a massage sounds great! Yeah, R will fart once, laugh about it, then try to force another one out. Boys.

Kant- thanks! yay for a nap today- I know you were having a rough time with her not napping for a bit. Hope your LR goes well today. Whoa, I would have punched MIL in the face if she hit my kid- I don't care what the reason was! I'd be most pissed that she thought it was her job to "correct" my kid even though I was right there- it's usurping my authority as a parent.  And I hear ya- I'd think twice about leaving the baby with MIL after that. enjoy the warmer weather today.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

Nola - glad you are back!  Sorry about the lack of sleep, hopefully tonight is better.  I am due the beginning of September, and I think this will be the last one.  Allergies are crappy - I am starting to wonder if I have them now too...

rg - hilarious that R blames his farts on the dog!!  Way to go DH!!  Wonderful that he is so handy AND so motivated!  Have you guys started coming up with names yet?

spike - does DH get massages more often?  My DH always likes getting one, but it doesn't happen often.  Yay for house progress!  Every little improvement seems to make such a big difference.  Yum on your FR - I am looking forward to some fresh veggies in the next few months.  I am kind of getting sick of "winter" food.

kant - yikes on MIL - I would just leave it now as you got your point across, but I am a SUPER non-confrontational person.  This warmer weather is so lovely.  I caught DD2 eating a cigarette butt at the park once...so so so terrible!!

Erniegirl

eh - Are you liking your mw any better these days? It is so annoying when they wake up too early but then are whiny from lack of sleep. It's like, go bad to bed if you're grumpy, kid! There is one farm about 3 km from my house that has tons of kids activities and festivals and the maple syrup bush. We do get some produce from there, but the place we get our CSA from is another farm about 6 km away. They are both family farms and not actually that big.

CA - Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Ugh, an hour long wait for food is way too long, especially with kids! Yay for getting things comped, though.

nola - Welcome back! Are you fully recovered from the sfx now? It is so annoying when you do something big and tiring like a zoo trip and somehow they still don't sleep well! I'm registered for a May marathon

rg - I did not even bat an eye at the "uneven" 5.8 miles. I am so unconcerned about even numbers, that I have this one route that, when I get back to my doorstep, is always 10.97 km, and I don't even both running the extra .03 km or rounding up in my log, lol. So funny about R blaming his farts on the dog. Wow, your DH made great progress on the room yesterday! Tax day in Canada in April 30, so it's not totally crunch time yet, but it's getting close.

spike - Sounds like your DH missed out on a good meal!

kant - Ha ha, yes, I was totally thinking the same thing, that all my breaks were nice yesterday, but my run took FOREVER despite not going all that far  OMG, if I saw my MIL hit S, I am pretty sure I would smack MIL! Do you think you got your point across or do you think she would do it again? If you think she might do it again, I would talk to your DH and ask him to have a talk with her about it.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I am so unconcerned about even numbers, that I have this one route that, when I get back to my doorstep, is always 10.97 km, and I don't even both running the extra .03 km or rounding up in my log, lol. 

what did you think of me the time we ran past the house to make it an even 17K for me?

Erniegirl

what did you think of me the time we ran past the house to make it an even 17K for me?

Ha ha, that was definitely a first for me!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- DH has never had a massage from anyone other than me. So it would be a real treat for him. Problem is deciding who to go to. The last time I went to the gal across the street, but she is DH's BFF's ex-gf, so probably a no go. She was more athletic and gave me a harder massage than the lady I used to go to.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07