Womens Running

Wishing Weekend (over 40) (Read 16 times)

Susan-can't wait to hear about your adventure!

carol-you crack me up Worrying about being too slow. It's the Poto, a training run and ultra friends. No such thing as slow.  Katie is in training for fall 100 miler at Sawtooth in MN. She is looking for as many slow miles as she can and having company is a gift when it's for 20 of them. I also think she has rim to rim to rim on her calendar.  Give me some dates so that I can start arranging. You can get turned around on Poto so good to have someone familiar with it.  We once saw the same signpost 3xs. And not on purpose. That was 4 or more years ago. Know it now.

Camille-5ks are hardest. Thank goodness there aren't mile races en vogue.

Ginny-you go girl! Can't wait to run with you again.

Karen-WTG!

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lisa - I will look at the schedule and let you know the date we are looking at.  We actually were a little worried of getting turned around in there!  Slow is good!  The more the merrier Smile

Marjorie - Great job on the 60 mile week!

Had a great time at the Tri today.  Haven't done a ton of Tri specific training this season, but managed to get the time I wanted.  Seriously fast ladies today and in my AG...Geez.!  Was so fun to see so many 50/60 & 70 somethings out there today!  The oldest was 78.  The announcer made sure to announce her name, and comment "Look how beautiful she is coming in"...Just awesome!!!

Can't wait to hear from the other racers today!

Carol

Bikerchick1

Ginny - Nice job on your 11 today!  The weather ended up being fine - except for very humid, but no rain.  Hope you had the same!

I did it!!!!  5:47!  I couldn't be happier.  Will write more later (going to take a nap) but here's one image  ... http://tinypic.com/r/smfvhw/8

Great job RunnersMom!  And in hot temps too!  Even if there had been a cut-off, you would have been fine.   Hope you are resting and recovering well.

Karen, woohoo on your 6 hour race yesterday!  That's some serious mileage!

Camille, 5k races are hard since there's not enough miles for down time or sneaking breaks.

GInny, nice 11 miler!

Marjorie, that's a lot of miles for the week.  Good to see your body is cooperating once again.

Carol, congrats on your tri!  Love it that there are so many competitive athletes in the upper age groups.  Have you heard of Harriet Anderson?  78 year old Ironman finisher at Kona last year.  An aunt by marriage to one of my running buddies. http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/news/articles/2013/12/performance-of-the-year-harriet-anderson.aspx#axzz38hW9YTen

My HM went well today.  Finished in 1:57, which was my fastest time on this course (not a HM PR, but just a few minutes away).  It was a warm day for SF, with temps in the 60s at the start and just a little fog that burned off.  Hope Damaris had a good day and checks in to report back on her full marathon!  Here's me at the finish looking very pink.  I think it helped me run faster.

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8%3B99%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A%3B%3B%3D938%3DXROQDF%3E27%3A%3A85%3A729249ot1lsi

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Woohoo to Susan and Margaret!

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Here is the pic of Susan. I copied it to post the pic versus just link.

Nice job Gatsby and Carol.

Marjorie

camille2

Just checking on the racers.

Susan, that is a great pic and a rare one...a smiling marathoner!  Way to go!

Margaret, you look great, too!  That's a speedy time for a hilly course.  Great job!

Carol, no pics?  Congrats on the tri!  There are speedy women here, too. I esp like to see speedy ones older than me. I love that the announcer gave the 78 yr old a shout out.

Ginny...way to go!

Cindy, it looks like lots of fun at Grandma Camp! Looks like one I'd want to go to...campfires and pool. Sweet.

Yesterday's time was 31:15 and I was 2nd of 9 in 60-69, but there were several  walkers since it was for charity.   Actually, I typically do best at shorter races like 5k's so that race really showed how out of shape I am!   Lisa, you're right about the 1 milers though. Fairbanks had one in their race series and I usually needed an inhaler after running it...would cough and cough.  I figure it's better to have a reality check though so that I quit ambling along.

There are a couple visitors from GA here so late breakfast with them and since it's a gorgeous here today (Alaska Range Is out), will bike the Coastal Trail. I'll follow that with a couple miles of running.

Question: Anyone use Athlinks?  I can't access yesterday or today.  That's where I have many of my results.

Bikerchick1

Camille - I would post a picture - but I can't figure out how to do it Sad   Nice job on the 5k! Biking the Coastal Trail sounds wonderful!

Gatsbybird - Great picture & great race!!!

Susan - Love that finish line smile!

Carol

Hi again,

Thanks Camille.  I really like that picture too.  Maybe I was smiling because I was just so happy to be done!  I also walked the last 10 miles with my friend Leslie, so I wasn't dead from running.  Here's another photo Leslie took just before the shoot.  http://tinypic.com/r/33erdc8/8  It was pretty cool - the race director had the volunteers make a tunnel for me to run through.  It was especially nice as I think there probably was a hour or more between the runners that came in before me (I was not DFL, though). 

I ran the first 16 miles then walked the last 10 with Leslie.  Still I finished in 3:57.  Definitely not going to complain, and as one of my former students wrote on my FB wall, Kensington isn't the southern Rockies, but there are enough hills to challenge any runner: 
                      http://tinypic.com/r/v7bodg/8.  Leslie race-walked the 4.8-6 mile section with me then helped at the aide station while I ran the 6-11.1 mile out and back.  Then she race-walked the rest with me.  Lisa, I believe you know Leslie.  She also knows Kaite and David.  Small world... at least in the running community.

Awesome wildlife sightings on the run: nesting ospreys with young, lots of turkeys with young, several sand hiil cranes, deer, herons, and lots of chipmucks. 

Several thoughts: glad I wore my racing belt with two water bottles - aid stations were sometimes far apart and in the heat and humidity, it was good to have my own gatorade.   Cut up clif bars in snack bags worked well.  Had a half clif bar every hour.  Also had berry gu at about 20 miles, which didn't upset my stomach.  The m&m's Simon and Jeff brought me were very welcome as was the ice that I could put in my gaitor and down my shirt. 

Only disappointment was the medal as it doesn't say marathon (instead it has 10k, half marathon, and marathon).  Still I know I did a full and that's pretty much all that matters.  I may make a label and put it on the back with the distance and time.

Well I may try to do personals this evening or I may just go to bed.