Womens Running

(Over 40) Weekend Run Time (Read 25 times)

Disney freak

MUCH better run today.  I went 3.5 miles, and NikePlus told me that it was my fastest 5K ever!  whhoooooo hooooo!

I think was was just tired all week.  I got 9 hours of sleep, and a good breakfast/lunch.

After everyone's feedback, and trying the plan for a week, I am going to add some miles to the week. I think I am going to add 1/2 mile to the midweek runs (they were way too easy - make them 2 1/2 miles) I'm also going to have just 1 rest day before my long run, and turn the rest day after in to a 1 mile run. (and still do the yoga stretching - I've really enjoyed that)

This puts my total miles per week at:

week 1: 8.5 (this week)

week 2: 10

week 3: 11 miles

week 4: 10 miles

week 5: 13 miles

week 6: 14 miles

week 7: 16 miles

week 8: 12 miles

week 9: 17 miles

week 10: 18 miles

week 11: 12 miles

week 12: 5 miles + race

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
    • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
    • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
    • training for Big D half on 4/14
    Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Quick check in - After another run this afternoon, I've had my biggest week yet - 13.37 miles! I'm pretty psyched.

I'm fixin' to get ready for the birthday dinner of my choice!  Hubby is taking me to one of my favorite restaurants for a Hibachi dinner.  YUM!  Steak and scallops or Salmon and Chicken?  hmmmmmm

I'll check back in to catch up with personals in the morning.

G'nite!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Damaris hope the eye is better.

I took a short nap today which is not like me.  But, with all this stress and getting nearly no sleep Thursday night I needed it even with 9 hours last night.

Julie yay!

Lisamarie congrats on better run

Gatsby thanks  The authorities know.  There is nothing they can do, and frankly I don't want to deal with it anymore.  Hence why dad is in time out and I'm ignoring him.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa-Marie and Julie, congratulations on the PRs!

Karen, please tell me that it's an artificial tree. Because if it's a real one, that's one mighty crispy tree by now.

Lisa/MMR, I have never played euchre, but it sounds like any other game: men are competitive and take it seriously, women are chatting and have no recollection of who did what.

Marjorie, sorry you have had to put your dad in time out, but it sounds like the best thing to do for now.

Amy, we had those cold temps last week. Hope it improves.

Gatsbybird, Mavericks this weekend? Last year they were shooting the "Of Men and Mavericks" movie there, weren't they?

Hello everyone else...sorry, can't go back and read the first page.

22 miles this morning. Warm and windy. Picked the wrong route, 18-20 were uphill and into the wind.

Happy runs!

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies,

Quick check in this am..after 2 long days of driving made it to Florida.  Yesterday took Aly to the in-laws for a visit (another 3 hours in the car)  I did get up and do 3 miles in the am....was awesome!!!  Hoping to get out this am again for a little run

Today sort of a relaxing day before the Disney madness starts!

Sorry, not able to do personals this am......but Michigan girls I hear it is cold up there........

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 10 miles went great despite the eye and allergy reaction.  5 recovery miles tonight.

Lisa-Marie & Julie, great job with those PRs.

Arimathea, have fun with your 22.

Bikerchick, enjoy Orlando.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning, girls. Just finished a nice 6.33 miles.

Laura, I laughed about your DS not wanting to shop. It's terrible going shopping with boys.

Gatsby, I know there are phone apps for running but my phone is GIANT. It's a Motorola Razr, plus I have a heavy duty case on it because I tend to drop things.

Camille, the Garmins I have lost lately are a 205 (very old) and a 110 (given to me by a friend who got a new one). I will check their website and see if there's a replacement policy on either of them. I don't have any of the papers or forms that came with them though.

Today Dh and I are going to an open house. We are starting to look at houses because I really want to get out of this rental dump and we had a mortgage broker tell us how much we qualify for, even with him just doing freelance work. It's not a lot, but we don't want a lot.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

LisaMarie-hate those cement blocks.  Glad it got better.

Laura-bet you're glad you got out yesterday vs today!  BRRRR....

Julie-No kayak on my roof but traveling with handheld has become automatic.

Amy-No Monday off but I'll work from home.  MLK Day is one that we are working on having off.

Karen-he'd like to but the cost part is there plus he only has 2 weeks of vacation.  Have pointed out that he could come.

Camille-nice hiking!

Linda-I think euchre is more of a midwest thing.

Damaris-hope your 10 went well last night!

Lisa

Page 2

LisaMarie-what distance are you racing?

Julie-Happy Birthday dinner!

Tessa-please don't pick that route when we run together.

CArol-22 but "feels like" 8 here in Detroit.  Tomorrow may be a treadmill morning.

Amy-good luck house viewing!!

Yesterday did the yellow and blue loops at park where we'll be running the "Island Fever Fat Ass" in February. Park is Island Lake Recreation Area, thus the inspiration for my FA name. Had a running friend join me for the 9.5 mile Blue loop and had a very good run. She's another very positive person so fun.. Kind of surprised to do it at a 12:30 pace even with the icy ruts in many places. We were talking about Karnel and that sort of thing.

Then I did the 6 mile yellow loop by myself. Was feeling great and just really strong.  At times thought of all the people who loved to run but had already departed.  Almost felt at times like maybe I had company on my run.  For the first time EVER I ran (using word somewhat losely) every one of the hills. Was passed by 2 runners in the last 1/4 mile or so then talked to them at trailhead. Father and daughter who, believe it or not, had already "signed up" to do Karnel's Amazing Event.  I had never met either of them but they post on the same local ultra group Facebook page.  That loop I ran sub 12 minute pace which was "amazing."  I think I just did Karnel's Amazing Event!  Yes, I get a bit melodramatic but prefer to think of it as having a receptive mind open to possibilities vs questioning them.

Then dd had a basketball game (lost by 4 points), worked concessions then went to see Gentlemen Prefer Blondes at fav movie theater.  Oldest DD's step grandmother had passed away so she was back in town for funeral. She loves the theater too and talked her dad, stepmom adn 2 uncles into doing.  There we all sat, watching from the balcony.

Today is dd's 26th bday so since she's in town we might get to do something later with her. Younger dd has another bball game.

Will take rest day today and run tomorrow.

Have a good day ladies.

Lisa

camille2

Tessa, that was a lot of uphill!  Wind, too...you're tough!

Linda, I meant to ask how your tummy fat procedure worked.  Curious, as usual. : )

Amy, you might try calling Garmin.  They are truly exceptionally nice/helpful and I think the 205/305's were similar.

Julie, happy BD!  Great choices

Can you believe it...I am baking again today?!  My twin bro's have a BD and SIL has death in family.  I'm usu a holiday or AK baker...it's unusual to do this much here.  BTW, replacing part of the oil with unsweetened applesauce in chocolate cupcakes works.  I've usu only done it in breads or apple cakes but tried it yesterday-couldn't tell any difference.

gorgeous here. Sunny-50  Planning 5 in a bit

Modified to add-Lisa, so cool that opther people are doing her event!  Way to go on those hills!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 22 miles.  Was a pretty good run but had to stop at mile 16 to pee.  The bathroom at the golf course was locked (and being it was 60 degrees and golfers out it was odd).  So ran another half mile to a porta potty by the houses being built.  At least they were available.  I'd had to pee since mile 3 but my bladder is never an issue so I just kept going then figured since I was by a bathroom it would be a good idea to stop.  Took a super long shower and now just hanging out with dh and the pupups.

Lisamarie glad the last run was better.

Lisa sounds like a good run!

Amy good for you getting out of the rental.  I hope it goes well finding something you can make your own

Carol yikes driving to Orlando is far from you and I75 is a long highway  I assume you took that most the way?

Camile happy baking!

Tessa nice run.  Hilly 22 is a hard thing!

Damaris hope the eye is better!

Marjorie

Disney freak

Today I have 1 mile and yoga planned.  It's going to have to wait until tonight, though.  Spent the morning at church and grocery store, and now headed to my nephew's birthday party on the other side of the metroplex.  It'll be dark, but there are some really well lit streets near my house, and it's only a mile.

Karen - I use a Fitbit.  I've been using it for 10 weeks now and love it.  Instead of using 1200 calories to lose weight, I just try to maintain a 500-750 calorie deficit everyday.  I've gotten to where I can predict (the website helps, predict, too) how many calories I burn each day depending on what I do.  I also am Fitbit "friends" with my husband, and two of my Jazzercise instructors.  That way, there's a little competition for # of steps.  One of them tells me she does laps at home when I start gaining on her!

Marjorie – your dogs sound and look so sweet.  Do they like to snuggle with you?

Camille – I did some baking today, too.  Easy peasey stuff, though – No Pudge brownies.  Num num.

LisaMMR – I’m training for a half marathon.

TarheelMom- have fun at the open house.   I love looking at other people’s houses.

Damaris – I read your Goofy report and loved it.  I’m really getting in to reading race reports to help me prepare for my half.  I would love to run @ Disney someday.

Bikerchick – have fun in Florida.  I miss Mickey already, and we just saw him in September!

Tessa – whew!  Uphill AND into the wind.  Must have been quite the workout!

Julie – have fun at your birthday dinner.  Mine is coming up, and I decided on The Melting Pot. (fondue)

LCruns – thanks for the encouragement.  Runs like that really sap my motivation, though, since I’m such a new runner.

Gatsbybird – sorry you have to work all weekend!

Karen – thanks for the breathing tips.  I’ll try that next time!

Linda – how did your 15 go?

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
                          • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
                          • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
                          • training for Big D half on 4/14
                          Anonymous Guest

Some nice runs out there girls! I woke up this morning with a headache, so decided not to drive out to the trail for the group run. Instead, drank some water, went back to bed and then ran a nice leisurely ten late morning. 10 was what was on my schedule anyway. Week 3 of Hanson's Advanced plan done and I have to say so far I like it. It's still early in the plan, but I think I'm a fan.

So glad I'm not the only one that still had Christmas stuff up! And yes, Tessa, artificial tree. My dad is allergic so we always had artificial growing up, so that is what is "normal" for me. I wouldn't know what to do with a real one!

Julie, hope you had a great birthday dinner!

Carol, bet you're glad to be out of the car. My parents drove to Disney every year for several years with my sister's kids, but they had a several hour headstart on you (leaving from central IL). I still thought it was a little nuts! Enjoy the time with Aly.

Lisa, wow that was a great run. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa-Marie, glad your run was better. We all have bad runs, but they just make us appreciate the good runs even more.

Hi to everyone else! Trying to decide on dinner plans (I declared Sunday a cooking-free day a couple months ago, so it's our one night a week we go out). Most likely the sports bar place down the street or the burrito place a couple towns over.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

I did run 15 miles yesterday, btw.

I sometimes forget to say what I actually ran.  LOL

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

It is an awesome race even if you don't like Disney (like me).  Well organized, and yes, a little pricey, but an opportunity to have at least once in a lifetime.  DH does not mind me doing it every year either, haha.

Today I have 1 mile and yoga planned.  It's going to have to wait until tonight, though.  Spent the morning at church and grocery store, and now headed to my nephew's birthday party on the other side of the metroplex.  It'll be dark, but there are some really well lit streets near my house, and it's only a mile.

Karen - I use a Fitbit.  I've been using it for 10 weeks now and love it.  Instead of using 1200 calories to lose weight, I just try to maintain a 500-750 calorie deficit everyday.  I've gotten to where I can predict (the website helps, predict, too) how many calories I burn each day depending on what I do.  I also am Fitbit "friends" with my husband, and two of my Jazzercise instructors.  That way, there's a little competition for # of steps.  One of them tells me she does laps at home when I start gaining on her!

Marjorie – your dogs sound and look so sweet.  Do they like to snuggle with you?

Camille – I did some baking today, too.  Easy peasey stuff, though – No Pudge brownies.  Num num.

LisaMMR – I’m training for a half marathon.

TarheelMom- have fun at the open house.   I love looking at other people’s houses.

Damaris – I read your Goofy report and loved it.  I’m really getting in to reading race reports to help me prepare for my half.  I would love to run @ Disney someday.

Bikerchick – have fun in Florida.  I miss Mickey already, and we just saw him in September!

Tessa – whew!  Uphill AND into the wind.  Must have been quite the workout!

Julie – have fun at your birthday dinner.  Mine is coming up, and I decided on The Melting Pot. (fondue)

LCruns – thanks for the encouragement.  Runs like that really sap my motivation, though, since I’m such a new runner.

Gatsbybird – sorry you have to work all weekend!

Karen – thanks for the breathing tips.  I’ll try that next time!

Linda – how did your 15 go?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page