Womens Running

Turn Back Weekend (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

My favorite weekend.. we get to turn back time!

Lisa

Look at me posting early!  Woohoo, in NY. Looks like a good weekend for running here.  Heading off to the expo soon.

Hi Lisa. I'll be glad for that extra hour on Sunday.

Karen, hope you race is going well.

Damaris, where are you staying in NY?  We're by the Lincoln Center

Hi to everyone else.  Be back later. MTA whoops fixed some typos darn cell phone keys

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good luck racers

off to the puppy pool

Lisa glad the knee is improving.

Gatsby enjoy NYC

Marjorie

ginnyb

Still being a slug, but did work out with trainer twice this week.  Just not motivated at all....

Working today, do not enjoy working Saturdays, but we all have to take our turn.

Marjorie...sorry about the pain, hope it clears itself up soon.

Lisa..wish you had no pain either.

So Gatsby and Damaris are both doing NYC?  I might have that wrong.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Posting from.......the Greyhound bus! I was a little skeptical about traveling this way, but the seats are comfy, there's tons of leg room, there are plugs to charge my phone and free Internet. Not bad at all. Race this morning was really nice. I was thinking 4:15 or so, but the course was flat and the weather was awesome and I had to stop and pee once and had to again and did not want to stop again, so sped up the last few miles and finished in 3:53:27. I don't know what was up - me and my bladder need to have a serious conversation!

Had a lot of fun with Smilin' Tobes and his wife. And Indianapolis is a neat little city. Very enjoyable all around.

Gatsby! Posting on east coast time...have a great time tomorrow.

Damaris, hope you have a fun marathon as well.

A little faster race than planned means a little more sore. I may just run with my sister at her pace tomorrow. I know she'd appreciate it since her daughter had to back out. Honestly the main reason I wanted to run it fast is because it's the Hot Chocolate racer and I wanted to get to the post-race chocolate before it got super crowded with long lines. Will see how I feel in the morning, I guess

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

runlikeagirl18

Jumping in to say, good luck tomorrow Damaris and Gatsby, and nice race Karen!

I got out early this morning for a foggy 9.2 miles. It was so foggy that I was as wet as if I had run in a light rain. I was glad my two RBs had worn reflective vests, since I forgot mine and it was pitch black when we started out.

Waves to everyone else-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ajdx5

Hi Girls - just poking my head in after an extended absence :blush:

I'm tapering now for Thunder Rd in 2 weeks - hoping to make it in & not totally die. This training cycle has been tough.  Did 13.1 this am & wondering how I'm going to double that & feel good... I guess we shall see.

Damaris - NYCM?  I have a couple of friends doing that one - that's on my bucket list!

Karen - good lord you're fast!  With a pee break,it'd still take me forever and a day.

Ginny-  I have struggled with sluginess this entire training cycle

Marjorie - - we really have to meet up again!!

camille2

Just popping in to say good luck to Demaris and Gatsby.  Have a great race!

Congrats, Karen!

Bikerchick1

Good luck to Gatsby/Damarias/Karen!!!

Lisa - Saw your pics on FB...cuties!  Have safe travels home.

Ginny - I am thinking of using a trainer....sounds like you feel like it is worth it!

Karen - Seriously girl, you are quite the energizer bunny!!!

Cindy - You didn't mention shins in your post...so hoping that means they aren't bothering you!

Amy - Nice to see you popping in!  Good luck on race.

Ran on Friday - was awesome!  Today is our first little group run since all of our races, so that will be fun!.  There are 5 of us that usually run together. Yesterday was marathon wedding details....yikes...getting close.   Since DD has chosen to have the ceremony outside in the gazebo by the river I have started the weather obsession.  Accuweather has a 15 day forecast.....  We have backup plan for tent/heaters.

Turning back time when in a sleepy town in shared motel room with 2 daughters not quite as good.  Thank goodness I took a Tylenol PM so that I could sleep better and later. No lobby so trying best to keep things quiet then dh flips all the lights on. sheesh.

Good luck to our NYC runners!! That is on my bucket list for sure!

Carol-I would love to use a personal trainer too when done with PT's. Although I really think that if I'm just shown the equipment and given a routine I'll have no problem. As it is I just come in now and do everything without prompting.

Karen-wtg on that "slow" 3:53...remember when that was a dream PR? enjoy the chocolate while it's still hot.

AmyD-good to hear from you! Good luck at Thunder Road!

Carol-good to have back up plans.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Travel for work today. Bah. But whatever. I dont like Sunday travel days. At least it is drive and not flight but we have a team mandatory fun tonight. Not my idea of fun.

Amy my deal yes we do!  Sorry you didn't make it this way over the summer

Lisa that would be my dh. He is not quiet and also likes to turn in lights.  One cannot explain to dogs the time change. Hammy was up at 5 and thinking I should be up with him because I'm usually gone by then to run. I'm babying the hip so I am afraid to even run right now,  if it would hurt again I would cry.  I play ran last night with the pups in the house and it was fine. I'm just scared to go outside and do it.

Karen glad lad the bus is good. Funny that 353 is not that fast anymore. Congrats.

Good luck D and Gatsby

Carol the good thing with trainers is they will make you do the things you don't like to do. A good one will also make sure your technique is good. My Pilates instructor is like that. She is also a personal trainer but I only see her for Pilates.

Marjorie

Whew, what a day.  DH and I both did NYC marathon today.  4:26 for me, 4:49 for him.  I just love that race, so much energy and support and it's so well organized.  Weather was great for the most part, with temps in 50s and lowers but there was a cold wind that was less than helpful.  For anyone considering it, be aware that it's kind of an ordeal to get to the start  -- we left our rental apt in the Upper West Side (a few blocks from the finish at Central Park) at 5:00 for 10:00 start, taking the subway to the ferry, then the shuttle bus to the starters' village, and then killing time there for almost 2 hours (outside, in the super chilly breeze), with long lines everywhere (but they moved quickly).  But while running it, it's such an amazing experience.  Not a PR for me, but very happy with my time.  One of the things I loved was If you elected not to have a drop bag (the "no baggage" option), you got to exit more quickly plus they gave you a warm, bright orange poncho to wear!  I'll put up some pics on FB tomorrow.

Damaris, hope you had a good day out there today.

Karen, busy racing weekend for you, awesome.

Hi to everyone else.  Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

Gatsbybird - Congratulations to  you and DH!!!  5 hours is a long time to have to be traveling and waiting around....but sounds like it is worth it!

Marjorie - Hope you are where you are traveling to.  Is it 2 weeks to your Thunder Road?

Had an awesome run this am with our little group....we ran 6 - seemed like such a treat to just do 6!  We had lots of laughs, and just put a smile on my face the rest of the day Big grin

carol