Womens Running

Winter eff off Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

mer- R has been making up tall tales too- he told me that Chase pooped his underwear. I clarified to see if he meant Chance, and he said no. Um yeah, Chase is 24, pretty sure he didn't poop himself.

zorbs- R sometimes quotes movies randomly

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

zorbs- happy birthday to B! are you guys having a party for him this weekend? Glad the massage was great- bummer that the hrs aren't the best for you though. LOL on the faceplant in the mud- R did that the other day too, and got up laughing.

Ernie- how'd the tempo run feel yesterday? Sounds like S wore herself out yesterday at the festival. I'm assuming hoki is some type of fish? Is it a white fish, similar to haddock? I will occasionally eat mahi-mahi, cod, scallops,or haddock; overall I'm not a huge fish person. It poured here all morning, switched to snow around noontime, ugh.

Mer- enjoy your spin class tonight. Glad you got out for a run yesterday. Yay for a double- what brand did you get? I'll be looking for one in a couple of months. Ouch on the nursing! R fell out of his chair at lunch time today, too- sit still squirmy boys. What- no muffin for breakfast?! I think R was just too excited for the nice weather to nap yesterday. He passed out in less than 5 minutes when I put him down today. I'm hoping he keeps napping at least until the end of this year- the baby will be ~6months old by then, and hopefully she's as good of a sleeper as R is! I could spend all day at the park. R plays really well there, and he loves to walk around and explore. He finds pinecones, sticks, etc.

CA- enjoy the progression run tonight! Oh, the shower/changeroom would have been awesome for you! Any chance you can bribe the other tenants to have them let you use it? A fancy bottle of wine, or coffee every Friday? Glad that M is able to get outside during the day. One of the preschools we are considering for R takes the kids out daily to the park. Occasionally we'll see them all playing there.

spike-yay for calmer winds! enjoy your workout tonight- nice that you don't have to worry about picking R up. that's hilarious that he's obsessed with celery. Ha, I'm always going to bed "early" when we have people visiting, or when we are staying over at someone's house. And it's not even really that early- I force myself to stay up til 10pm, but I'm usually not a productive contributor to the conversation from about 9:30 on.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - awesome that the wind calmed for you.  M loves her vegis, and last night was a rabbit so had to eat carrots for supper.

RG - ugh on the sleet!  Wow that's a lot of park time.  M gave up her nap just around 3 yrs I think.  Or at least it started to negatively impact her bedtime too much to be worthwhile.  Yes, I've been trying to think of some way to gain access to the gym & showers!  That would be amazing.

mer - she goes 3 x's per week, but has only been once so far on Monday.  She was exhausted that night, but she also had swimming lessons.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

RR- track last night, lol, my group always goes too fast! was supposed to be threshold miles and we did more like interval pace. I run with a club, and in winter we have access to a indoor track. the coach posts workouts for the club, nothing individuallzed or anything.

ER- did spin class and lifted this a.m. may do couple miles on treadmill later

BR- gave him some mashed potatoes at BBQ place last night, tolerated a few bites, then stated making faces with more bites, then squawked.  he liked the BBQ sauce. tried disguising mashed potatoes with bbq sauce, no dice. went to bed at 11 and woke up at 5. maybe progress?

FR- steak tips last night were awsome, not inspired today, may go with frozen pizza

Rg -No I am not going for a PR at Boston, hoping to be within 10 minutes of a PR, we'll see =)  DH is running Boston too, he is shooting for 3hrs or sub 3.

Zorbs- nice find with that $25 hope it has helped, and happy hirthday to B!

Mer- have a good spin! I recently rediscovered spin, I forgot what great cross training it is...although the teacher can sometimes really make or break the class. ouch on the boob biting.

Emie- the Maple Syrup festival totally sounds like it was a blast! Hope the weather cooperates for you. Tobagganing sounds like fun if the pool doesn't work out. nice to have back-up plans.

CA- have a good progression run! bummer about the showers belonging to other tennants.

Spike- those are some insane shorts!!!! hahaha, but I know a number of people who would wear them.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

Erniegirl

mer - Yay for a double stroller! Annoying about the expensive invite shipping - it's always the same deal with the place I order cards from. The product itself seems like such an amazing deal, but they screw you with shipping. I think S would have happily transition to napping in bed once we got home, but it was getting close to 4 pm by then, so I decided nap time was over.

CA - I was thinking the same thing as rg - you need to make friends with those other tenants or bribe your way into the gym! It's hard to imagine all this snow is ever going to melt...

spike - Ha, S loved playing with my shoes too. She loves walking around wearing them, and throwing them down the stairs. Before I had S, I would have said no way is six hours straight of sleep a full night, but now I say it totally is! (sadly)

rg - Yuck on your rain/sleet/snow combo. The roads are going to be a mess. Things are really slippery here, just from the melting yesterday following by the storm today. Good thing nap strike was yesterday and not today, eh? I think I still haven't fully regained my leg speed since my half, so after the first km at tempo pace, I knew there was no way it was going to happen for another 10k, so I switched to MP. Then it felt like a really good run.

zorbs/rg - Yup, hoki is a white fish probably similar to haddock, although I can't say for sure yet. I'm not sure I've had it before, either, I just saw sustainably sourced wild hoki fillets at the store and thought I'd try them.

e-rain - Ha ha, all kids seem to love dipping so no surprise that the BBQ sauce was a hit. Sounds like the sleep situation is improving a bit!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15