Womens Running

Thankful For Spring (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Unlikely D.

But Lisa may have some interest in the other world,  being her interview there today Smile

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Unlikely D.

But Lisa may have some interest in the other world,  being her interview there today Smile

Nice!

I am so lost...Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Hey Ladies, I have been so lax in posting lately

Managed 3 on the TM this morning and 3 tonight on the road, there's a misty mix out there, but temps are nice - 37 degrees or so, first time I wasn't completely freezing on my run!  Only other run this week was 3.6 Monday evening.

On the job front, the nurse I worked with (we work in teams of social worker and nurse) retired on Friday...the new gal started Monday and I'm optimistic about it.  I liked the other gal but she was burned out and resistant to change.  This girl is about my age and lives here in town (though, strangely, I didn't know her, which is weird in this smallish town).  She's job shadowing right now but I'm 'really' hoping this is a good match and we can be a good team.  She seems down to earth and even tempered, unlike my last partner.

Judy - hope you feel better!

Carol - I hate having to work off hours, but I tend to have to finish up stuff once or twice a week at home.   Hope you had a good run tonight

Karen - what kind of phone did you get?  I finally got a 'smart' phone in December (I phone), I love that stupid thing lol!  I have to say that this is the first time in nearly 10 years of running that I'm really struggling to find my mojo.  I am starting to feel better and more motivated to get out the door and I think that will improve as the mornings get lighter and the roads get better.  My morning RB and I are planning on starting up again in April, we usually run 1-2 times early morning.  I really don't even feel like racing much *sigh*

**edit** I saw your phone response - I know what you mean about big phones, my friend got a Samsung Galaxy and that thing is huge and my DDs friend has the Nokia Lumina?  that one looks like a tablet, yikes

Sugarland - I hate taxes.  This year, I got a federal refund but have to pay $23 in state. Stupid.  LOL

Hi Sue and Damaris!!

Lisa - I've missed several days, but good luck to whatever's going on (job search?)

Marjorie - did you finish all of your painting?

Tessa - sounds like you are doing well  (((thinking of you)))

Only moving forum back if my next call on Tuesday goes well. Just so incredibly funny. I'm being vague and sooty to do those who aren't quite picking up on it.

I'm so self-centered though.

Judy-I hope you feel better.

Carol-HATE it when thinga time out and don't save. I lost an interview once, stressing once, that was. Argh.

Karen-you so got this. 20 miler be daMned.

Vicki-hope the treadmill took the frustrations well.

marjorie-don't know the system you refer to but feel the pain all the same.

Sue- well there goes that training program. Really. Only 2 miles and not 3?? Shame on you. LOL

damaris- no plans to migrate. however I may become a RWOL aficionado and actually have influence on them. Or be the recipient of all dislikes.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa, system?

laura no. I have to paint the big 2story room. Probably will do a lot if it this weekend. Got my new toys, I mean paint brush widget thingys. So I dan do what I need to around the windows.    

Dad ad and wife are coming for Easter. Lovely.  

Marjorie