Womens Running

Two Hundred Forty Seven Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. We are to receive 247 big boxes at work today. I think.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I did 50 minutes running on the track, some with coach. We also did some fast walking before I left. When I got home I did 25 minutes of a cardio dvd.

Today should be a light, easy run on the track.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning

travel to pan handle Florida today. Doubt I will run. Poor Quincy. He hates when I leave. I packed when he was outside yesterday so I didn't stress him as much. But when he saw the suitcase he was extra cuddly. He really hates when I leave. Guess dogs just never know when you will come back!

Marjorie

LC Runs

Good Morning

4 TM miles...Fusion last night.   Muscles are definitely feeling two days worth of weights!

Judy - wow, that is a big shipment!  Have a good track workout

Marjorie - safe travels!  Poor pup.

Camille - yes, the soup was quite good (and easy).  Here's the recipe:

32  oz bag frozen hash browns

1 can cream of chicken soup;

48 oz chicken broth

1 cut up onion (or less depending on preference, I used a small onion)

1 and 1/2 teasp black pepper

1 package full fat cream cheese*

Put all but the cream cheese in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.   Add the cream cheese about an hour before serving.

*note, the recipe said lower fat cream cheese would not melt but I had some issues with the full fat melting as well.  I don't know if adding it for a longer cooking time would help, or if using sour cream or even shredded cheese would work better.  It tasted fine, but the cream cheese was still kind of 'chunky' in the bowl.

ginnyb

ran 3 miles again this morning, but my pace is pitiful!  Guess I will worry about that later, just good that I am running (if you can call it that) again!  I ran outside, but it was a little slippy, it looked clear but there were some icy spots that I didn't know were icy until my feet started slipping, but it was ok.  Did my WT DVD yesterday morning.

Marjorie...poor pups.  Have a good trip.

Judy...247 big boxes filled with?????

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Quiet here today.

Laura, thanks for that recipe!  I may try it with a sub of lowfat sour cream/and a bit of grated cheese.

Ginny, at least you're running!  Good for you.

Judy, sounds like you'll have some busy work days this week!

Sue, that quilty event sounded like fun!

Karen and Demaris, congrats on the race.  Great pics for both of you!

I tried the elliptical and it is clearly is a tougher work out than the bike. I only did it for a few minutes before switching to the bike. It was really working my quads (seemed all quad work) and I'll need to build up.  I did 45" today total and am to stick with 45" this week.    I have PT again tomorrow and he's going to dry needle it.  He tried it last week and was pleased that the muscle on outside of hip wasn't as tight. Slow progress.   No surprise, he agreed with Marjorie about varying days with elliptical (or walking) and the bike.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run for me today, but I tried a new class at the Y called Body Attack. Holey moley! It was quite a workout. It combines high-energy aerobic intervals with strength and core work like squats, lungs, burpees, pushups and planks. And then I followed it up with core class. I'm going to be very sore in the morning, I can already feel it in my rib cage and arms from the pushups.

Karen and Damaris - sounds like you had a great time at Disney!

Laura - I recently made a soup similar to that. It was easy, and popular with the kids, so it's a keeper!

Lisa - so glad to see you able to run again.

Marjorie - how exciting on the new car. I would love a new one - mine is almost 10 years old - but we replaced DH's car 15 months ago and we need to space it out a bit.

Judy - what are some of the cardio dvds you use? I'm always looking for different options.

Ginny - fingers crossed that your back continues to cooperate, and good for you for getting out there again.

Camille - I have kind of gotten to like the elliptical as an alternative to running. I start out at a low resistance, then bump it up every five minutes, then back down. It helps break up the monotony.

So we told the boys this evening that we're taking them to Disney World for spring break. They're SO excited - we've never been, and according to them, they're the ONLY people they know who've never been! It ain't cheap, but we figure if we're going to go we should do it before DS1 gets too much older. And they have some spring break specials going, both on accommodations and park tickets. So we're taking the plunge.

Off to bed - work is crazy, and I need to hit the ground running, both literally and figuratively, tomorrow.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Linda

I am supposed to get up tomorrow and run at 4:00AM.  I'm so tired right now, but I am going to try.  I'll let you know if I get it done.

Goodnight.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Arimathea

Tessa

Linda, 4 AM buddies! I'll go if you will.

Cindy, definitely take the boys. We took DD and DS when DD was 9 and DS was 7, I had a conference there and we couldn't afford it but we bit the bullet and did it anyway. They were thrilled -- it was the first time they'd been on a plane -- and they are still talking about it 12 years later. I am very glad we took them. They loved DW. Especiallly Epcot.

bear in mind that Disney considers one an adult once one has passed one's 10th birthday, so yours are becoming "adults" fast.

Marjorie, pets know more than we think! Sorry yours know when you are leaving.

Judy, 247 boxes of what, exactly?

Ginny, you are running, that's the important thing. Pace is secondary.

Laura, thanks for the soup recipe.

Camille, elliptical is IMHO much tougher than the bike. Good luck.

I did 7 this morning before working from home, then 2.5 this afternoon. Trying for 4 tomorrow morning.

Conclusion this evening: I do not like Chardonnay very much. And I have had too much of it since I spelled Chardonnay with three "n"s at first.