Womens Running

Weekend Labor Day over 40 (Read 17 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ouch Tessa. My first fall ever I cut the bridge of my nose badly skinned my shoulder and knee

rest day today. Hope everyone has a good holiday

Marjorie

Ouch Tessa!!  Sorry about the fall.  Good that your nose is not broken.

Ginny--cool about GD

Camille--those races sound cool

BF left Saturday for a two week work cruise.  Seas were a little rough, but I read the fishing report from last night so they are doing ok.

Yesterday was the inaugural One Coast Tri.  Olympic distance: .9 mile swim/25 mile ride/6.2 mile run.  I had my doubts--race director did not seem to have a good handle on things, but it turned out well, except for the brutal heat.  Swim was along front beach--I think it was the best ocean swim I have done.  Calm.  Loved the ride.  Rode out in the country to a small community on a beach road and back.  Run was brutal--the heat index was around 100F and I just crashed.  Had to walk/run most of it.  Awful.  So happy to finish.  I sat in the splash pad at the park after the race which really helped cool me down.  Won female grandmaster.  I think there were only 4 over 50 but I don't care.  After the race they had a raffle for several prizes, but most people had left.  The race director kept calling numbers and finally asked who in the crowd had their tickets.  About 10 of us raised our hands, so he told us to just come up and get some sunglasses.  Tifosi--I think they are over $100 a pair--SCORE!!!  I really needed a good pair of sunglasses.

Tried to swim this morning.  Swam 20 laps and bagged it.  Still wiped out.

Big sewing plans for today--woohoo!!!

Have a great day y'all!

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I got out for a very sticky 4.2 miles this morning. I felt pretty wiped - I think I'm really going to need to make an effort to get to bed earlier. With DS1 in middle school, I'm having to get up earlier than I usually do. Our middle schools start ridiculously early and DS1 has to be on the bus at 6:45.

Tessa - ouch on the fall. I've caught myself with my face before, but no black eyes. I'm glad you didn't break your nose.

Camille - I hope your hike works out.

Karen - sounds like the smart move.

Ginny - I wasn't feeling it today either. Glad to have it behind me.

Crazysue - congrats on the grand masters win, and nice score on the sunglasses! Probably a good idea to take it easy today - that kind of heat can really take it out of you.

Waves to everyone else. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

Well i did get out and did 9 miles, very sticky miles.  I did it in2:02, I did not feel i was doing that well, so that is good.  I still poop out after 8 no matter how slow I start.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tessa, I am so sorry about the fall! You are such a tough lady. Please try and take gentle care of yourself. Is everything else ok? Uneven pavement is the curse of runners.

Many hugs.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Back from a 14.5 mile trail run with a running buddy. Lovely sunny day, views of the ocean, good company.  Can't complain!  So, I decided to do the 50k on Sept. 20.  Just for fun, no time goals.  It will be very hilly and challenging but the scenery is spectacular.  Nothing too exciting on tap for the rest of the day, unless yard work and laundry can be considered exciting.

Tessa, sorry you took a tumble but glad there were no broken bones.  Take care out there.

Marjorie, enjoy the day off from running.

Camille, sounds like some interesting races!

CrazySue, ugh on the heat but well done on completing the tri and winning 1st place Grandmaster!  I've got a pair of Tifosi sunglasses and I love them.  Got them on sale at REI earlier this year.  Well worth it, use them all the time.

Cindy and Ginny -- kudos to you for getting out there in the humidity!  I could not do that.

Hi Judy!

Waves to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Gatsby-woohoo on your upcoming 50k!  Your reasons for doing it are the best around: spectacular scenery.

Ginny-you go!  more like "you went!"  Looking forward to our adventure next weekend!  I do hope that we make it out there for the 100 milers starting at 4pm on Friday.  Will be really neat then when we see them on Saturday during the half.  Pretty cool about your granddaughter!

Cindy-humidity is the worst.

Sue-congratulations!!

Tessa-wow!  2 black eyes?  when you fall you do it big time.

Camille-Bull City? what is that?.

Marjorie-lots of miles for you!

Karen-stupid foot.  smart brain.

Did get out to a state park about 30 minutes from where we were staying over the weekend.  Hartwick Pines...and Lisa loves pines... The old growth part was a paved path but the rest was 2 track goodness.

Not redwoods but still pretty big compared to my raccoon-like foot.

And since it was Sunday... I went to went to church.  When I came to this section the breath actually caught in my throat.

Colorful mushrooms.  I did not pick any though.

This part was referred to "stump field" - also pretty to run among stands of birch trees.  Was misting/sprinkling the whole time.  but everything so green and pretty.  Sigh...

I. Love. Trails.

Lisa

Oooh, Lisa that's gorgeous!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR