Womens Running

Finally Friday (over 40) (Read 16 times)

Bikerchick1

Lisa - That sounds like a win-win situation for you and DH!

Went to a sculpt class last night.....OUCH.....not sure my arms are going to work today.  We worked our abs so much I thought I was going to throw up...  It was a great work out, and "enjoyable" class.

Off to the trail tonight with RB's for a run.....we are trying to get "trained up" for our trail half!

Quick post off to work, will be check back later.

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Off work today and hoping to get packing done for the trip. If I feel decent, I will try to do some exercise. The chest cough lingers.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Went to the Dr's this morning.  After examination my Doctor is 99% sure that it isn't a stress fracture.  Actually today, it felt 90% better, so I almost didn't even keep the appointment..  He said to go ahead and run on it, but if the pain persists or comes back worse after a week to 10 days to have it xrayed.  He already gave me the x-ray order for the hospital if I think I need it.  I love my Doctor!  He is always cautious, but doesn't jump the gun.  So....I am feeling much more optimistic today.   Going to try a run tomorrow!  Oh yeah, bad part of appointment, I put on 6 pounds since last June!  Crap, I knew I had gained weight, why can't you lose weight that easily????

Morning everyone!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

I'm sitting at home doing laundry, drinking coffee, dog on my feet, playing on the internet. So far it's an enjoyable comp day (to make up for working all last weekend). I think I got 10 hours of sleep last night as well, which has done wonders for my stress level, my various old lady aches and pains, and my general crankiness of the last few days. Coworker and I decided yesterday that we were both getting extremely irritable and it would be best for all involved it we both took our comp day today! I will ride my bike for an hour in a little bit and then run 4 easy miles with strides after that. Then a trip to Sam's Club - we're out of cereal, granola bars, clif bars, spaghetti sauce, crackers, pretty much every item I buy in bulk. And as I'm reminded by the dog on my feet every time I open the pantry doors, we're out of Milk Bones!

Lisa, that's kind of exciting.

Carol, you seem to be getting a lot out of the classes - good for you for sticking with it. I promised my sister in January I would do more XT (she was commenting on the difference between my stick arms and my muscular lets). I haven't done a thing and I'm going back for a half marathon in May. I should get on that!

Judy, sounds like vacation is just what you need. Enjoy it and feel better every day.

Ginny, great news! Well, great news on the shin, sucky on the weight gain. I got on the scale after my four days in Florida and I had put on 5 pounds! I'm hoping that was mostly travel and water retention more than the large amounts of food I ate. Because I still had 4 pounds to lose from my peak of "up 7 pounds" of January.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

TGIF!!  Made it to the pool this morning.  Water was so cloudy I could barely see the lane lines.  Hopefully they get it sorted out.

Took cat to the vet.  I stuffed him into the carrier this morning.  He was mad.

May leave early this afternoon for chiro appt.  Need to call and see if he can work me in.  I really just don't feel like being here.  Need to cut the grass before it rains this afternoon too.

Ginny--glad it is not a stress fracture.

Lisa--I missed something--did you accept the job?

Carol--hurts so good?  Wink

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  The vet visit with the first two went well.  Two more getting checked next Thursday.  I have 6 miles tonight.  Massage therapist taped my heel which I've been having issues with and it feels wonderful now.

Lisa, that sounds like a great move for you guys!  Good luck!

Carol, it must be working if it's that painful, right?

Judy, enjoy your work day and hope the packing is uneventful.

Ginny, ouch at the SFx.  So, he is basically telling you to wait 10 days to make sure it is?  Good luck!

Karen, enjoy your day off.

Sue, my cat almost ate the vet yesterday he was so angry.  Nice pool workout.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. Had to wear a shirt over my sports bra because I have a bit of sunburn. Sigh. Made it that much more sweaty, for sure.

Lisa that is good dh has a job opportunity too.

Carol  isn't it funny how sore we can be after even simple exercises sometimes

Hope you continue to get better Judy

Ginny that is good news

Karen poor Jake. If our two found us out of treats they'd not be pleased. They get a very small treat each time they come in from outside and as a bribe when we leave.  When they come in the walk into the kitchen and sit waiting for us to get one of their training treats out of the canister. Kinda cute.

Sue ure sounds like a pump issue. Hope they get it worked out too!

D good news on the kitties

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Painting is essentially done. I have some cut in at the ceiling along the stairs and the hall. That will take maybe 10 min but I cannot do it now because daylight is gone. I need daylight since the oainting color is so similar I don't want to miss spots. I have enough paint to do the coat closet too. That wont take very long to do. So, no more painting after tomorrow.

Marjorie