Womens Running

Snowy Tuesday Supermoms (Read 20 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs- I need to buy furniture for our great room (we want leather-probably a sectional + chair, or a couple sofas and a chair, occasional tables, lamps), king sized bed + mattress, night stands, and maybe dressers for DH and I. I'd like to buy R some new stuff, but I think we will wait until the summer and maybe do it for his 3rd birthday and see if we decide if we're having another kid or not. We have $12k saved for this stuff, but I'm hoping to spend $8k or less because I want to save some of that money for the yard so we don't have to dip into our mutual funds. Our existing furniture isn't very nice, because its either handmedowns or cheap stuff we bought.

MTA- I also need 4 barstools for the kitchen island.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

CA - Spinning does not sound like a rest day to me, but I guess it is a lot easier for you since you did so much cycling in the summer. Fake coughing is so funny! S used to do it all the time last year. Yes! That is exactly the type of mittens I need to find. Funny, I can't seem to find mimittens online, but I found Mitt-Ons, which appear to be the same idea.

Becky - Hope you have a great, stress-reducing run tonight!

zorbs - I'd never done kale asian-style before either, but then I thought "hmm, it's like spinach, so why not?" And I actually thought it was far tastier than asian style spinach (or maybe I was just really hungry after swimming)

spike - Yuck on the rainy wind. Hope that's done by the time you run! Splurging on furniture is definitely worth it, but I'm so afraid to buy nice stuff right now because I'm certain S will ruin it. Yet, I can see that when you're moving is ideal time to buy new stuff. Ditto on Zorbs's response to your QOTD.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Zorbs:  LOL, tell G to watch it.  I mean business when it comes to potato chips!  I have to run out to get C a white t-shirt for school and I will pick up your flaming Cheetos tonight.  I have to resist the urge to open your angry orchard box though.  I'm sure runningprofessora must think I'm a lush since I ran into her DH when purchasing yours and then more booze for DH.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I'd buy what you have to, but I wouldn't go out and buy lifetime pieces if it's going to be in a room where R will be playing, what if he got all sharpie on something?  Also  yes, I'd buy your nieces and nephews small gifts, in my family, we've gone more to a very small item and if I want to do more $ then I give my SIL/brother money for activities, bc all of our kids have too much shit.

ernie - http://mimitens.myshopify.com/collections/all , lol just a rest day from running Smile

RG - thanks!  I ended up just doing core in addition to my spin today.  I'll try to ease back on the weights, I'm going to be going crazy by the end of this taper! I guess that's whey they call it taper madness.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

CA - Thanks for the link! I guess my Google search would have been more effective if I hadn't been spelling it wrong, lol.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Zorbs:  LOL, tell G to watch it.  I mean business when it comes to potato chips!  I have to run out to get C a white t-shirt for school and I will pick up your flaming Cheetos tonight.  I have to resist the urge to open your angry orchard box though.  I'm sure runningprofessora must think I'm a lush since I ran into her DH when purchasing yours and then more booze for DH.

geez, just tell her the truth, I'm sure she'll understand.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

ernie - I am trying to have a positive attitude towards this change in weather, but it is not going so well.  Glad S likes it though!  Thanks for the recipe!

becky - hope you can relax a bit tonight!!  We had no steps once and the mailman left the mail on the porch.  Is there anywhere else he can leave it?  Looking forward to Richmond too!!

CA - glad M has snapped out of the attitude - maybe she was tired??  Enjoy the break.  Your training has been amazing - you have put in some huge mile weeks and have been so consistent with the STing and rolling etc.  You are going to rock this race.  I have mimittens too, I think you recommended them to me last year.  I just wish the waterproof part was a little longer on them.

spike - If your family normally does a gift exchange with all of the kids I would do it, but I am a fan of small gifts.  How many nieces and nephews do you have?  How old are they?  DH's family is quite close, but he has 5 siblings (all married w. kids) and including our kids there will be 22 cousins at Christmas.  We don't stress over it. If I get around to it I will buy each family a gift.  One year it was a book of poetry by Shel Silverstein.  SILs have done small bird feeders, locally roasted coffee, homemade cookies etc.  On my side of the family, there are 10 cousins.  We do a kids gift exchange using Elfster.  (sorry for the big long book, but I know you are like me and don't like to go overboard at Christmas time)  As for telling the siblings - I probably would just let them know that you won't be coming and if they want details then you can get into it with them.  Furniture is depressing, but good furniture is worth the cost, I think.  I don't care much about bedroom furniture, but good sofas and chairs are worth the investment.  Yay for PTIng success!!

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- we tried to do a Elfster type gift exchange one year, and we found out that my stepmom and stepsiblings did a weird secret Christmas exchange without us after we went to bed and my sister and I were super annoyed. The gift thing is really out of hand at my Dad's. I have 3 nieces and 3 nephews, so not too many kids to shop for, and I try to keep it in the $15-20 range. I was raised my very non-materialistic mom though, so the Christmas excess thing really bugs me.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07