Womens Running

Wiley Weekend Women (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

camille2

Lisa, sounds like you are making progress!  That's exciting.

Karen, I'm glad the stress fractures are gone!  Quick healing, eh?  Enjoy the taper...I always do.  : )

Carol, the wedding planning sounds fun.  It sounds like you're the easy mom, too.   Funny how the MOB have the rep for causing stress, but it was MOG in dau's wedding, too.  She finally mellowed out the day of the wedding.  I think I missed the final decision on timing. Is the wedding this fall or next spring?  Hope you had a great 20.

Marjorie, when is you next race?  It seems you were doing one this fall.

DR, Chicago is coming fast.  Is it a goal race for you or just a fun one?

Laura, I'm so glad that you have less than a handful of days left there.  The Community Mental Health clinic in Fairbanks was always like that, too. Every 2-3  years...huge turnover and meltdown. Really hard to collaborate on clients in that setting and hard on clients. I hope you love the new job.

Gatsby, I hope Half Moon Bay was a success! Yeah...those reunions do come quickly.

Cindy and Amy, how nice that you got to see each other!

I did 70 min on the very hilly loop.  I saw a white squirrel...a first sighting for me. I thought it was an albino, but couldn't get a pic.  Some people on that street happened to come home while I was trying to get a pic and  know the squirrel well. They had phone pic of it playing on their deck, showed me that it's not an albino since it has brown eyes, and  have even named it.. "Princess."  They said it's about 5 years old.  That  sighting made it a good run!  : )

Bikerchick1

Karen - Congrats on your win!!!

Marjorie - Nice job on your mileage....you make it seem sooooo easy!

Camille - The wedding is a go for 11/16 Surprised but really things are going very well, and DD#2 stresses out easily, so this is the best way for her.....

20 done....woohoo, we drove 20 miles away and ran back on the rail-trail.  On the way up it was pouring, but only rained a few minutes when we started running, and then had great weather for the rest!  So.glad.it.is.done...

LC Runs

Happy Sunday Big grin

11 good miles this morning.  I ran 3 to the Park and met up with my friend, we ran 7 together, took a hilly, rural route, then I ran home (took the shorter route).  Just been enjoying a quiet afternoon - I soooo love having the house to myself!  Need to go grocery shopping at some point.

I just got off the phone with the gal that quit after two weeks at our agency, she is a hoot (she is from the area originally and we've met a few times as her brother is a client).  I can not wait to see the melt down tomorrow when this gets out...I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the moment when I see the dick director tell us she's gone....**insert evil laugh**

Camille - Yeah, I think these mental health agencies are so unstable since the administration is just trying to make money through Medicaid and the stress leads all of us employees to crack up - generally speaking, the clients are easier to deal with than these wacko management peeps.

Gatsby - my HS reunion was 28 years ago, how can that be?  I ran a meeting the other day and the client's birthdate was just a few weeks before I graduated ugh I feel old!

Hi Carol!

Cindy and Amy - awesome that you guys met up Smile

Marjorie - I start Tues Oct 8th.  I took a 4 day weekend between jobs, gonna race next Sunday and stay at my mom's house, then we're going to go shopping, etc before I head home Monday.   Your mileage is so inspiring!

Yeah Lisa - so glad you're feeling better and making progress!

Karen - whoo hoo, great job today!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen yes. Outer banks Nov 10th. I can't believe how fast you are!

Lisa sounds like a good  workout

Laura thanks. I don't think I'm that inspirational

Carol they aren't easy but I'm just stubborn and like to keep up the endurance.

Ive  spent all day doing deep cleaning for the dad wife visit. I keep the house really clean But today included the big huge ladder to get the ceiling fan and upper windows (our living room is open and 2 stories).  Since I hadn't done that in a while it was time. Just need to vacuum but dh is still sleeping (he had a long day and night at the fire department).

Marjorie

Good afternoon!  Taking a rest stop at home in-between helping at the marathon and heading up to my Dad's house for dinner.  I think the HMB marathon was a success, at least from what I saw at mile 21.  It was a beautiful and sunny day, a bit warmer than usual but far from hot.  Been on my feet all day though... tempo run tomorrow morning will likely be slower tempo than usual.  And usual tempo is not particularly fast to begin with, haha.

Lisa, rollie is my friend too.  Sometimes I forget that but not for long.  My IT bands always remind me.

Camille, a white squirrel is a little bizarre.  Wonder how that is genetically possible if it's not albino.

Carol, nice job getting the 20 done!

LC, sounds like your current employer has no one to blame but themselves for the bad environment.

Marjorie,  nice miles as usual.  Good luck with dad and wife's visit.

Karen, nice win at the 5K!  You are speedy!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

LCruns - Are you doing Sleeping Bear again?  Should be beautiful up in "God's country" next week-end.  Nice to have 4 day week-end before new job.   Am curious as to what a "dick director" is Evil

Marjorie - I am actually relieved that your LR's aren't easy, and that you are just stubborn Smile  I think being stubborn is definely a trait we all share LOL...  Outer Banks should be very nice!

Gatsbybird - Sounds like a busy day for you!

Carol