Womens Running

(Over 40) friendly Friday (Read 17 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning!

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Got to the airport at 4 am. Waiting on 530 am flight. 6th person through security. Wasn't too bad. Off to Tampa. Training new center acquisition tomorrow.

Doubt I will run this evening. Will see how it goes. I have enough running stuff packed if I feel like a short run.

Tessa oh I agree it shouldn't be that expensive from the hubs. Sill but sometimes it is. I know I've gotten flights connecting through less expensive than those starting there by several hundred. Last year I got a flight to PA in the $300s. My counterpart couldn't fly to the closer airport for our meeting. Her quote was over 500. She was starting in Charlotte I was connecting through and we would have been on the same flight.

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday was a good 35 minute run with breathing practice. This deep abdominal breathing thing is paying off.

Track run for me today and then a short cardio dvd at home. I’m starting 2 a days now.

This weekend I am going to thin out my seedlings. They are going to go out onto the balcony to live. Right now they are next to me as I type. Green beans, wax beans, zucchini and mint. It is slow going for the mint. Tiny little leaves appearing.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Fun day yesterday and good work day too. Dd met me at lunch and we went out with one of our Publishers (Tessa's vertical-Business Insurance) good practice for her. Then she hung out in office rest of afternoon.  Again good to be in office setting. Overlooking Millennium Park not sucking either. Then walked to Magnificent Mile for some shopping. Did opt for a cab for the 2 miles to Willis Tower. Freaky but took pics on the "Ledge". Then deep dish pizza and walk back to Grant Park with pics by Buckingham Fountain. Being tourists.

Ran 7.5 yesterday. May have walked that much too since office is 1 mile from hotel and I did it in morning and lunch then all the rest.

Karen-I am IN for marathon at DWD. I will work in Chicago office July 9-11 with double double and wouls probably have car unless you flew to midway and I met you there Friday. Welcome (as is Ginny) to hang out in Chicago before.  dd may be with me but that's workable. I'll call today for hotel.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Well crap. Flight prices went up about $150 overnight. Now I'm a maybe - need more flight investigation. Flight prices are weird. I'm flying from BWI to Columbus later in July for $180, my coworker is trying to fly from Dulles and he is seeing prices of $600..

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

TGIF!!  Had a good swim this morning at the pool.  Glad I beat the stormy weather.  Has been lightening and pouring buckets for the past hour.

Had a great ride yesterday afternoon.  I did about 16 miles, then bf joined me for another 5.  He's getting faster.  Yay!  He rode my old Trek hybrid, which is quite an upgrade from his Walmart trail bike!

After dinner we walked all four dogs.  The fox kits were sitting on the grass watching traffic go by.  So cute!

Tired of rain.

Have a great day!

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, send that rain out here. We need it. So cute on the fox kits!

Karen & Lisa, hope you two can make it work. Lisa, will DD want to go with you again, considering how bored she was last time?

Judy, how big a pot are you going to put your seedlings in?

Marjorie, that makes no sense that your coworker should have to pay more for a shorter portion of the same flight.

Ginny, stay warm!

4.25 on the partly lit loop this morning since there's a full moon. No cars passed me when I was on the lighted road with the big bike lane, but as soon as I got to the no shoulder portion with no street lights, here came the cars! I will go to the gym at lunch. Have the new Diana Gabaldon (8th in the Outlander series) and I think I should have reread #7 before starting 8. I wish I didn't have so much to do this weekend because I would love to spend the weekend in the papasan chair on the patio with this book and a cold drink...

Arimathea

Tessa

Ladies -- I already signed up for an event in Boise on August 16th for this year and it's short notice for some people anyway, however, would we have interest in meeting near Rapid City, SD, in August 2015 to do Leading Ladies?

http://www.leadingladiesmarathon.com/

Anonymous Guest

Marjorie, hate that with some airports. Cincinnati can be that way too, mainly I think because Southwest doesn't fly there. You can book a flight from here to somewhere else with a connection in Cincinnati, but if you were to book the flight from here just to Cincinnati it would be twice as much as flying there, changing planes and flying somewhere else.

Lisa, I'd love to come hang out in Chicago, but I have meetings scheduled for the rest of the week that I'm running, so I have to be here. Flights back from Chicago on Sunday seem to be the expensive part for me - so now looking again at Milwaukee (I could just meet you at Devil's Lake) and they are much more reasonable, although I'd have to leave god-awful early on Sunday to get a good price. I'm going wait a few more days and see if the flights to Madison come back down next week.

Susan, nice timing on the workout before the storm. It's pouring here now....was sunny an hour ago.

Tessa, I've heard really good things about Leading Ladies. A friend here ran it a couple years ago and I think it's her favorite, or at least one of her favorites. I really want to do Deadwood Mickelson for SD but I could always go back another year and do that one. Put me down for a "leaning towards yes".

No running for me tonight. Pilates right after work, then relaxing. Ten miler tomorfow and 10K on Sunday, so rest day today seems wise.

Karen-Pretty sure that you wouldn't want to fly out of Detroit Sunday evening but that could be an option since I'll be driving back Sun morning to Detroit.  I've booked hotel for 2 nights.  Could even look at driving part way back and getting cheaper hotel if a flight was earlier on Sunday.  it's a 7.5 - 8 hour drive from Baraboo. 4.5 from Chicago. Just throwing out option.  My friend Katie is running the 50k and her on/off ("it's complicated" boyfriend) is doing the same, I think.  he's a "fastie" and lives in Madison. Would be a good one for you to run with if you were going for a placing.  BTW... if you do all 4 DWD ultras (50k or 50m) you get a belt buckle, no matter when done, meaning doesn't have to be in same year. Just saying...  Yes. I do believe that mentally at least.  Lisa is back.

Tessa-Leading Ladies is the name?  What about us that fit more in the Trailing Trollops group?  <figured you would like that>

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Lisa, it looks like Sunday flights out of anywhere are stupid expensive. Hmm, what about a 5:55 am flight out of Detroit that Monday morning? Gets me into BWI at 7:30 and I would be in the office by 9 latest. I would hate to make you get up so early just to take me to the airport though - I could check into a Super Shuttle.

I'm thinking most likely just the marathon for me. I've got a 6-hour race here 2 weeks later and am also supposed to be marathon training and not doing a bunch of races, especially ultras. Who do you think I am, Tessa?

Karen-I get up at 4am usually. this just means that I'll work out after dropping you off.  (ha!  I'll be barely moving so my work out will consist of moving from one seated position to another).  That will work for me.  I have time to decide on weather we stay Fri and Sat night or if we go somewhere else on Sat.  Hopefully this time I don't get poison ivy and a sprained ankle and 10,000 scratches. DD is open to the trip as long as not forced to sit in a hot car for 12 hours.  Time in Chicago is trade off.  I just know how you like hardware.  the 50k starts an hour earlier and basically runs around the ski resort (which probably means up and down a ski hill or two but I don't know that for a fact).

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

If it's the same general course as it was in 2010 then I do know that for a fact. The extra 5 miles for the 50K are up and down two of the ski runs with a loopy trail at the top. 50K starts an hour earlier than the marathon, as I recall.

I also remember one marathon runner being mighty ticked off because she went the wrong way and did the 50K anyway.

The 50K gets a nice glass pint mug as a finisher's award, though. Half marathon got a shot glass. Not sure what fulls or 50 milers got. That's another reason why I want to do another DWD -- DH dropped and broke my mug. (He had a talent for using and breaking a lot of my things.)

Karen, I would like to do Mikkelson Trail as well. I have SD but I am not averse to repeating states.

I'll keep an eye on fares but unless they drop way down Devil's Lake isn't happening this year for me.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Big IT problems with one of the new tablets for tomorrow. Have to go to contingency plans for training.  Long day from 3 am getting up and not to the hotel until 8 30Pm. And one tablet still doesn't work our IT people apparently can't QA a machine before they send it. They didn't image it right. So it shouldn't have even been sent. Stupid people.

Tessa it is all in the way they mess with taxes gait fees and how they price each seat and we can never fully get airplane fees. and whatever.   Guess we will never understand their pricing. My trip this time around if I'd just gone to Memphis it was $800.  Nashville was $400. But adding Tampa and then to Memphis and home from nashville was less than $600. Just stupid.

Or why I can sometimes get rentals for nothing but the next time they are 3x the cost.

Karen if you do Charelston race it shouldn't be too bad with the direct flights into Chsrleston from BWI on Southwest and you can compare with Dulles and Regan. Usair is direct from them.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  It's been a heck of a couple of days.  Ran 8 miles after Pilates last night in 95F and 75 dewpoint (I should've hit the TM but it didn't feel that bad).  Woke up today, went to Broward for court, bought a bagel at Einstein and as I was backing out of the parking, this guy was backing out too (very fast) and hit my new car!  Damaged since it was an SUV that hit me, so my new car will have to go to the shop. And on top of that, they gave me the wrong bagel and schmear.  Sniff.

13 miles done.  I'll be back tomorrow with shoutouts.  I've been MIA due to work. Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page