Womens Running

(Over 40) Octobery Weekend (Read 20 times)

camille2

Marjorie, thanks so much for the info. We'll plan on the carriage ride-I have never done one.  We wanted to see Ft Sumpter, but... DD told me yesterday her hubby will also be coming but didn't say when he/they would need to leave. I like him a lot, but have to admit that I was looking forward to time with DD. I'll let you know if I'll have free time once they tell me more about when they'll be leaving. It's a pretty quick trip but I may have to come back at some point.

Lisa, I love the quilt pic. Wow!  Thanks for posting it!  She can buy a fair amt of fabric with that award.  : )

Carol, sounds like a nice run. I'm not running with my Garmin now either since right now I don't really want to know my speed...or lack of.  : ) I'm finding it a nice change.

Gatsby, I'm a snow bird and spend winters in N GA because I have family here. BTW, a friend who used to live in Fairbanks posted some pics of hiking in Half Moon Bay. Pretty place!

Ginny, enjoy the game!

Karen, did you enjoy volunteering for Ragnar?  The last couple days it's been really warm and humid here, too, but rain and cooler temps are predicted.

I did 65 minutes but with lots of walking. I enjoyed being out, but just didn't have it today. I had lunch and dinner with friends yesterday so have to get some projects done today.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

20.2 miles. Not too bad. My stomach was terrible at 2 am. I wish I knew why it does that sometimes. At least it was fine in the run. Had to be since there wasn't anything in my digestive system......

karen ne sorry about the car

Lisa seems PT is getting you back to running smartly

Sue hope the storm is a non event

Ginny so sorry the 7 wasn't good.

Gatsby, yes, it was better than being terrible. We thought they'd be here until Mon but they left yesterday. 2 days was enough.

Carol ol nothing wrong with doing an old school run.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Hey all,

I woke up feeling kinda crappy this morning (a headache but not a migraine at least), so I hung out with DH and drank a couple cups of coffee before my 13 miler. Finally went out about 10:30 for two hours of heat and humidity. Felt like summer. Came back in and checked the weather for Albany next Sunday and it looks fabulous - marathon temps should be in the 40s and 50s. And the chance of rain is now gone. Hope this forecast sticks.

Lisa, you sound so busy. The PT sounds like they are really on top of things - that's great. I start the new job on October 15.

Damaris, saw on facebook that you had a good run! Glad to hear it and hope that means you're feeling better.

Carol, I think an old school run is good for all of us once in a while. Although I have trouble running without my garmin - if I don't have a data file, did I really run???

Ginny, you got out there for 7. Good for you. For some reason this hot weather seems harder to deal with in October than it does in July. It's not supposed to be here! But then again, I guess it wasn't there for a lot of July...

Camille, I'm sure you guys will have fun.

Marjorie, wow - 20 miles after being awake in the middle of the night with stomach issues. My hat is off to you. I'd have probably slept until noon if I were in your shoes.

Susan, sounds like maybe Tropical Storm Me wasn't so bad? Although I didn't really like logging onto the weather website and seeing "Remnants of Karen"....at least it sounds like it fizzled quickly.

Gatsby, volunteering at Ragnar was kinda boring, kinda fun, but I'm not really that altruistic. I filled a spot for Girls on the Run, and I would have done it just because, but it turns out they are thanking their volunteers by sending us all Garmins next week. Not a bad deal for a morning of stopping vans full of sleepy people from running over the runners. Plus, another girl from my Ragnar team from last year happened to be volunteering as well, so it was fun to catch up with her and relive stories from last year's relay.

DH has a cyst that got infected and gets aggravated by his bicycle seat, so he is on antibiotics and has to take a week off of riding. I am on my last week of taper for Mohawk Hudson next weekend so will be running very little this week. Either we will kill each other from lack of endorphins and general crabbiness, or all the little chores that haven't been done around the house for months and years will get done this week. While I was getting my run in, DH was changing the oil in my car, so we're starting off right!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Sunday everyone.  Got some very sad news last night -- my running coach's oldest son died unexpectedly on Friday.  He had some medical issues but nothing that wasn't being treated, as I understand it.   So sad for my coach.  Dedicated my 14 miles to his family today.   Sort of tapering this week since I'm pacing a friend for 25 miles of his 50 milers next weekend. Ran on a new (to me) trail this morning and ended up here.  A good spot to contemplate life for a few moments.

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1382090_532445383490429_238102711_n.jpg

Some quick hellos....

Carol -- happy tapering.

GinnyB, not to encourage rule-breaking, but if Lisa has a Detroit bid that isn't being used, well, let's just say it would be a shame to waste a perfectly good bib.

Lisa, if I were closer, I'd take your bib in a second.  You'll be doing it next year, I know it.

Camille, my sister lives in Atlanta, which must be south of where you are.  Yes, HMB is great for hiking, running, cycling.... it's rarely too hot or too cold to get out and about.

Marjorie, sorry the stomach is bugging you again but glad it didn't hurt your run today.  Nice miles!

Karen, sounds like a great forecast for your marathon next weekend.  Hopefully you and your DH survive the week.  A Garmin for volunteering is awesome!

Waves to everyone else.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

As usual I will be slo at the start of the Detroit Free Press Marathon... this year S.L.O. stands for "Starting Line Official" as opposed past years when a "w" was included. Sad that I won't wear my bib with the name on the front that I listed back in Dec when I registered: "Molasses"   Ironic? Fate? You decide. I guess the one thing slower than Molasses is the person who never leaves the starting area... and that would be me. Seemed like a fitting volunteer spot and one that would keep me honest about not trying to walk the stupid race. I guess the SLO people are those who release the waves??  will find out.

Gym this morning with 20 minutes warm up on bike, 30 hard on the arc rider (getting heart rate up to upper 150's and low 160's), then moderate to hard on elliptical for another 30 (HR 135-145), then 20 minutes easy on bike to cool down. Stretched and rolled too.

Camille-good to be okay with walk or run.

Marjorie-nice run and glad tummy cooperated. my biggest problem with mine is getting it to stop asking for more food.

Karen-you have no idea. It's all good but it is busy.

Ginny-if you want to come and volunteer with me come on up... they are still looking for more SLO people to be at the start. 5:30-8:30am. Should be no problem finding a parking spot. We could check out the expo, Astoria and enjoy starting line excitement without all that sweating and body parts hurting. LOL

Gatsby-wow!

Lisa