Womens Running

Eleven Eleven Monday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday and Saturday were days off exercise since I was going nonstop to meetings and other activities.

Sunday Buddy and I had a great 50 minute walk/run out the trail. Cold and windy here.

Today will be a track run and cardio. Things should be back to normal. I hope. Tight lips  Oh, but I need to get the car fixed this week. Um. I see amended workouts in my future. Big grin

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning! Quick post. I'll write more in a couple days.

Lisa, I was so happy to read about your return!  Awesome! The race is run thru the battlefield but we prefer to say we're running on "hallowed ground" to running in a "cemetery."  : )   I like the course a lot.

Karen, great time on the 10K. Imagine your time if you'd been rested. That 59 yr old freakily fast lady will be in 60 group next year. She didn't even wait for awards so we didn't figure out who she was.

Marjorie, I'd wondered how the race went. Sorry about the DNF, but am glad it was at least a beautiful race.

Waves to everyone else.  I'm taking Jane to airport after some touring of Atlanta, then to Mother's for night.

LC Runs

Good Morning!

4 miles on the Treadmill this morning, I cleaned it off yesterday *sigh* tis the season, I guess.  I am hoping to do 3 more after work outside, plus my exercise class, we'll see Smile

Judy - even days off exercise are not rest days lol!  Nice Sunday run

Camille - have a wonderful day with your friend and your Mom!

Lisa - so awesome about your run!

Carol - yes, I think the weekend is supposed to be pretty good, weatherwise, I will keep my fingers crossed!  Yes, I still love my job, the only downfall is the winter driving, we have Grayling/Gaylord so it's pretty much always snowing.  Oh well, only six months till dry weather ha ha

Karen - wow, great job on the 10K.  I just want to be sub 50 one of these days...

Marjorie - sounds like a great race and course.  Smart to stop before hurting your hip worse.

Cindy - nice run with your DS, I so wish I could get at least one of my kids to join me.  I'm going to work on my younger DD, I think she would be a good runner and would enjoy the one on one time with me.  At least that's how I'm going to approach it lol

Sue - Yeah on the 10 mile run and Boo on the pipes.  Ugh, glad the plumber was there so quickly.

Tessa - oh my gosh, so sorry about all that's going on with dh.  Is it skin cancer?  Keeping you in my prayers <3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. Rest day and travel

Tessa thoughts to you. So sorry on dh

thanks for for the thoughts in the race. I'm glad it is over.

Camille have good time at your moms

Laura sorry for the treadmill return. Boo

Marjorie

Good Morning!  The group power instructor was out, so another woman taught her "Sparticus" class.  OMG what a killer!!  Lots of high intensity training.  My inner thighs are going to be sore later, I can already tell.  I was a total sweatball.  Great class.

Tessa--the plumber thought the pipe was probably cracked ( I think it was really a fitting that cracked, not the actual pipe) and I bumped it enough to break it.  Sad  My hairbrush drawer was full of water this morning.  Just finished mopping out the vanity.  So glad I have today off.  Need to catch up on cleaning and maybe run to Target (40 minute drive) and the fabric store.

Sorry about DH's radiation.  Not fun.  Continued prayers for you and your family.

I am too tired from the workout to take a shower.  Don't think I can get my hands up to wash and dry my hair!  Too bad she's not teaching that again for 10 days.  It was a really good workout.  And yes, if I wasn't so lazy I could do it on my own.  Wink

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me after this crazy doubles weekend.  I feel pretty good, though.  I posted an RR in my blog, if interested.  It's too long to copy it here.

Judy, enjoy the track and cardio.

Camille, enjoy the day!

LC Runs, nice TM run.  Hope you get your second one this afternoon.

Marjorie, enjoy the rest.

Sue, Spartacus class?  Sounds like a killer.

Tessa, I'm sorry to hear that DH is going through radiation especially since he is so weak already.  Thoughts to you and hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out this morning for 7 miles. I felt pretty good and it was a beautiful day for it - chilly at the start, but sunny with climbing temps. DH is off work and the boys are out of school, so we're just kind of hanging out today.

Tessa - I'll be thinking of you as your DH starts radiation. Thanks for the encouraging words about ADHD - we're reevaluating the possibility of medication. I think DS1 is at the point where it would help his school performance.

Camille - enjoy the visit with your mom. How is she doing?

Laura - yuck on having to resort to the treadmill. DS1 is a somewhat reluctant running companion, although he's getting better about it.

Marjorie - safe travels home.

Crazysue - that sounds like a tough class! I've missed my core class for the last week.

Damaris - congrats on the 4 stars!

Off to take DS2 for an allergy shot-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Arimathea

Tessa

Cindy, you'll hear a lot of arguments both pro and con. Speaking as a parent of a child who has been through it, I can tell you that putting DS on meds helped him a great deal. He was halfway through first grade, his teacher was great, and he just was not able to focus until he was put on Ritalin. Find a good psychiatrist with experience working with kids, that made a big difference.

Good luck.

Susan, that sounds like some class! Sigh on the plumbing repairs.

Yes, it's skin cancer. DH has a large crater on his nose where a basosquamous cell carcinoma has been eating away the tissue. He must've had it for some time, but he didn't want to go to the doctor, and in the last few months it has really grown rapidly. And he keeps picking at it so it's getting worse. The radiation therapy is supposed to kill the cancer cells and start allowing normal tissue to grow back. I am not sure it is going to do much, his diet is bad and he has such a depressed immune system already. But he insists.

3.6 this morning, nonmemorable run but it felt good to get out there.

Anonymous Guest

Frustrating morning - woke up at 5 with a migraine, took a pill and woke up at 7 feeling even worse. Dragged myself out of bed, took two more pills and left for work. Brief excitement of getting a parking spot of level 3 in the parking garage with the broken elevator (normally I'm on 6 or 7 before I can find a spot), ruined by finding out trains were only running every 20 minutes (instead of the normal 6), then delayed even more for track maintenance. So over 30 minutes to leave the train station, with more and more people at every station along the way trying to shove in because they'd been waiting 30+ minutes. Miserable. I don't care if it's a federal holiday Metro, lots of people still have to work and Monday morning is never an acceptable time to schedule track work! Even on weekends trains run every 12 minutes. I'm leaving early today because this whole area is probably going to try to squeeze on the 5:08 train out of here, so I want on the 4:48.

Probably a rest day today. Maybe an easy spin on the bike after work since exercise often gives me temporary relief from migraines.

Sorry, after that rant I've got no energy left for personals. I know in the whole scheme of things it's not a big deal, but when I'm not feeling well, everything bugs me more.

On the plus side, I found out there's a grocery store right by the Metro station where you can order online and they will have it ready and waiting - you drive up and they put it in your car. You can't imagine how excited I am about that.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Hey Gang!

3.1 mile run after work with work friend, then Fusion class.  I am tired lol!

Marjorie - safe travels

Sue - ohhh, that class sounds awesome!

Hi Damaris - I think you deserve a rest day!

Cindy - great 7!

Tessa - I'm sure that run felt good!

Anonymous Guest

I left work early this afternoon to catch the 4:48 train instead of trying to fight my way onto the 5:08 train. Turned out to be a great decision, plus I got home early and ran 6 miles. I feel much better now.

Marjorie, sounds like you enjoyed your race and stopped before you did any damage. I'd call that a success.

Laura, I'm thinking the TM might be the only way I ever get my butt out of bed and run in the morning until spring. I set my alarm early, then I wake up and think about how cold it is outside, and how cozy I am, and I don't get up.

crazysue, what a crappy thing to happen with the pipe! Glad you got everything cleaned up, but so not how you want to spend a good part of your weekend.

Damaris, loved your RR. Congrats again! Ultras may turn out to be your "thing", you seem to be able to run forever.

Cindy, nice run. Hope you had a fun, relaxing day with all your boys (including DH). Wait, you have 3 plus DH, I guess relaxing probably never describes your day!

Tessa, I'm sorry you have yet another thing on your plate with the radiation treatments. Do I remember correctly that he chose the most obtrusive option to deal with this? You are seriously earning some "good" points in life lately. "Hang in there" doesn't really seem to do justice, but it's all I've got, and I hope you get a break soon.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel