Womens Running

More Winter Monday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. The few encouragements we have here (birds now chirp and buds are enlarging on the trees) are welcomed. Cold seems to never go away.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday and Saturday were run/Cardio DVD

Sunday was a fun 35 minute run at the track.

Today I will meet a friend for tea, get groceries and work out at home I think. Not enough hours in the day for me I think. I could have used more sleep as well.   Oh well.

Happy runs, All !  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning!  I guess more winter is coming Wed with snow showers and 18 degrees, but the weekend was a breath of spring.  Our daffodils have even bloomed.  I've sure enjoyed the break from winter and hope you Ohio/Michigan gals get a break soon.

Gatsby, "only 1500" feet elevation?  You know, a lot of folks would think that was a really hard course. : ) Sounds like you're in great shape.

Karen, I liked Gene Espy's book a lot, but memoirs are my favorite genre. At least memoirs of normal people and their adventures are-not the celebrity or political type.  I'm glad you're feeling back to normal.

Ginny, I have a solution for slow times-leave the watch at home for a while! : )  It makes for a much more enjoyable run. I can't imagine how slow my miles are right now and  don't want to know until I've been running a bit longer.   I sort of know  the distance.

DR, I hope you're feeling better and feeling up to walking.

Marjorie...taxes.  I hate the thought.  I'm going to change accountants this year though so have to do them in the next couple weeks. I'm still getting stuff I'll need in the mail but it's tapering off.

Carol, it sounds like you're getting all set for marathon training. Higdon's a good choice...so many people have used his plans successfully.

Laura, how many squats today? Honestly, I'm in awe when you post those.

I did my 2 yesterday plus 1.5 of walking. I walked a half mi between the two miles and had less hip achiness afterwards. I also wore my Hokas (thanks for the thought, Karen) and maybe that made the difference.  The Hokas seem to bother my neuroma less too, but they seem a bit high near the ankle. I just never got in the habit of wearing them-felt slow in them last year.

Hi Tessa, Lisa, Cindy, and all!  Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I didn't walk all weekend and still remain in the house.  It's so hot outside!  Anyway, we'll see.  Like I said, I am in no rush.

Judy, our high is close to 90F today.  Hope you're happy, as birds have been chirping, etc..   Enjoy the tea and the errands.

Camille, nice workouts.  Hope Spring arrives for you soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Ah Damaris, to be able to utter the words "it's too hot outside"  sounds like heaven to me.  It's all relative I guess.  Take it easy.

Camille....I do leave the watch at home sometimes, yesterday I was just curious just how slow I was!  It's okay, I know it is because I have not been running consistently for a few months now.

Karen...how are you doing with losing those extra pounds?  I am trying, but they are so much harder to get rid of then they are gaining!  I feel deprived.

Why do the weekends fly by?  Even when I don't do anything it is Monday before I know it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

I do believe I'm going to take a rest day. For the last few weeks on Rest/XT days I've been on the bike, but this is a running cutback week and I have an extra Rest/XT day this week. So I'm actually going to rest. Picking up my groceries after work (I felt very techy modern last night with a recipe from Pinterest I wanted to try open in one tab on my computer and my grocery pickup service open in another, adding the ingredients I needed to buy). I haven't been doing the pickup much lately, but the last couple weekends my long runs have really knocked me out and I haven't had the energy to get to the grocery store. The pickup location is right down the street from my Metro station, so I just pick the 5-6 pm time frame, and I pull in, they load my groceries and I'm on my way. 5 minutes and I've got my groceries and am heading home.

Camille, I did notice the Hokas seem higher around the ankle. When I first put them on I thought they would bang against that little bump on my ankle, but actually running I didn't notice at all.

Ginny, my weekend flew too. It was so hard to get up when the alarm went off at 6 this morning. As for the weight loss, I think I'm down about 3 (sometimes 2) with about 4 (sometimes 5) to go. It's been hard. I don't seem to have the willpower I had for the big weight loss a couple years ago. Hopefully between a little bit better weather (please!) and the realization that I'm spending a week in Florida in 5 weeks (and the last half on vacation at the beach), I'll find the motivation to lose the rest.

Damaris, do you have another week before you go back to work?

Judy, nice workouts this weekend as always.

Running errands at lunch, including going to the post office to mail our state taxes. I filed online over a week ago, and just thought to check the status last night. Our federal return was accepted but our state return was rejected. No reason, no errors. The "fix" according to the state if your federal return has been accepted is to print out the state forms and mail them in. Ridiculous.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day

I did get a lot done this weekend, Karen.  I'd come do stuff for you but you'd end up hating me Smile  My mom had me come organize their house the summer before she died.  Very big house but I did it all but the garage, their room and the basement.  It took all week but every corner was done and the amount of stuff that I made her give away and throw away was huge.  We had several dozen of the lawn bags full of stuff just to shred.  After she died we had to call a shred service to come get it all because it was just so much.

I also painted yesterday.  Picked a nice cadmium color.  It is a brown but has oranges in it so it is  a nice spicy shade.  Did the hall by the laundry room and the half bathroom.  Very pleased with how it turned out.

I've picked the color for our bedroom too.  Just know that it is so hard to paint our room as it has a cathedral ceiling so to get to some of wall it is hard even on the 12 foot  ladder.  Mostly because of the width of the ladder when it is opened up.  The kitchen will be next, I think.  I've had that color picked out for a long time now.

And the guy is coming Thursday to give us the quote to get the closet done in our room, the pantry and we will have them look at the laundry room too.

Gatsby I always try to get our tax stuff to our accountant by the end of Feb. I could send it earlier but I usually wait to make sure we have everything.  Plus DH gets a write off of $8 a day for the state for every day he works as a fireman for the year.  It takes forever for him to give me that information.  It is usually around a thousand dollars so that always is nice write off.  He finally gave it to me last week after I asked 5 times.

Ginny I agree with Camille to leave the watch or just don't look at the time.  I usually ignore how long it took me and just look at the distance.

Camille I'd not know what to do if we changed accountants.  Dh has used the one we have since before we were married so well over 20 something years!  They have always done a really good job for us and not too expensive.  For some, I guess the $160 we pay now (it has only gone up maybe $30 over the last 22 years) is too much but for us it is better than all the hassle.  Especially when DH was in the military and wasn't a state resident where we lived and then with our investments etc.  Just easier to send it and let some one else do it.  Plus they always watch out for all the different tax code changes etc.  They are in Missouri and a very small firm.  I offered to have my dad use them after my mom died but he thinks he can do the taxes himself.  I personally think he misses way too much and has no idea what he is doing but let me do it since he refused.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

GatsbyBird, no I'm not in that group, however if he wants information on Shadow I'll be happy to share race reports etc. with him. Love that race. Karen did it one year, although that was Course C which is not the breathtakingly beautiful one through the Graveyard of the Giants and Nelder Grove. (It was snowing up in the Graveyard as the race was going on and running the race there would not have been a good idea.)

Karen, Ginny, the weight will come off but yes it does take a lot longer to take it off than it does to put on.

Taxes -- have an appt with the accountant Thursday next week. Usually it's 10-15 minutes of talking about money and the rest of the time we are talking about running! I think it's worth it to have him do our taxes rather than have me try to do it.

4 yesterday morning, 3.6 this morning. I should have been going to the gym at lunch, but a client wants to meet so I am going with her to Roy's -- not at all my favourite place but she picked it. About all I can eat there is a green salad. Everything has meat, poultry, or fish in it, even if it's bonito flakes or nam pha (Thai fish sauce).

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day

I did get a lot done this weekend, Karen.  I'd come do stuff for you but you'd end up hating me Smile  My mom had me come organize their house the summer before she died.  Very big house but I did it all but the garage, their room and the basement.  It took all week but every corner was done and the amount of stuff that I made her give away and throw away was huge.  We had several dozen of the lawn bags full of stuff just to shred.  After she died we had to call a shred service to come get it all because it was just so much.

I also painted yesterday.  Picked a nice cardamomcolor.  It is a brown but has oranges in it so it is  a nice spicy shade.  Did the hall by the laundry room and the half bathroom.  Very pleased with how it turned out.

I've picked the color for our bedroom too.  Just know that it is so hard to paint our room as it has a cathedral ceiling so to get to some of wall it is hard even on the 12 foot  ladder.  Mostly because of the width of the ladder when it is opened up.  The kitchen will be next, I think.  I've had that color picked out for a long time now.

And the guy is coming Thursday to give us the quote to get the closet done in our room, the pantry and we will have them look at the laundry room too.

Gatsby I always try to get our tax stuff to our accountant by the end of Feb. I could send it earlier but I usually wait to make sure we have everything.  Plus DH gets a write off of $8 a day for the state for every day he works as a fireman for the year.  It takes forever for him to give me that information.  It is usually around a thousand dollars so that always is nice write off.  He finally gave it to me last week after I asked 5 times.

Ginny I agree with Camille to leave the watch or just don't look at the time.  I usually ignore how long it took me and just look at the distance.

Camille I'd not know what to do if we changed accountants.  Dh has used the one we have since before we were married so well over 20 something years!  They have always done a really good job for us and not too expensive.  For some, I guess the $160 we pay now (it has only gone up maybe $30 over the last 22 years) is too much but for us it is better than all the hassle.  Especially when DH was in the military and wasn't a state resident where we lived and then with our investments etc.  Just easier to send it and let some one else do it.  Plus they always watch out for all the different tax code changes etc.  They are in Missouri and a very small firm.  I offered to have my dad use them after my mom died but he thinks he can do the taxes himself.  I personally think he misses way too much and has no idea what he is doing but let me do it since he refused.

Marjorie

camille2

Quick note for Tessa-

I was just thinking of you as I warmed up leftovers from cooking for 13 on Sat (and others helped).  I can't imagine cooking for 70!! I'm still impressed. While you were on my mind, there was just a news clip about short sleepers and I wondered if you are one-people who feel good after 1- 4 hours of sleep. You get up so early.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hmmm  why am I posted twice and quoting myself?

Marjorie

Marjorie-I guess that what you said bore repeating.

Lisa

Ran yesterday afternoon .. something like 6+ miles outside.. in the sun. cold but sun.  Then flew to Chicago. After work ran 5+ although when I went to stop Mapmyrun on my phone it literally froze up and only recorded 4.4.  Clearly I hadn't stopped where the map shows I stopped. I figured that at 20 degrees (before Chicago wind chill) I was better off than the -3 (before Chicago wind chill) that tomorrow morning is going to bring.

Heading back home tomorrow after work.

Tessa-sorry that you don't have many meal options!

Marjorie-you did get a ton done!

Karen-what's with this tax talk.. is it April already??

Ginny-I don't think we will ever be too hot this summer.

Damaris-I met dd's boyfriend last night.. he's from Miami and he couldn't believe how cold it was in Detroit.  he was ready to go back to heat.

Camille-maybe the squishy-ness made effort feel higher in the Hokas?

Judy-hours in the day aren't the problem.. just too much stuff to do in them

Lisa