Womens Running

It's a Good Friday Supermoms (Read 43 times)

beckykay

Ok, I am finally home....even though I was supposed to get off work early.  We see how well that worked.  Lost it on the idiot today for taking something off my desk that I had set aside to mail on Monday.  Yeah, she went ahead and mailed it without asking.

Cx2:  Yep, totally exhausting when they can move around....I would have prefered if he waited to walk.  Definitely a negative for me.

Arm:  Oh wait, you mean I have to start training for Nashville Smile  Glad you have your house back.  I love my mother but like my own space more.

Zorbs:  LOL, I know it is frustrating but I am just picturing the fiasco now.  C threw a fit at work today when I had to stop by and pick something up.  Mark opened the door and he shut right up.  Their german shepard was at the office and C thinks he's a wolf.

Shelby:  Boo on the shoulder.

and for us

RR:  5k today, LR of some sorts tomorrow - depends on how I feel.

TR:  Ugh, drives me nuts.  I can't walk in front of him because he is the line leader and i am the caboose.  Get real kid, you walk too slow.

FR:  Pizza night!!!!  Going to walk around the nice part of town and order it to go.  Movie night (peter pan).

NRR:  migraine, I think I need new glasses Sad

beckykay

Eh!:  Its a holiday for random offices.  DH works at the federal courthouse and they couldn't get in the front door today because the marshals were off, but he works for the state, which was not.  They had to go through the back door the super sneaky way.  The IRS office was open but couldn't let anyone in the building because the marshals weren't there to work the metal detectors....it was a cluster over there!

roadrunnermom

mer - at least I take care of B and don't abuse him.  Thanks for the dose of mom guilt, I really needed that.

Just a lurker who has considered joining this board for a long time; there was only one thing that keeps stopping me and that was the sick feeling I'd get after reading some of your posts. I truly hope you somehow find it in you to love, even like, your son. As a mom of 2 children, both under 5 years old and only 15 months apart in age, I get how frustrating it can be, especially when you're tired and they're acting up. However, I can't imagine ever feeling that I don't love my children even during the stressful times. And I find it even more sad that you post about it constantly.

Erniegirl

Late for personals, not sure if anyone is even still around to read, but here we go anyway:

cx2 - We haven't done too much babyproofing either...child proof things on the cupboard doors, plugs in the sockets and removed the coffee table is about it. They are always one step ahead of you anyway! Have a good Easter dinner. Your salad sounds yummy.

Mer - When is J turning 2? Go for that doughnut. Heck, after your 12 mile run, you deserve two of them! Boo to the zits. Pregnancy was actually the only time in my life my skin didn't break out.

Mrszm - Your poor stomach! Your family has had way more than its share of viruses this year. Hopefully you all end up with super power immune systems as a result and power through next year with no sickness.

Bermy - Sounds like lovely running weather! Hope DS's cold clears up soon...the colds really seem to affect his sleep. I complain like crazy when S is up for a couple hours on her worst nights. I can't even imagine the nights of no sleep you've had. Hope your pizza turns out perfectly this time!

Eh - Oh no! Permanent marker on the church pants is no good! I'm sure Martha Stewart knows of a way to get it out. My run today was okay. I was feeling a bit sluggish (er, probably because I had salt and vinegar chips, M&Ms and beer last night) so I ran it more like a tempo @ 4:44/km rather than a true 10k race pace, which should have been around 4:30/km. All the lulu talk around here has turned me into a fiend. I have been ordering stuff off the sale section of the website nearly every week lately. This morning DH busted me for ordering a tank top when I claimed I was in my office working. Oops Embarrassed

Becky - Ha ha, I picture you and C as one of those super slow moving cargo trains that seems to take 17 hours to get by when you end up stopped at train tracks and are in a hurry. Is your back better today?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

NRR2: it’s a holiday here too for us – although not in Nashville. DH’s company were off work today so he randomly came downstairs from his lab at 8am and said “hey. I have a day off, fancy family day”. Bliss to my ears after two nights of next to no sleep. DS is feeling marginally better. Cold is starting to thicken up now but he has no appetite and is cranky.

Rg – have a great time at your moms! Travelling sounds fun but being on the move can be stressful – try to relax when you can mama! Is having blisters normal when you’re such a pro like you? And what pace do you try to run your 20m at? I seem to remember my bermy coach and I comparing feet and hers were pretty beat up.

Shelby – yay on easter egg hunt and breakfast! Too cute. My DH has already put the easter egg hunt we are going to in the joint calendar – it’s at the zoo and he is beyond excited. Owwiee on shoulder. Your bermy 1000s were simply stunning – I always admire anyone who can hang at 4mins and you had it! Fantastic job! You are fast Shelby! And have stamina.

Zorbs – you are very honest about how you feel. I wished my mom could have been as honest as you when I was little. My mom made me feel like I was the reason her life was ruined – like I killed her career, stopped her from going out, stopped her from doing stuff, ruined her body in pg etc. It took me about 15 years to realize that it wasn’t me. Absolutely nothing to do with me, in fact. Enjoy that curry. It’s so yummy. Is the feeling stronger on fridays as you have the weekend to come?

Arm – wow you have a majorly busy few days ahead of you! Hope you are squeeze in some running time. I meant to ask you – are you going to ttc for #5?

Cx2 – yummy salad. Sounds delish. I agree on moving becoming exciting.

Mer – I am so impressed at your LR pg!! You really rock.

Ernie – great pace – and I meant to say holy awesome pace on the bermy 100s – you ROCKED those! I was really impressed. Easter bunny sounds, well, a bit Donny darko creepy. So cute on Diva. I showed my DH the pic of S with underwear and he was killing himself laughing. He thought it was priceless (me too).

Mrszm – IM am really hoping that your family has a big old dose of the healthies over easter – I miss your upbeat jokes and very sharp wit. Huge big hugs. I love lulu and it’s the second closest store to my house after whole foods (part of the reason I chose to live here!!!)

Becky – come on over for pizza – hoping it is not going to be a flop. I put a bit more effort into the kneading so it might just be ok.

Spike – thinking of you today. YAY for moving day – hope it goes well.

CA – omg I got a hoodie from lulu – it’s really tight at the waist, has a huge hood and is lemon. I LOVE it. Dough is rising now and hope it better. I think Spike was right and my yeast was dead.

Eh – funny on pants but annoying when you have put so much effort in.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

strollermama

roadrunnermama:  I am probably posting this a bit late but I would say you probably don't read these boards often enough if that has stopped you.  Aside from the comments made today by one individual, I cannot remember any other poster ever posting something about not loving their child.  We use this board to vent but I would say 99.99% of our posters are deeply in love with their children.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

cowsrun2

Just a lurker who has considered joining this board for a long time; there was only one thing that keeps stopping me and that was the sick feeling I'd get after reading some of your posts. I truly hope you somehow find it in you to love, even like, your son. As a mom of 2 children, both under 5 years old and only 15 months apart in age, I get how frustrating it can be, especially when you're tired and they're acting up. However, I can't imagine ever feeling that I don't love my children even during the stressful times. And I find it even more sad that you post about it constantly.

I have to agree with this.  I have been reading this board as well.  I like RA and joined today.  I am a mom and my son is almost 4.  As a runner, a part time working mom, we all, as women and moms find solidarity with other moms’ with similar thinking.

It’s one thing to handle a tantrum.  We get frustrated, it’s understandable.  To say what you have said, is sickening.

This particular poster has probably caused a lot of other mom’s from joining this group.  That’s sad.

What’s more sad, is the thought of this child not ever feeling a mother’s love.

I’m not trying to troll, I am just trying to say what a lot of other won’t.

roadrunnermom

roadrunnermama:  I am probably posting this a bit late but I would say you probably don't read these boards often enough if that has stopped you.  Aside from the comments made today by one individual, I cannot remember any other poster ever posting something about not loving their child.  We use this board to vent but I would say 99.99% of our posters are deeply in love with their children.

I specifically said that Zorbs' posts have prevented me from joining, not the other ladies as a group. That is why I quoted her one reply. It's not even just her posts today that turned me off, it's many of her other posts in general that just made her come across as a not-so-nice person. That is all. And I'm sure my feelings echo what others feel.

strollermama

Well this group is extremely supportive and awesome.  It has helped me though some very tough times with a husband gone in the military and the group means the world to me.  The feelings we care about are each others, so I guess it doesn't really matter what those "others" feel.  If one person's bad day is clouding you from seeing the many many awesome women on this forum then so be it.  But please no more posting negative comments.  It is just not necessary.  If you don't like what you see, then please stop lurking and leave.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Leeleeche

Amen Strollermama!
                      cowsrun2

Strollermama:  Thank you for you and your husband’s service.

One’s bad day doesn’t cloud the repetitive negativity.  One’s bad day doesn’t mean sending a PM to a new poster (me) telling me I am a “judgmental mombie” and to stay off the group.

Because I stated that many mom’s would be afraid of joining this group because one openly claims to resent her son and would never, has never loved her son.  How would any mom want to join a group in that someone doesn’t tell this person she needs help.

You have these feelings…fine…but it ain’t right.  To think it’s ok to just coast along and say “sorry you had a bad day” when she is saying she feels no love for her own child.  That’s not being a friend.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

the point is, others have known me (some in real life) for over 3 years...know what I mean by my comments, where as you, Sanctimomma Mombie, jump in here and make snap judgements, based on occasional lurking.

So I feel like we are well within reason to tell you to fuck off.

Leave this thread, never read it again, and you won't be offended.  Isn't that great?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Part of the point is that those of us that know zorbs in real life and through the forums know who she is.  You aren't doing a shred of good by coming onto a forum and telling her/us what you think.  Do you think that by judging her publicly she is going to realize her error and become a better person?  We have a group of 40+ women that have posted through the years and are still friends, so obviously this is a place where many women appreciate honesty and somewhere where we will not be judged but can be ourselves.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

cowsrun2

not posted by this person. Actual user name asked to have it removed