Womens Running

Back on track Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- Yeah I'm not sure how it will work since now under the ACA, all birth control is free. Before ACA, it probably would have cost a couple hundred dollars for an IUD, and generic BCPs were $10 for  a 3 mo supply on my insurance. Hopefully my insurance won't give me trouble about it since they just refilled my nuvaring RX and I have 3 of them in the fridge right now.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spke - in Canada at least, I think they cost around $300-350 but I just had to pay $14 for the dispensing fee at the pharmacy.  We don't have any government coverage of birth control though.  (maybe there is through some crisis pregnancy, or low income program for poor people,,)

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Kantkatchme

From yesterday:

spike- that's really sad about the dad and kids. I drove when I was little but only on the farm. Or the tractor. I laughed at the miles thread too. Feb and March have been off months for running.

Ca- too bad for your DH, but I guess it's easier for you. I hope the mom and baby arE ok.

rg- sounds like a busy weekend! So cute about the little helper. Uhoh on the water, thank goodness for handy hubbies Smile.

Zorbs- it's actually my LR. I ended up working wed- sun last week. So I'm trying to catch up. Im doing the 10k race weekend.

Mer- I know what you mean. I tend to do loops near my house until I think I'm safe. I also tend to run on trails and will admit I've run into the bush in an emergency. Eh- she is a mutt, suposidly a catahoula mix. She's a great family dog, as long as you are family. Ha! she is defineatly too smart to not have a job.

Ernie- if it was just dirt I would be ok with it. It's all the stuff she finds on the street.( we don't have sidewalks)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spke - in Canada at least, I think they cost around $300-350 but I just had to pay $14 for the dispensing fee at the pharmacy.  We don't have any government coverage of birth control though.  (maybe there is through some crisis pregnancy, or low income program for poor people,,)

My IUD was $150.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Kantkatchme

Ernie-  I hope you feel speedier in shorts! A try's to climb into the dishwasher all the time.  She is obsessed with it, if she hears it open she is there.

Zorbs-  good luck at Lulu.  Did G know he was running 12k?

Rain- have a good track wo.  I would def let DH know he is on baby duty after Boston.

Ca- I hope your dog is ok.  O sounds like she has quite the personality. In sure M will learn to stand up for herself soon enough.

Rg- I am so impressed by your running with only 3 months to go.  Awesome that you have a little helper.

eh-  enjoy your walk.  I cant wait till the trails are clear So I can take A and wear her out.

spike- great that you are feeling speedy.(Er) .  I would probably choose to spend time with my DH, but I girls weekend does sound fun with the right people.

~~~

rr- yesterday's Lr.  I finally feel mostly better, minus the head cold. But that doesn't really count.

Br- doesn't nap. Sigh.

runnergirl9508

Ernie- hope the 600's went well today! I haven't done short-distance speedwork like that in ages. Though I'm thinking about focusing on 5K-10K distance after this baby, so i'll be doing lots of shorter, faster stuff. Ugh, sorry about the TR related. Have fun at library program today.

zorbs- wow, great running to your DH! are you going to try to convince him to run the Wineglass Half with you? Btw, there are less than 1000 spots left, in case you haven't signed up yet. Ha, I've never purchased a professional race pic; though I really wanted to after the marathon I ran last May! Sounds like B is doing well with his bike riding. Good luck with the job application/interview at lulu! I think that saying what you wrote down here is a good start. And, the fact that you have extensive experience in a customer service industry as a personal trainer would help too!

E-rain- have fun at track tonight! I miss doing track workouts. The high school track in town is LOCKED, which pisses me off. It's a publicly funded track, why can't the public have access?! Yay for KC feeding himself. Sorry that his tummy troubles are still happening. Are you still nursing him at all? Uh, I'd be getting my drink on before DH has the chance post-race!! And I'd tell DH that he can make it up to you by letting YOU drink post-Boston!

CA- I will have to clean the charging ports- thanks for the tip! I have had it plugged into the wall charger for hrs. Does plugging it into the computer make a difference? I never set it up with Garmin Connect on my computer, either. Not sure if that matters. hope you can get outside for your run later tonight! Oh no on O taking M's toys! Thanks-I'm feeling really good so far with the running, hoping it continues to the end. I was able to run all the way to my delivery date with R, though my LR's were only 7-9 miles by the 3rd tri.

reh- have a great walk later! Ugh, I hate all the paperwork that goes along with taxes, so annoying. Have fun with the extra kiddo today. Hope it all goes well.

spike- hooray for a fast good run last night! I loved running with the stroller b/c I felt like I was flying on the days I didn't have to push R. I hope your apt goes well this afternoon! Hmm, that's tough about the girl's weekend. Are they so uptight that they'd freak out if you had a glass of wine with dinner? If so, I wouldn't go, lol. But seriously, if it's going to be uncomfortable and awkward all weekend, and you can't feel like you can really unwind and enjoy yourself, then I probably wouldn't go.

Kant- sorry that your LO doesn't nap- that makes for a really long day sometimes! hope that the run went well today! head colds can be annoying, but usually a run will help you feel better. hope you're fully recovered soon.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - I found THIS thread where a bunch of people had the blank screen thing and managed to fix it.  If cleaning the charge ports doesn't work I'd try the computer, and even seeing if it'll upgrade the software.  PGR running is such a strange thing, I found it so much easier w/ O, and ran through to the end, but in the last couple months I didn't run longer than 10k.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Here's my ATB race report if you somehow aren't on FB or DM.

e_rain - it is bad enough to have to return to being Mom after a marathon, and you don't need to be Mom to a drunk ass hubby on top of that.  If your DH gets drunk I'd just ignore him, unless he was being drunk AND loud, in which case I'd throw him in the tub and go to bed.

ca - well lulu was a no-go but most of the jobs I'm interested in are in retail so I'd still be interested in hearing what your DH has to say.  Chip is such a d-bag though. :P

rg - did you try the hard reset? This won't make you feel better, but I killed my 405 after less than 2 years of use.

eh - how are you planning on making omelets with no eggs? lol  I just looked up that HM to see if I could buy your bib and use it as a taper LR, but no, it is the same week as my 36K LR.  It's not that bad with the gas receipts.  I have a pencil case in the car, and I just shove all the receipts in there after I'm done gassing up.  It's just that at tax time I have to read the total off the entire pile.

spike - are you deadlifting with the 45 lb plates yet? Smile

kant - nope, DH was planning on 5K when he headed out.  Your baby is too young not to nap! Hell naps are always in style at my house, regardless of age!

rg - oooh thanks for letting me know about the HM.  Maybe by fall and after his Spartan race he'll feel badass enough to try a half.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

zorbs - I think your DH is going to claim all summer that he can't possible run a half, and then end up running one in the fall. We also take our taxes to an accountant, yet it always seems like a giant hassle to get everything together to do so.

e-rain - Yay for outdoor track starting - means spring is here, right? I think you need to get drunk after Boston before DH has a chance  j/k, kind of, but you should definitely tell him he is on baby duty after the race and you are chilling out!

rg - It was colder than expected here this morning too, so I went with capris instead of shorts. Yay for a helpful toddler. Wow, I can't believe you are due in 3 months! it seems like just yesterday you made your announcement on fb. Your plan to focus on shorter stuff after baby sounds like fun! If there is one thing I have learned from this marathon training, it's that I really, really prefer the shorter stuff!

eh - Ugh, I am sooo terrible with organization, too. I spend all of March dreading the prospect of having to gather all my tax stuff to take to the accountant and then finally feel like I've accomplished something really amazing when I spend an evening doing so. Trail walk sounds like fun!

spike - It's funny, it always seems like running with the stroller should make you really fast, because's it's so much harder, but I don't think you actually get faster until you can do a lot of stroller-free runs. Hope your IUD insertion goes well! Given you want to save money and the weekend away would also use up child care favours, I would say don't go unless you really think it will be fun. Which, going by your description, it sounds like you aren't sure it will be.

CA - Is it warming up there at all? Ha ha, yes, I will try to come up with some good discipline measures and then hopefully they will work on O, too. I do find that taking things away from S works, but that obviously only works for some things. I can take her glass away when she's pouring water on the floor, but I can't really take away parking lots or the dishwasher...

kant - S is like a magnet to the dishwasher, too! Sometimes she will help me unload it, which is nice, but it's just as likely she'll try to unload dirty dishes as I load them, or climb in. I suppose I could solve this problem by only using the dishwasher when she's asleep. Glad you are feeling better and hope the LR goes well! Is A not napping at all anymore?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - yes Chip is a total dick.  I've fwded the retail question to DH and I'll let you know what he says.  Hopefully you'll find something good.  Here at least, I think lulu is a bit of a coveted job, but LRS's find it harder to get good staff that actually run, so I'm guessing that they might be easier to get a job at, and at the very least maybe you'd get some experience so you could get into lulu when they are hiring.

ernie - it is actually starting to warm up, it's supposed to get to 0 today, and the forecast on Friday is 10 C!  The dishwasher is like crack to O... she does like helping to empty it, but always wants to empty it whether it's clean or dirty, and also is always grabbing into the cutlery bin and I'm afraid she's going to grab a knife.  I try to fill and empty it when she's eating and strapped into her highchair to avoid a fight.  Last night she was sitting on the door when it was down and through a fit when I closed it and took away her seat..

superspike113

Honorary Old

Heather- they specifically mentioned wine drinking as a weekend activity, so no. But I went ahead and declined. Since I wasn't super excited, I took it as a cue to skip this time. My friend understands.

zorbs- no! Haha, I was a serious weakling- I'm only Deadlifting with 15-20 lbs on each side of the bar. When I started I would use the bar, or the bar with 5 lbs on each side. I've been doing kettlebell swings, too!  I have a crossfit friend on FB and she posted a pretty badass deadlift pic a while back- I think the had 2-3 big plates on each side. There are lots of muscle man/body builder types at my gym so I'm always having to pull 45 plates off the equipment and put on my dinky ones. Smile

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Kantkatchme

Zorbs- yes she is way too young to not nap.  I think it's the stuffy nose/ can't breath very well and teething.  She is exhausted, but puts up a good fight.  She falls asleep in her car seat, but doesn't transfer anymore.

Ernie/ca- ha. siunds like we have the same child when it comes I the dishwasher.  I too have started to open it only when she is strapped into her chair so I can get it done quickly.