Womens Running

Typical Thursday Supermoms (Read 16 times)

runnergirl9508

RR- planning on 5-6 miles after my 6am PT client this morning. I really enjoyed running at 6am vs 7am yesterday morning- no cars on the road!

TR- took a nap yesterday! I was worried that he was getting ready to drop napping, as it had been 5 days since he last napped. He was such a happy kid all day, too.

NRR- DH gets into bed last night and asks me if I changed R's pull-up a second time after I put him to bed, "because there's a pull-up laying in the middle of his floor." My response was "No. That means he took it off and is sleeping naked. He needs a new one." Do you think DH got up to go put a pull-up on R?! Nope. I laid there waiting him out for a couple of minutes, then threw the covers at him and got up. Seriously dude- I had already been sleeping for an hr and a half. After this baby comes I hope he realizes that he's on toddler duty full-time at night.

FR- grocery shopping today. When I mentioned it in passing yesterday, R heard me and said, "I go with you shopping Mama." Smile Need to finish meal planning for the week.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - I meant to do ST but I didn't nap yesterday due to multiple dr appointments, then I didn't sleep well last night so I turned off my alarm and went back to sleep. Going to try to do SOMETHING this morning with B around.

KR - spilled juice on his 
      clothes around 6:30 so I took the opportunity to get him in his PJs early (usually it's a battle). Then he lay down, saying "I need a little rest." and I thought I was off the hook for the evening, but nope, he was still awake at the usual time and wanted books, etc.

FR - chicken rice, sugar snap peas.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!
        RR - 8k after work with DH, we may need lifejackets though as it's been raining all week and the creek by our house is HIGH, dh said there was a lot of water on his run yesterday, where he had to run through 2-3 inches, and now it's been raini
        ng steadily ever since then. 1 year anniversary of the floods from last year is this week too!

KR - went to kiss her before I went to bed and found that she was wearing a strappy sundress, I guess she didn't like the PJ's that DH put on her, lol.

TR - looks like she's been in a war, she's got bumps and bruises, scratches, etc. Dayhome lady said yesterday that she doesn't know that she's seen a brighter kid her age, or a clumsier one. I guess that's a compliment?

FR - chicken yesterday was actually ok!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Didn't run yesterday, probably won't go til tomorrow. Going to do my best to run Fri, Sat, Sun and get my 15 mpw plus maybe some ST if I'm feeling up to it, SI joint is still jacked up but my shin is throbbing less.

TR: Climbed onto our bed and slept  by our feet like a dog last night lol. Saying really big words like "delicious" and "disgusting".

FR: Last night was chicken tacos + homemade salsa, tonight is probably a beef stirfry of some kind.

NRR: DH took the day off so he could round up some more tools and direct the labor crew when they show up.

NRR2- I've been really tired and crabby for the past few days, I really need a good night's rest. Feeling kinda down about my weight, I might go back to Weight Watchers on Tuesday. My clothes are getting too tight and I hate the # on the scale. I need to lose a minimum of 6 lbs to be back in my comfort zone.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- Yay for napping! Does R often pee at night? We try to limit fluids in the hour before bedtime and then make him pee right before we put him down and he's usually good until 5-6 am. Unfortunately, R has decided that 5:10 am is poop time and so I can't wave him away and bury my head in the pillow.

zorbs- the sun going down so late is screwing with bedtime here. R was still awake at 9 last night.

CA- O sounds a lot like R. Always scheming but no hand-eye-coordination. I shouldn't judge, you should see the mess that is going on with my legs right now lol. I see you said the chicken was OK, does that mean passingly edible or was it actually good?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - what would happen if you just kicked DH out of bed to take care of it.  When B cried as a younger toddler, I'd just lie there and kick DH in the legs.  Maybe I am just mean lol.

CA - I heard that Medicine Hat is bracing for flooding?

spike - homemade salsa sounds good but what a PITA to chop everything!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - hope your SI falls into line quickly!!  I bet a month of counting on WW is all you need for that 6 lbs.  Sorry about the crabbiness, I was super grouchy last weekend, but it only lasted a day, it's frustrating when you're grouchy and life crap isn't how you want it.  The chicken was actually good - not like gourmet good, but tasty and eatable.

zorbs - yup, they are bracing for flooding in southern alberta.  I think the rivers in Calgary are ok so far, the creek by our  house will probably flood but no one lives near it as it's in a prov park.  Hopefully it doesn't effect my running paths!

RG - I haven't meal planned in a couple of weeks, just been winging it, I need to get organized again!

For homemade salsa, I just put everything in the food processor and buzz it until it's coarsely chopped.  It's super yummy and doesn't take too much time!  I make a giant batch and can it so it lasts all year, YUM.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I've been really frustrated with my weight since going GF. Before, I felt like crap all the time, but I was skinny :P   I guess its a trade-off, huh? Even when I'm really strictly counting calories, it takes me about a month to lose 2 lbs on a GF diet. I think a lot of my weight gain was lifting weights more and running less

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - do you think you're absorbing more calories now, or does the GF food have more calories to make it taste better?  I also find that doing interval/speed work or HITT type workouts help bump my metabolism up.  When I am good at ST'ing consistently, it takes a month or so, but my metabolism increases to support the extra muscle mass.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I'm sure its an absorption thing. Not to get too graphic but before, I would eat a salad, and it would look like there was a salad in the toilet afterwards. So I kinda wonder if I was kind of starved before and it has jacked up my metabolism? Most of the food I eat is whole foods- meat, dairy, fruits, veggies. My starch is potatoes, corn, or rice for the most part, the bread/baked goods are super expensive and aren't very good so I don't eat them much.