Womens Running

Frolicking Friday (Over 40) (Read 14 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Runnersmom1320, I've had PF twice over the years. First time was from doing regular aerobics on a slab floor. Recovery took a very long time. Heel cup helped because I kept exercising. Second time was lately. Doing aerobics on a slab floor again. Treatment from doc was to keep doing workouts but *baby* the foot all the rest of the time. Roll foot on ice bottle. Always wear strong arch supports. Running on a TM was the easiest on the foot as I recovered. The newer treatment worked the fastest!

Thursday I had a great 40 minute track run with a buddy. This was the first track run without the heel cup in my shoe. The run went very well and I worked on some speed. I’m hoping the foot has really substantially heeled. I am careful, though.

Today will be a cardio DVD and Saturday should be a morning track run at the gym. Yesterday I had an asthma attack at work but got it under control with the rescue inhaler, outside air, and cups of strong tea. I felt it was the residual from the night before with the smoke.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.5 tempo. Got home after midnight. I'm kinda tired but got up and did it anyways

Happyclosing day, Katen!

karen I wonder if the lady at the hotel that asked if you were running the race saw you out running the other day?

Waves. Be back after my meetings. Several calls today

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Just a few more hours and I'll be a two-home owner! Hopefully just for a few months - need to get the old house emptied out and sold. Once that house stuff is all taken care of, I plan to run 11 miles this afternoon. Flying home to the cold and snow tomorrow, then hoping the roads/paths are clear enough for 17 miles on Sunday.

I'm on vacation today, but just spent the last two hours answering emails and finishing up two powerpoint presentations. The out of office message has now been engaged, the vpn has been logged out of, and the work computer has been turned off. DH is still working though. His phone calls all week have actually been pretty entertaining. I'll probably spend some time getting the utilities switched over to us today as well. Fun stuff.

Judy, excellent progress on the foot recovery.

Marjorie, your schedule wears me out!

I'll probably be back later to check in. Just hanging out - I should probably do my run now, but I want sunshine and 50s, and that's not going to be here until this afternoon. Yesterday I ran early afternoon and saw several other runners.....I was the only one in shorts and not wearing a jacket. Too funny, as I'm usually the overdressed and always cold one. Welcome to the south, I guess.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Oh Karen....how exciting about the house and all.  A new adventure!  Sunny and the 50's, what I wouldn't give.  Still hovering around 0 here.  Your house is beautiful.  Love the kitchen!

Judy....glad the heel is feeling better.

Did my WT this morning and am still contemplating the 5K tomorrow morning.   I just hate the cold so much.  The worst will be hanging around waiting for the race to start.  If I had someone to run with I think I would be more apt to do it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ended up running 4 miles with hubby last night, 16 for the day.  Rest day today.

Judy, I'll be frolicking out of here at 4:30pm!  Sorry about the asthma attack.

Marjorie, nice tempo run.

Karen, congrats!  Enjoy your run later and celebrations.

Ginny, good luck on the 5K if you decide to run it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Hi! Congratulations Karen on being about to close on the Texas house. Good luck getting the MD one cleaned out & sold.

Damaris, enjoy getting out of work at 4:30!

Judy, hope you feel better after the asthma attack.

Marjorie, congratulations on hauling out and running anyway. That's better than I did. I didn't get to bed until after 11 again and I was just not ready to get up and run at 3:30. It didn't help that I had one purring warm cuddly cat (Fernanda) on my legs and another (Guinevere) snuggled next to one hip.

Ginny, I would come run it with you if I wsa closer...sorry the weather is still so bad.