Womens Running

Wheee! It's Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

The cooking adventures begin!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was a good 35 minute deep breathing run at the track. Cardio for 25 minutes when I got home. Heel is better (PF) but I am going to have to watch and not do too much cardio. Running does not affect it. Thank Heaven! Oh, on one of my cardio DVD sessions there was an older lady doing the very fast 20 minutes. She was 80 years old…and did not look it at all. Part of aging is in the energy exhibited by body language.

Today I will go to the track for a well needed run, then go out to eat with friends.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - I so agree that people who are active appear so much younger, with much easier and more flexible movements.  Enjoy your dinner out!

did not get on to read yesterday, therefore can't do personals Sad   Hope all is good with everyone!

Did a "speed workout" with a couple of RB's after work yesterday....whew!  Was going to get up tomorrow and do a local Turkey Trot, it isn't a race, just an informal gathering with the local Tri Club - they have more then 100 people usually participate.  But I am having dinner here, so just can't get everything done if I go.  I will do my own turkey trot thought Smile

Carol

Good morning!

Lisa, thanks for the chillin' turkey photo.  I've seen it before but it always brings a smile. 

Love the turkey stories, ladies.  Only mishap one I can remember is the year my grandmother bought a frozen pumpkin pie.  First, she didn't know she had to cook it, so she was going to serve uncooked soupy pumpkin pie.  Second, she turned the thawed pumpkin pie upside down (or thawed it upside down) - I don't remember.  But it was a mess.  Well we still had my grandfather's apple pie, which always was at least a foot high... or so we say!

I was awoken around midnight yesterday morning by a phone call. Answered... it was DO (dear offspring). You could hear the anxiety in zer voice. "I just can't come home and leave my friend". Somewhat confused I asked, what? why? I knew zer friend was back in the hospital, and while ze had not told us where, we knew it was a psychiatric hospital from the phone records (ze's maxed out zer data plan multiple times in the last few months). I was told that the friend's mother does horrible things to the friend and ze was the only one who could stay with the friend as that would help protect zer friend  - so ze needed to stay. I told zer I loved zer and we would miss zer but we wanted zer to be where ze needed to be and not stress over it.

So... I guess ze will be in WA for Thanksgiving. But at least ze is safe.  DO called around noon yesterday.  Ze sounded much better, which is a relief.  Ze apologized and said ze plans now to come home for Christmas.  I hope so!

Judy, have a great run today!  I ran the ultra with a friend that is ten years older than me. I could keep up with her for the first 24 miles... after that... she just left me in the dust Sad  And she did another 20 miles beyond what I did.

Well better get moving!  Field trip (extra credit) to the wastewater treatment plant (a different one).  I teach environmental engineering and our civil and environmental capstone design class. 

Susan

camille2

Judy, I agree that active older folks age so much better. They are my hope.

Susan, I hope you DO's friend does ok.

lisa,  great turkey stories.  One year at  my mom's, I volunteered to cook the turkey since as a young bride, i had learned to cook and could cook a moist turkey.  After layering on butter and paprika, covering with cheesecloth, and a few hours of basting it regularly, I took it out to see if it was done.  As I cked, my mom asked what I was doing and I said I was cking for for blood. There was none, but that was the wrong answer!  My mom, who overcooks everything, made me put it back in and we ate our traditional dried out turkey.   Btw, I got over my little homemaker stage fairly quickly and now just use the cooking bags.

Carol, enjoy your Turkey trot.

I woke up insanely early so did 2.5 very hot mi on hotel treadmill.  I can't leave TM buttons alone, so they are a good, but not fun, workout.

I have to finish driving.  We have friends from Fairbanks passing thru so will meet them and DD for a late lunch. I'm excited to see them.

Howdy!  4 miles easy on the tm.  That was what was on the schedule, so I didn't argue.

Foster dog is doing so well we put away the crate.  She's a sweet little girl.  Gracie is coming over today for a meet and greet.

We get off two hours early today, so I'm going to bake pies and make cranberry sauce.  Yum!!  BF is off today, so he's making waldorf salad and entertaining the pups.

Y'all have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Work has been busy (today being no exception) so sorry for my absence.  I have Pilates and heavy weights tonight.

Judy, enjoy the cooking adventures!

Carol, nice speed workout.

Susan, DO is a good friend.  Hugs.

Camille, nice job on the TM.

Sue, good luck with the meet and greet and nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Quick check in to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I'm providing stuffed mushrooms for our neighborhood potluck tomorrow and then heading up to visit family on Saturday. I bought everything last night so hoping to avoid stores for the foreseeable future!

SRD today, 9 mile trail run tomorrow.

Thankful for family and friends (IRL and virtual)!

Now back to work, boo

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. I just couldn't make myself run in the rain yet again. Plus I had to go to the office since they decided we had to have our final November expense report in by 5 today. The month isn't even over!  Geesh. Usually when it ends in a weekend they give us until Monday. Plus we got the email yesterday that they'd loaded the cc info from our corporate cc at 3 pm. We can't do the report until the credit card download. I'd done one on Monday. They typically load each week. So, I went in.

I pi got home around 330 and had to rake the front. The front yard was terrible as all the wind and rain the leaves started coming down big time. The rain stopped around 2. I also cleaned and spray painted the planters I'm using to make a neat Christmas thing for the front door. They are black but needed touched up badly.

Marjorie

Judy-us active people don't age, we just move up in age group.

Carol-have fun turkey trotting!  informally.

Susan-sorry to here you won't have everyone home for the holiday.  neither of my two oldest DD's will be here.  Glad she's able to be there for her friend.  Hard though when you want to be sure your own child is safe.

Camille-enjoy your time with your friends!  I get easily bored on tm's also and have to keep switching things up.

Sue-your house sounds like it smells wonderful!!

Damaris-enjoy your days of reprieve!

Gatsby-smart move on avoiding the stores.  I had to run in to get veggie trays.  not fun.

Marjorie-will have to show us what your Christmas "thing" turns out to be!

Had today off with last long run planned as a gut check as to whether to register for Dec 20 The Huff 50k.. Run buddy and I headed out to do the ultra loop for Run Woodstock. I had the written instructions from 3 years ago, we had 2 maps (horse trails and bike trails) and I had my double battery pack for phone.  Was to be an adventure with 6 hours (no set mileage) as the goal.  We ended up finishing 25 miles in 4:50 in Hell, and that was good enough. Started nice and slow and walked most of the hills which makes a huge difference for me.  Lots of reviewing of maps, sign posts and at times the map on my phone.  It's been super windy so many, many downed trees and branches.  That muddy part that Ginny and I encountered was still muddy but pretty frozen, which just made it crunchier.  We finished strong so I felt good enough to actually register.

Lisa

ginnyb

Busy baking and cooking today.  Picked up granddaughter from her friend who brought her up from Cincinnati.  She is still here with me watching Christmas movies.  Still debating Turkey Trot tomorrow.

Lisa...Sounds like a good run. Wish I lived closer.  Sorry your girls won't be home.

Marjorie..don't blame you for not wanting to run in the rain again.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15