Womens Running

Winter Is Here Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Very cold here!Tight lips

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was snowy on and off all day. Local roads were good though. I did go to the track, ran 40 minutes, then did 20 minutes cardio at home. Lots of cross training window scraping this year. Wink

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Judy - it's very cold here, too.   Supposed to actually warm up a bit this weekend and early next week and I'll take it!

No run this morning, opted for my warm bed ha ha.  Plan is to do a short 2-2.5 after work, I only have about a half an hour since I have a haircut (trim) scheduled.

Anonymous Guest

It is cold out there this morning! I was actually awake early this morning, but I was not going outside and didn't feel like the TM, so just got some stuff done around the house. I think I'm going to try working 8-4 instead of 9-5. The trains would be less crowded, the parking would be easier and I'd have more time after work to get things done. As it is I come in about 1/2 hour early anyway just to make sure I get a parking spot.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BRR!!  32F here this morning!!  Very breezy too.

Struggled through group power class.  Most stayed home, either b/c of the cold or b/c they were still hurting from Spartacus class Monday.  I am still a little sore, but not too bad today.

Ugh.  VIP visitors all day at work.  I have to look and act professional for the next 8 hours.....;0

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  nothing for me today.  Maybe a chiro appointment after work.  Trial preparation all day, sigh.

Judy, enjoy the cardio workouts.

LC Runs, warm bed sounds great.

Karen, I love leaving work at 4:30.  I'm sure you'll love that schedule and then you can run in the early evenings.

sue, nice job on the class.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Good morning!

Judy, winter came here, too.  26 this am but no snow, thankfully.

Marjorie, how are your leg  and hip today?  I'll bet you're back to the double digits already. Wimp here will only do half hour today. Mine are feeling better.  I don't know if hiking the hills on the AT the day after the race was the best idea for my undertrained legs, but we enjoyed it anyway.

Karen, it's great that you love your job.  I sure hope you'll be able to keep it when you move.

Laura, I'm glad your move was a good one, too!

Sue, it's good to hear your legs are better. Sounds like a tough class!  My inner thighs could use work.

Tessa, I'm sorry about the radiation.  Your plate was already overflowing.  I hope it goes OK.

Remember that note about the super fast 59 yr old we thought won the Master's at Chickamauga?  They must have had the age wrong or something on the prelim results.  The Master's winner on the final results is listed as 41. If I'm not missing something, Jane's moved from 3rd, to second to actual first among her age group.  It's interesting and just emailed her to make sure she saw it.

Hi Docket!  Enjoy the rest day!

My sis is angry with me. She misread the schedule I emailed to them a couple weeks ago and thought she needed to come last night. My bro told her before she came, but it messed up her day. Displaced anger, I guess. I had talked to all of them, covered days they wanted off, scheduled myself a bit more than them  before I sent it out AND wrote they could trade. My bro told me he doesn't want one for Dec. He prefers to do it a week (or day!) at a time and got really mad when I suggested a family meeting with a social worker.  I hate  not being able make plans. We did that in Oct and it made me nuts...not to mention I did more days than anyone else and he did the fewest.  He's also the one who doesn't want to hire help or have her to go to Assisted Living.  I I may just tell them when I'll be there in Dec (my turn plus one day) and let them figure out the rest.    It's good my mom is easy to take care of, though it would be much easier if she would go to our houses...we have to stay there. Sorry to vent. It may be a long winter.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

The wind came howling in last night. Pretty gusty out

Camille I picked up the pups this am. Pilates later today. Will go back to running later this week. My legs feel fine now but I'm behaving to make sure the hip really is healed. Your family stuff sounds like mine.

Judy do it does seem winterish out!

Laura have ace a great run later.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Judy, thought of you. Saw a thing tonight of mixing 2/3 vinegar to water and spraying it on ice on car windows car. Melts it away quickly  versus scraping. I remember you always having to scrape a ton.

Marjorie