Womens Running

Love and Flowers on Friday - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER/RR - a little bit of ST at the gym, then 8K with Amy after work.

TR - has a scratch on his nose and he told me that it is from the other little girl at daycare hitting him, but I don't believe him.

FR - chinese sausage fried rice.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp, then 5 slushy miles in the snow. The park where I've been running was a sheet of ice, and none of the sidewalks had been cleared yet, so I took my chances and dodged cars in the road.

TR: such a big boy, getting tall. He came running over and gave me a hug and kiss when I got home this morning.

NRR: not sure if IL's are coming today or tomorrow. Depends on the weather. They got about 18" of snow.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!
        RR - meeting RP for 9ish km's, Had an awesome, super speedy for me run yesterday. I feel like my glutes are finally waking up post O, they are lazy and don't like to join in the running party.

TR - brought home super sweet valentines notes fo
        r us yesterday. Is super excited to sleep at gma's today. 

BR - according to M only big girls can sleep at gmas and O is now officially a big girl. She was awake in the night, I think the last corner of her molar is popping through, I hope she's good for MIL tonight.

FR - prime rib and risotto with roasted brussel sprouts.

NRR - getting my sledge hammer out today, good timing  Need to clean all the clothes out of our closets first though.

Zorbs - O came home with a big goose egg yesterday.  My kids always have weird bumps and scratches from who knows what.

RG - that sucks that the path conditions are so bad for you, I got to run on mostly dry paths yesterday and it was heavenly!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Thinking I will do a quick 5K after work.  Did 5 miles after an appointment yesterday and it was sluggish and slow.  Temps were great, roads were horrible.  Can't win 'em all.

RR#2:  So, I have first dibs on a bike for spin class for another session.  WWYD?  I feel like I miss out on a day of running, but love the cardio workout.

RR#3:  A friend of mine hooked me up with a running club.  They are doing 10 miles tomorrow, which is what I am scheduled for.  The only thing is they meet at 7am and 35 min from my house.  Is it worth it?  Or do I do 10 solo like all of my other miles?

BR:  So comfy cozy and warm. I would hold him all night if I didn't want to sleep!

TR:  Is in a very defiant stage and refuses to do much of what I tell him.  Sucks.  Yelled at him last night which scared him and then made H cry.  Awesome.

NRR:  DH and I are going out for dinner tonight and exchanging valentine gifts.  I need to get on pinterest and find a creative way to present him with a gift certificate.

NRR#2:  No one was behind me in the drive thru this morning.  Sad

FR:  Out to eat once again.  Hit the drive through last night.   I don't like it, but it was that or skip dinner.  For H's sake, I ate.

Oh!  For anyone interested...Vera Bradley has free shipping today.  Also Toms has 17.32% off and free shipping.  I might just buy myself a pair of shoes.  I want to get J a new pair of Toms for his B-Day, so I might get those as well.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Kantkatchme

How is it Friday already?  The time is escapibg me these days.

Re job: yes it's a horsey job.  Teaching and training.  I am going to do the teaching part, but not the training.  It isn't enough $ to make it worth my while after paying for child care and gas.  It's too bad cause it's a really nice facility.

Spike-  I am a sahm for the most part.   I am a freelance coach and teach about 15 students a week right now.  I also look after a farm two days a week but that's mostly so my dog can run around.  I make more money doing the barn and it takes less time then this new positiin.  i might try it, except they want me the same days as my barn commitment.  Oh well.  It was flattering to e asked. Ca, I'm sending new job juju your way Smile

rg-  glad you got your run in ok,  I hate running on the roads in winter, drivers seem to way less considerate in bad weather.

Zorbs-  enjoy your run, are you getting a dump of snow? Or has it alreasy passed?

Ca-  enjoy your night while the girls are w MIL. I love risotto!

Rr- heh! Maybe? Or I'll ski around the neighborhood. W the chariot.

Br-  stands more unassisted.  I want her to wait till after the 24th to take steps so I dont owe DH dinner lol.  We made a bet.  I think she'll walk in march, he said before his bday (feb 24) lol whoever is right Pays for date night lol.  Has a bottom molar coming in.  Has been a hot mess.

Dhr- has been home for over a week recuperating.  I think we're all ready for him to go back to work.  Otherwise he's doing ok.  Not 100% but getting there.  (Thanks for asking ernie)

ok.  Off to battle the awful drivers ( we're just getting the end of the storm)

Kantkatchme

Mer-  spin class is good for speedy turn over Smile. I would love to find a run club, actI ally I like running alone,  but for longer(ish) runs I like having people around so I am more acountable.  Plus I'm lazy so if they keep the pace I am more likely to keep it up.  Enjoy dinner out!  I like to wrap gift cards in overly large boxes and fill them with tissue.  Ha!  Or leave clues,  but that might not work in a restaurant.  I hate making A cry when I get upset with the dog. (Mostly it's for stealing As food off her tray).

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: going to run 2 on the TM next to RP who hasn't run in 4 weeks due to injury, then lifting legs. Might bring my swimsuit and do some hottubbing.

TR: Has been watching Scooby Doo- sounds more like Scoodidoo-boo when he says it Smile

FR: Last night was leftovers. DH didn't end up staying the night in Wenatchee after union negotiations, then showed up at home and asked where dinner was. Uh, we ate it like 2 hours ago, you can heat up a can of soup.

NRR: Really looking forward to the weekend. Life has been kinda crazy for us lately and I'm feeling a little bit disconnected from DH.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Does B need to have his nails cut? R is the aggressor at daycare usually.

RG- its 35 and rainy here, after the couple of warm days all the snow is gone but its a disgusting muddy mess out there now.

CA- are you making a walk-in closet?

Mer- I'm a morning person, so I would probably meet up with the group. I like running solo but usually for shorter runs like 6-7 miles or less.  I have been having a hard time with R being defiant. I am finding that if I can get him to look me in the eye (which usually means holding his face), I can explain to him what I want and what the consequence for non-compliance is.

Kant-  Do you do english style riding or more western style? I have a friend that does dressage and another that is a competitive barrel racer.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - just as long as the ILs don't overstay their welcome, right? B is getting tall too, but he won't let me measure him.

mer - I'd go to the running club.  Any chance to meet new RPs is great!

'

kant - uh, don't jinx us with snow..I think we are supposed to get <5cm on Monday and that's it.

CA - do you ever do 1 legged squats? if that doesn't wake up your glutes nothing will.

spike - yes B totally needs his nails cut and I'm almost sure that's how he got the scratch on his nose.  Now I have Crazy Bitch stuck in my head, thanks to you. :P

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- at least it's a good song

runnergirl9508

zorbs- have a good run/ST workout today! how has your shoulder been feeling? hmmm, weird on B's scratch. Yeah, the IL's are staying thru Monday morning, which is a night longer than I would prefer, but oh well. maybe they'll be gone by the time I get home from bootcamp/PT that day.

CA- whoo hoo for a speedy run- don't you just love those?! I agree- one legged squats and side step-ups are great for waking up those glutes. Aww, so sweet about M and the valentines. Ooooh, both girls at gma's tonight- how awesome! I'm making broccoli risotto to go with dinner tonight- I love risotto! Have fun with the demo.

Mer- I'd say go for the spin class, since you definitely enjoy it and it's still winter crappy weather anyways. Once it gets nice outside you can drop spin and add that 5th day of running back in. Oh, I'd definitely meet up with the group- 7am is usually when I start my LR's on the weekend in the winter. A couple of friends asked me to run with them last weekend, but they weren't starting until 9:30- no way! By then I'm home, showered and onto whatever activities we have going on for the weekend. Aw, sorry about the defiance.

Kant- happy Friday! bummer that the pay isn't worth the effort for the job. yes, drivers are dicks in winter weather- they don't move over an inch. crossing my fingers that A doesn't walk til the 25th Wink  Glad that your DH is on the mend- is he back to work next week?

spike- enjoy the hot tub after your workout! lol on Scooby doo- that's cute. yeah, that would have been my reply to DH too- you didn't update me to let me know you were going to be home for dinner, so here's some soup. Hope you and DH have a good weekend together. I'm looking forward to those first muddy-leg runs in shorts!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - spinning is a great workout! I don't like to give up my runs either though. Wow, just think how early you'll be done your run though!

kant - hope the teaching thing works itself out, if it's meant to be, it will, right? Ha on the walking bet! UGH, we've had molars coming in too, they're horrible.

spike - sounds like a good workout planned tonight! Hope you can have a nice relaxing weekend w/ DH. Yup, tearing down the his/hers regular ones and building a walk in!

zorbs - I do single legged squats, but i'll try to work them in more often. I've been doing more KB swings lately and they've really been making my legs sore in a good way!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Kantkatchme

Spike- I ride / teach English. some students are at a dressage barn.  The new position is at a hunter/ jumper barn.  It's the competition for my old boss. Ha.

I hope you have a nice weekend w DH.  Cute about scooby

zorbs-  oops!  I thought we were only going to get 5cm and I swear there is more then a foot on the deck.

Rg- I hope it doesn't feel like the IL's over stay.  Do they give you and DH time to yourselves?

Ca-  enjoy your demolition!