Womens Running

Feels Like Friday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

...and it is!!

Hooray! Yippee! Woohoo! Although 4:30am on Friday not so much.

Off to gym then off to Michigan State to meet / greet / bring free food to the student reporters at the campus paper, then lunch with SUSAN!, then a departmental career fair. The woman who was supposed to go with me is sick and I'm not taking my intern who today is her last day (although in retrospect that seems like it would have been a good idea). After 1.5 weeks she's leaving me.. Got a fulltime job at Google. I gueessss it's understandable. Ha!

Yesterday we looked out and had a whiteout, then it started to rain, and has continued.  streets are flooded, thank goodness stayed above freezing or we could be holding speed skating events out there. super windy today which is good-will pick up the moisture.

Judy-hope you are set for squishing for the year.

Ginny-you're tougher than any bug.  get it out of there.

Carol-screw those screw shoes!!

Laura-would be nice to add sun to your list.

Sue-70 would be nice to run outside in. are you training for another tri? I'm guessing yes but not sure.

Marjorie-poor Hammie!  considering that the Great Lakes were over 90% frozen this will be a severe spring for flooding.

Karen-you'll get back there or enjoy the PR's as you move onto your adventure in tri-land!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, yes, I am set for squishing for the year. I got the message in less than 24 hours after the test. It is great to learn the results right away. I went to the hospital for the mam because the technicians have been on the rough side out in the suburb where I was going for years. At the hospital, they are GOOD at getting the job done quickly and more comfortably.

Thursday I came home and did the 50 minute  run/cardio DVD workout. I needed to work on the big crock pot of soup. Today I'll do the same workout, peel the potatoes and start the soup to cook all night. Crock pots are wonderful. 

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Enjoy your lunch with Susan!!!  This weather is    I agree - screw the screw shoes!

Judy - Nice that the report is good, and booo on the technicians that are rough.  Enjoy your soup.

Had Aly all day yesterday and had so much fun.  She loves to shop so off we went for a some Nonny/Aly shopping time!  No running but lots of lifting a 36 pound weight in and out of the car seat!  Planning on a few miles today, and then some serious domestic x-training.

LCruns - did you start Marathon training yet????

Hi to All!

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

11 miles on tap for tonight. Hoping this rain they are predicting moves through before 5 p.m.

I probably mentioned before that my parent's were thinking about coming to Boston for the marathon. I figured once they saw the drive time (20 hours each way) they would change their minds. My dad has always been afraid of flying and hated it, and hasn't flown since 9/11. Said if he needed to get somewhere he'd just drive. Well yesterday he emailed me their flight itinerary for Boston. My daddy is facing his fears and getting on a plane to come to the Boston Marathon! DH pointed out that he's flying to one of the airports involved in 9/11, to an event that was hit by a bomb last year.....I told him not to mention those things to my dad! I just can't get over it though, this is huge for my dad and I can't believe he's doing it. For me. Almost makes my cry.

Lisa, have a great day! And say hi to Susan for us!! Glad the temps are warm enough that you don't have to speed skate over to MSU.

Judy, excellent news on the squishing. My last one I think the technician was taking out some of her frustrations on me.

Carol, that sounds like some fun XT - shopping with a toddler for cardio and child-lifting for weight training.

Alright, I'm off to get some work done. I try to get in a little early most mornings so I can catch up on the internet a little before digging in. PowerPoints, here I come.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen.....not surprised at all that your Dad is willing to face his fears and fly to see his daughter run the Boston Marathon!  We parents are so darn proud of our children, do almost anything for them!  So happy for you and it is almost making me cry too!!!    It is all too exciting!!!

Lisa...we are getting the same weather here.  Snow is melting pretty quicky and very windy here today too.

Feeling pretty good today, but did not run.  Babysitting tonight for DS so he and wife can go out to celebrate their anniversary....these are the twin's parents, so wish me luck!  Had lunch with DD today too, good day!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

7.2 again. I've added a day back in as I continue to go back to normal.  So 6 days a week versus 5. I used to do 7 so getting there. And, paces are holding

Lisa he actually doesn't mind the wipe downs. But he hates we don't let him lay in the grass.   I am anticipating lots of flood rorts

hi Judy and Carol

Karen how sweet of your dad!

Ginny good luck with the twins

It it is now raining. But, looks like the damaging storms will miss us. Bad thing with a dog that goes to the pool is he will stay put in the rain forever. Good thing is he will go out and pee but he is soaked as he just acts like it is no big deal getting wet.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Recovery has been going great, except I think I caught a UTI, so I will be checking it on monday and will probably get a prescription.  Other than that, recovery has been better than expected.

Lisa, have fun!

judy,good news on the squishing (ouch, BTW).

Biker, sounds like fun.

Karen, sounds like progress for your dad.  So nice of him to go see you run it.

Ginny, enjoy the babysitting duty.

Marjorie, nice run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi all,

Just a quick visit.... very tired (teaching three classes this term and trying to keep two international projects going, two student groups, and research).  Had a really nice visit with Lisa today.  Miss chatting with all of you (good to get updates from Lisa today).  Will try to pop in when I can!  Hugs to all!

Karen, no speed skating, but all Lisa needed was a sail and she could have done some windsurfing across campus today.

Susan

Susan did say "hi!" to all!  Was fun to catch up with her and to eat on campus.  Dorm food it ain't anymore.

Super windy (50 mph gusts) here and ice on the side streets is crazy.  Main roads fine except for...

POT HOLES!! Who else has monster pot holes this year?  OMG.. I keep apologizing to my car. Out loud. Seriously. Glad I didn't have to drive downtown as 2 main freeways were down to one lane in parts because police had lanes closed due to pot holes and all of the cars with tire/wheel damage.  Crazy.

Did my upper body workout this morning and elliptical. After all day recruiting dd and I went to rec center and we ran a mile and biked for 30 minutes. Having a glass of wine and passing out. Whipped.

Judy-your soup sounds wonderful.

Karen-so cool that dad is flying out! and that you think it's cool!

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, I can see you with a parasail gliding across campus!

Karen, we laugh, but for many parents there isn't much they wouldn't do for their children.

Judy, glad you got the results back already.

Damaris, UTI? Ugh.