Womens Running

Wear green Monday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 9K with Amy.  -14C temps in mid March is ridiculous.

KR - didn't eat any bday cake, but ate the 4 oreos that were the wheels of his fire truck cake.  finally crashed from the high around 9:30 and fell asleep while I was reading him a book.

FR - veggie omelets, potatoes.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 13k with 5 x 600 at 5k pace. I am trying to figure out a route that won't be too hilly or too windy, but that might be mission impossible. I ran just over 80 km last week, which I am quite pleased with, even though it was short of the 88 km I was supposed to run.

TR - Missed her nap yesterday because we were on the go all day, and ate too much chocolate, so was a bit of a grumpy pants. When I was driving home last night, she was having a total meltdown in the backseat because she wanted to take all her clothes off and obviously couldn't while strapped into her car seat.

FR - Chicken parmesan, pasta, broccoli.

NRR - Community centre this morning for drop in play. No other plans. It is -23C here and I want to scream, because spring is clearly never, ever coming.

~~~~

zorbs - Supposedly it is going to warm up starting tomorrow. But I don't trust it not to just get freezing again a few days later. B's birthday cake looked really cool!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  4 or 5 after work.  Has to be quick.  Had a really good 10.5 miler this weekend.  Explored new streets that i have never been on.  Found a beautiful house for sale.  Looked it up when I got home and the price tag matches the beauty!

BR:  Well, the doctor said that he thought H had two different bouts of the stomach flu.  I didn't believe him....until yesterday when

TR:  J puked all over the place at Target.  Sigh.  He's been puking ever since.  DH spent the night with him in his room so I could sleep and take care of H when needed.  Poor guy.  DH told me that J asked if Mama could hold him when she got home from work.

NRR:  Had a decent weekend before the puking started.  Saturday was low key.  We were supposed to have friends over but they backed out because they weren't feeling the best.  Sunday we went to church, had Panera for lunch, and hit Old Navy.  I got a new outfit.  Best part was silly sales guy forgot to ring up the pants.  Score!  Can't wait to wear it.

FR:  Lasagna was really good this weekend.

BBL.  Bell rang.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD.

KR - was really tired and tantrummy yesterday, called me 'bad mommy' and almost hit me at one point.  It's totally unlike her.  Hopefully she had a good sleep and is happier today.  She's having dinner at gma's house after school and swimming today.

BR - still snotty and coughing but sending her to daycare as long as she's not worse when she wakes up.  I think she's also teething her incisors.

FR - leftover pork chops.  I had planned a freezer meal but since M is not home, we'll just clear out some leftovers.

NRR - cabinets are up in our bedroom closet.  I've moved back most of my hanging clothes, and now we just have to organize everything else.  Our room is a mess and I'm very behind on laundry.  My house is just chaotic in general since I also still don't have a china cabinet.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - B's birthday cake looked awesome.  Ugh on the cold temps.

ernie - nice work on the mileage!  -23??? that's completely ridiculous.

mer - aww poor boys and the flu!  That's so nice that DH slept with him.  Hope everyone feels better soon.

RR- Half marathon yesterday, ran 1:32:59. I think  need to run another 10k sometime =) last one I ran was 9 weeks after son was born.. Splits 5k 22:02, 10k 43:55, 15k 1:05:20 10 mile 1:10:25 .. brutal headwind the last 4 miles, and big hill at mile 12. Looking to run some miles today, maybe swim... we'll see how the day goes

BR- long day for little man yesterday, race was 2 hrs away, and then he was spectating with friends, followed by drive home and going out to lunch with friends.  He went to bed at 10:30 and slept tll 4am and downed a bottle.

FR- not sure yet... may need to go to store.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Rest day. Super windy- its whistling around my house in a particular way that it sounds like R crying on the other side of the house so I couldn't sleep. I haven't ran a race since August and have been only running about 10 mpw. I lift 2x a week and I feel like I'm having a hard time fitting it all in.

TR: Was a sweetie this weekend.

FR: No idea, and I forgot to thaw meat. I really need to work on eating something vegetarian occasionally and should probably watch my calories.

NRR: Still feeling sad about the conversation with DH on Thursday and him not wanting more kids. During the pub crawl  on Saturday I made a comment about how we should go on a cool vacation for our 30th bdays next year and he was very dismissive. If I can't have more babies, I want to take vacations dammit. I think we are going to have to revisit our conversation.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- who did the cake? It was cute.

Ernie- I'm jealous of your community center. Anything kid-related here is geared to SAHMs and everything is in the middle of the day.

Mer- I'm too honest, when I realize that I didn't get charged for something, I go back in and pay for it (as long as I realize it in time). Sorry about the puking, that sucks!

CA- did you do Ikea cabinets? I think the cabinets look awesome but it wouldn't work in my space. Do you store all your dishes in the china hutch? We have a buffet in the dining room but there's not really anything in it.

E_rainrun- you are wicked fast!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

E_rain - wowsers, speedy half!!  Great job!

spike - I have Rubbermaid closet hangers on the one side where our clothes hang, and then bought Ikea cabinets for the other - they have a less deep option that you wouldn't fit hanging clothes, but that you can get drawers and shelving for, I don't have room for hanging on both sides, but the cabinets leave a ton of space for drawers and folded sweaters, etc.  My hutch had all our nice glassware plus bibs, and kids face wiping clothes, a bunch of craft stuff, etc.  Mostly it's a mess because I'm hoping to also put a desk into the dining room, but can't buy anything until the hutch is in because I don't know how much space I'll have, and my paperwork has been piling up and I haven't really done anything about it because I'm waiting to get the desk to organize it into.  Sorry about not seeing eye to eye w/ DH on kids.  My dh would have been fine with 1 or no kids, but knew how important it was to me - before having any kids he never realized how much he'd love being a dad though, so he's very glad that he went with my wishes.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - seems odd to be doing such short repeats? On accuweather.com they have a monthly forecast, where they clearly just randomly make shit up for anything past 2 weeks, because it showed 13 and sunny for ATB day 15 days out from the race and then changed it to 4 and mixed precip yesterday, which is 14 days out.

mer - sorry about the puking.  Of course beautiful houses will have a horrendous price tag.  Or else you wonder what is wrong with the house.

CA - last night at bedtime B told DH to go away (also unlike him) and DH accused me of poisoning his mind.

e_rain - amazing PR!

spike - yikes, wind that sounds like kid cries is creepy! MIL made the cake, but the tutorial is from a youtube vid that B randomly found and watches all the time.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

zorbs - I have to agree.  B's firetruck cake was really cool.  I found a bulldozer made of cupcakes that we are going to try to put together for J's party.  If you saw the area I was running in, it would make sense about the house.  It has everything from 500K to 50k on one 1/2 mile stretch.  I guess from the outside, I didn't expect what I saw on the inside.  It helps that it was on a 2.5 acre wooded lot and less than 1/2 mile from the lake.  Taxes were nuts too.

ernie - I second the screaming about the temps.  I am so over it.  I refuse to run if it is too cold.  I am done trying to be badass and run in those temps.  It. just. sucks.

CAR - How was the work social on Friday?

e_rain - That is a crazy fast half!  Good for you.  Did you place at all?

spike - I have been thinking a lot about your post from Thursday.  It took DH a while to "bond" with J, but our situation is different because he is the primary care taker during the school year.  Anyway, I have seen those two bond SO MUCH since H was born.  Because, naturally, I have H all the time.  Its to the point where it makes me a little sad that he wants DH and not me.  I will say, that it took me a while with H.  There was just something that I didn't feel 100% connected, but that has passed.  Maybe the reason your DH can't see himself bonding with R is because, in a way, he hasn't been forced to.  We as moms really don't have a choice and it just happens.  Your DH works a lot and does a lot outside of the house so when would he really have time?  I hope you don't take what I am saying offensively.  Because I am truly not.  That is a hard place to be in.  I remember going to book club one night after J got kicked out of daycare and one of the girls announcing that she was pg for the second time.  I went home that night and cried because I didn't think I would have that opportunity again.  I think you and him do need to revisit that conversation and tell him how your are feeling after hearing what he said.  Regardless, sending you a big hug.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

RR: bootcamp + 5.5 miles this morning. Felt great and wanted to run longer, but I had to be at a PT client's house.

TR: was a good boy this weekend. Counted to 20 yesterday! Had a blast drawing all over a ginormous cardboard box with markers and jumping on it.

NRR: started clearing out the guest room, which is going to be R's big boy room. We have to demo it down to the studs, since there's no insulation in the walls, and we need to run new wiring as well as replace the windows. It will keep us busy for the new few weeks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- the cake was awesome! Lol on him only eating the oreos. It was 10*F here this morning, with a windchill of 4. Ugh- normally it's about 40F this time of year! Can't wait for it to warm up and stay warm.

Ernie- hope the speed work went well this morning! Nice job on last week's mileage! Ha on S wanting to take her clothes off in the car. R hasn't quite mastered undressing himself yet- fortunately. I agree- I told DH yesterday that I feel like i'll never get warm again.

Mer- have a good run today! Oh no on your poor boys having the stomach bug Sad  Nice of DH to stay up with J and let you sleep/take care of H. I hope they're both feeling better soon, and you and DH stay healthy. Yay for a new outfit from ON! I have some rewards cash I have to use up there.

CA- enjoy your RD! Hope that M is in better spirits after preschool today, and that O is feeling better too. Hooray for getting stuff in your closets. I love knowing that everything has its place.

E-rain- WOW- great job on your race!! You're going to smash your PR in Boston. Have you run Boston before? I ran it once, in 2010, and plan to go back in a few years when the kiddos are older. Glad that DS did well with the spectating yesterday. Race days are long ones for the spectators as well as the runners. Did your DH run too?

spike- awww hugs!!! I'm sorry that the conversation with DH left you feeling down. And I agree- you should go on some kickass vacations!!! Ugh on the wind- it gets windy here too in the spring time, fortunately it's not usually really bad in the mornings. But if I wait to run until later in the day it's awful.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

mer - I like "house hunting" like that when I am running, too. Sometimes I find really nice house and make DH go look at them, even though we aren't really planning on moving. Ugh, sorry about the stomach flu going through your house. Hope everyone is healthy again soon.

CA - Boo on the grumpy kid yesterday. That is not fun for anyone. Sounds like your closet is really coming along! Good luck on getting everything organized. I am terrible at keeping the house organized.

e-rain - Amazing job on your half, speedy mama! Ha ha, yes, I think you just might be able to beat your 10k time if you raced another one now.

spike - Yes, the conversation with DH should definitely be revisited again. And again. As many times as it takes, really. Most of the our community centre stuff is during the daytime too, so don't be too jealous!

rg - Way to go R on the counting! S thinks she can count to 20, but really she counts to 12 and then yells "Twenty!" and claps for herself. That sounds like a pretty big reno project on the room. Weird that it has no insulation now! Is it part of an addition that the previous owners didn't finish or something?

zorbs - I have no idea whether the shorter repeats are weird but I have a lot of them this month and I am happy because I like them so much more than tempo runs! I keep checking the long range forecast and I should really stop, because it just makes me angry. The temperature creeps above zero, and then plummets below. Repeat, over and over. Hopefully it isn't -20 for ATB.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

RR -did easy bob run to a play date. Bundled up K.

Thanks everyone! The half yesterday was a "post baby" PR.  decided to ignore past PRs, not sure if I'll ever hit them again, too mentally frustrating...

My old marathon PR was 3:06:19 ran it in Chicago 2009...

NRR. -1deg C seems warm compared to what some of you are experiencing! eeek!

Mer- hope little ones feels better soon! I placed 42nd in age group, I was maybe 8th? female finisher for our running club. and there was less than 2600 in the race!  DH ran too, he ran a 1:23:50, and was 87th in age group... it was a fast field!!!!

Zorbs - Oreos are awsome!

Emie - I totally don't trust the forcast any more... but can only hope its going to warm up soon.

CA- Laundry is soo hard to stay on top of.. Yayabout the cabinets! K, and friends baby were a little out of sorts today.  wondering if it's the full moon. fingers crossed for some sleep tonight!

Spik -Hugs! that is a tough conversation to have.

Rg -awww, cute about the counting! I ran Boston in 2010 too!!! I've run it 2006-2012, was pregnant last year, and back at it this year.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2