Womens Running

Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat Thursday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

In keeping with the Looney Tunes theme..

Tessa-seems odd that you could run on it and have it really... oh wait.  I concur that best to have it looked at. (says the woman who did 2 marathons on the torn meniscus and then took a year off)  Was good.. talking to 2 sr directors today. woman on Tuesday seemed impressed with weight loss and running story.  I'd recruit me. Just needs to be worthwhile for a move. DD mixed on this because of forensics.

Marjorie-I prefer non-chain restaurants although they can sometimes be an adventure...or leave you with no ice cream (ask Karen about that)

Karen-living through a live implementation not fun, when it doesn't work.  hope you get it worked out.  Aww.. the memory of non-chain ice cream search.  I still chuckle about my directive for finding the shoreline in Jersey..."drive east!"  And I can still see the rolling eyes from you and Veronica when I said that. Non-chain ice cream and actually seeing the ocean when near it.  I have simple needs.

Damaris-yeah for recovering!

Sue-bummer on the bruised toe

Vicki-"easy running"... learning to enjoy that phrase again.  hope you enjoy yours.

Judy-we will miss you and appreciate the heads up.  we may have come looking for you otherwise! enjoy!

Ginny-we do need to get together... especially if Allentown move is coming.

Lisa

ginnyb

Lisa....did I miss something?   Move to Allentown?  I do skim posts at times!

I am really starting to doubt being able to do the Half in Cleveland in May.  This shin splint is killing me, now I am thinking stress fracture, I hope not. Should go to doctor and find out, but I really don't want to know!   Had such a good run Monday and now this.  Seems I take one step forward these days and then fall back.  Silly thing is I want to go out for a run even with the pain and see what happens.  We are crazy aren't we??????  Today is pouring rain anyway, I just hope, hope that shin starts to feel better, but feeling down.

Tessa.....You have my attitude about injury!

Good morning to all.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, it sounds like you could use a doc visit for the shins. :::HUGS:::

Still not exercising. It takes forever to clear out the lungs with this. I try to sleep sitting up to minimize the cough.

Today I am going to try and work about 3 hours. We shall see how that goes.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! Yesterday's run (8 w/ 5x600 at 5K pace) went amazingly well. I started out really tired from 3-4 days of crappy sleep and thinking no way could I run fast, even 600 meters at a time. But I did them all and they were shockingly faster than I thought I was running - a couple I even slowed down a little on purpose half way through! Maybe that means good things for the 5K I'm running Saturday (last "tune-up race" in Boston training). Just 6 easy miles on the schedule tonight. Hopefully before the predicted rain moves in. Friday I'm taking my comp day from working over the weekend and just planning on getting a million errands done. Including packing up my boots and winter stuff for the year. And buying groceries. And spring cleaning. And I'm looking forward to it. I'm quite the fun-loving person, aren't I?

Lisa, so this job would require a move? I guess if I'd thought about it more I'd have realized that. I will say that the east coast would love to have you out here (although just my luck, you'd move out here and we'll end up heading to Texas) and PA has some wonderful trails and ultras. And if it does happen, I'm glad I got my Detroit marathon in when I did!

Ginny, hate to say it, but you might want to get the shin checked out. Shin splints are normally in both legs, so if it's just one leg it may be a stress fracture. When you run, does the pain go away (shin splints) or get worse (stress fracture)? If you jump up and down, is the pain sharp (stress fracture) or does that not bother it much (shin splints)? I hope it's nothing and miraculously goes away.

Feel better Judy!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good Morning!  Just did some core exercises this morning.  Skipped spin class, didn't want to aggravate the sore toe.  Better today.

Tessa--If they thing there is a fracture, you really need to stop and have it checked.  Wink

Smile

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

Just back from 5 chilly miles with one of my running buddies.  I have today and tomorrow off, my first paid days off since starting my new job 6 months ago (well, not including the Xmas holiday)!  Much needed break for me.  The kids are home this week, we're going to do some shopping today (the boys are not super excited lol).  Tomorrow is my DD's 12th birthday, so we're going to the local hotel/pool to stay the night.  My mom's coming down for that, too.  Should be fun!

Ginny - sorry to hear about your shin, definitely get it checked.  I had one year where my shin hurt and I was certain it was a stress fx.  Ended up being 'anterior tibial tendonitis", I did have to cut back a bit, but icing and wrapping it helped a lot and it eventually went away.

Lisa - good luck with the job.  It might be fun to move to PA, though I dont' know if you'd get less snow there lol

Karen - enjoy your day off Friday.  I really should get some housecleaning done at some point this weekend, too!

Hi Sue - I really need to try a spin class.

Tessa and Judy - good healing vibes to you both!

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, I'd hire you too. And I'm sure they have forensics teams in PA also. How would DH feel about moving?

Amen to all on the non-chain restaurants. We will drive all over a strange town looking for a non-chain, rather than go into the Cracker Barrel or Denny's sitting by the offramp. I've had some good meals (and a few bad ones) that way.

Ginny, fellow gimp, please do go to the doctor and get it checked out. There are so many things that can be an issue with shins and you want to rule out the serious ones.

And on that note, yes I am going to the doctor, although the word from the radiologist was "we cannot definitively rule out a hairline fracture" and I suspect that with my history there are probably a few calcifications and thickness variations where I injured the knee previously and the bone healed with a bit more buildup.

Judy, hope you feel better soon.

Karen, nice run, hope you have a good day off.

Susan, glad the toe is feeling better.

Laura, it woudl be nice if vacation days could be portable like retirement accounts are.

No run this morning, RN texted last night to say she was going to the gym to do speedwork this morning. I woke up at 4 and decided I could sleep 30 minutes longer and rest the knee. The knee got no rest when I shot out of bed at 5 AM, swearing mightily. I did make the 5:36 bus and I'm not counting the 150 yards of speedwalking across the park & ride lot as mileage, but I am going to the gym today.

ginnyb

Going to my family doctor tomorrow morning.  He is a runner also, so let's see what he thinks.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Need to go pick up my shoes at the cobbler. May wait until tomorrow.

Tessa hope there isn't a fracture

Ginny good luck at the docs

Laura hope your temps warm up soon!

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon, ladies!  Another busy day here, bah!  Woke up at 5:30am to run 12.25 miles this morning before working from home (man, I'm dedicated, ha!).  I still have to do my pushups and situps, but otherwise, I'm done (in more ways than one, LOL).

Tessa, hope it's not a fracture!

Lisa, thanks for the Looney Tunes reference.

Ginny, I am sorry about the shin pain.  Ugh.

Judy, good luck with the 3 hours!

Karen, nice workout!

Sue, hope the toe feels better.  Nice core workout.

LC Runs, nice run.  Yay for days off.

Marjorie, glad to see your miles back to where they were.

Have a great rest of the day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

2 more long phone calls down.  We'll see. Sounds much like what I have now but the focus would be different  because of their brands and a raise.  Location is sort of a plus too.  I may have not posted but there is a move for DH also.  One of the former Roush subsidiaries I staffed has had its inventory maintained by him here in Detroit.  The co-owner bought his share out of Roush and offered DH a manager role to run the warehouse ... in New Hampshire.  Wouldn't be much of a pay raise because of cost of living but would be a confidence boost for him that could help us both in long run. That's why PA would put us closer to him.  It is funny because they know me so well, I hired most of them and worked closely with the owner. That's not until August.

Enough of me.

I did run 4.2 this morning before work. Keeping the Running Gods happy.

Lisa