Womens Running

(Over 40) Strong women weekend (Read 20 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

no run this am. Puppy pool today.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Happy Weekend!

4.2 outside, 3 degrees.  At least the sun was shining.  Boys' soccer games today and taking DD to buy a birthday present for a party tomorrow.  Nothing too exciting lol

Tessa - I was up in plenty of time for work   I probably could have squeezed in a workout but was just too lazy.  Sorry about DH continued health woes.

Marjorie - enjoy the puppy pool!

Karen - glad you got to work from home.  I wish my job was like that.  They don't much care about our safety, just meeting deadlines.

Damaris - thinking of you!

Hello Camille, Carol, Ginny, Judy, Lisa, Sue, Gatsby and everyone I may have missed!! 

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Back home after surgery.  The surgery itself went well, except the anesthesia gave me BP of 200/100 and an asthma attack.  It was weird waking up from anesthesia to four people working over me giving me albuterol and putting meds in me and stuff.  Oh, well.  BP is almost normal now.  The other not so good thing was that I had endometriosis but since it was attached to the bladder wall the doctor could not take it out.  So I might need more hormonal treatments later.

I am in pain but otherwise OK.  26 days until I can run. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Hi all,

Got in an hour easy on the bike and 4 miles on the TM. 3 minutes after I finished running, the power went out. Guess it's good I got it done when I did. It came back on about 1/2 hour later, but what a pain. Now I'm trying to figure out how and where I'm going to run tomorrow's 16 with 10 at marathon pace without getting run over by traffic or falling on my butt.

Damaris, glad you made it through surgery - now the countdown to getting back to running!

Cold and yucky out today, followed by more of the same tomorrow. I'm kinda glad they canceled the marathon tomorrow.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Tessa, I'm sorry you're still having such a tough time.  I hope the AB's give him quick relief.  My mom had a UTI about 10 days ago and was a bit confused  until the AB's kicked in-much better now.  I hope you got in a nice long run today.

Marjorie,  I'm glad you didn't have much ice. It was very pretty, but  a real pain.

Karen, it's too bad that your race tomorrow is cancelled.  Be careful out there tomorrow.  BTW, I took that Sesame Street quiz and am a Count, too.  Funny...anyone who sees my house wouldn't describe me as OCD.  : )

Laura, lazy isn't a word I'd use to describe you!

Gatsby, how is your trip planning coming? Isn't it only a month away?

Cindy, do you still have snow?  DD in Chapel Hill said they had nearly 12" over a couple days. She had to walk 4-5 mi home the day it started-sounds like NC was caught about like Atlanta was a couple weeks ago.

Demaris, it's good to hear from you!  I'm glad you're OK now.

The snow is gone on southern slopes (still on north), roads are clear and the sun is shining nicely.  I'm back at the cabin and big news-I ran a mile today!  It was nice to be out.  The plan is to gradually increase to 2 mi over a 2 week period.  It felt OK, but we'll see how tomorrow morning is.

Late weekend greetings to everyone!  DH, I and some RC friends went up to Auburn (2.5 hours northeast) early this morning for a training run on the Western States trail.   It was an "official" organized 20 mile run, which actually ended up being 22 miles, except for my friend and I, who missed a turn and did 24 miles.  Whoops.   One of our club members will be running WS but the run was open to anyone so we all went up together.  Best of all, there was a big breakfast afterwards with eggs bacon, sausage and pancakes (although calling it "breakfast" is a bit of a misnomer since we finished around 2:00).  Can't imagine doing 100 miles there but the 24 miles was a good challenge on a great trail.

Tessa, saw yesterday that your DH was suffering from a UTI.  Hopefully you got the antibiotics today and relief is on the way.

Marjorie, hope you and the pups and a nice day at the pool.

LC, 3 degrees?!  Wow!

Damaris, glad surgery went okay, although the high BP and asthma afterwards sounds scary.  Get well soon!

Karen, be careful out there for your LR tomorrow!

Camille, great to hear you got out for a mile run today!  We're leaving for Antarctica on March 1!  I've sort of tried out each piece of gear, but haven't had an opportunity to do so in conditions remotely resembling what we'll see there (temps could be anything from 0-35, might be snow/ice/mud/wind).  Our "worst" weather in NorCal in the past two months was a weekend of rain, so I tried out the tights, wool socks and windbreaker then (and was entirely too hot).  I've worn my wool shirt before, which I'll be layering with a technical shirt or two.  Have gloves, polarfleece hat and buff, which I haven't tried before so hoping it will be okay.  Today I tried my Gu "flask" for the first time on my LR today (all nutrition has to be in containers and not original wrappers due to litter concerns) and it was okay -- I don't love it but it will do.  So long story short, we are getting ready!

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Near easy pace. Most of it was but I faded off some. That is okay. I will take it.  Pleased my paces finally have recovered.

Puppy  pool was good.Hammy  just loves it.  Today dh is off to get his tires looked at. two of them look low to me. I'd guess they need replaced

Laura 3 degrees?  Yuck

Damaris hope you are feeling better today

Karen probably good they cancelled. When is your next race?

Camille ke hope the hip feels good after the run!

Gatsby great 24 even if unintentional.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Got the run done. I ran over to the neighborhood next to mine. The houses and lots are bigger, with a lot of 3 and 4 car garages, so hardly anyone parks on the street. And they don't have sidewalks so the cars are used to seeing people walking and running. I started my MP miles at mile 4, so I'd be done with them at mile 14 and then have 2 miles to not worry about pace getting back to my house on busy roads and icy sidewalks. The first 14 miles were awesome, sunny and about 35 degrees, and m MP miles averaged 8:05, which was faster than I'd planned. But those last two miles? Miserable. I got slower and slower and more and more sore and I just wanted to get home.

I did our taxes before the run and will have to file tonight once I give them one more look. We're getting a tiny bit back, so planned pretty well, I guess. Mostly dumb luck - we certainly weren't planning for unemployment and a job switch!

Camille, squee!!!!!! You ran a mile! I hope things are feeling good today and you can start to slowly come back.

Gatsby, nice run. Liked the pics on facebook, looked nice.

Marjorie, nice to see you getting back to "normal". I put normal in quotes because your normal is not the same as most of the world. My next races - I have a couple 5Ks, a 10 miler and a duathlon in late March and April, but those are mostly going to be done as training runs or practice races to figure out pace for Boston. Next big race is Boston, then a half marathon in my hometown a month later.

Hope DH gets cleaned up from his ride soon. Is it wrong that I'm ready to go to dinner and it's only 4:30?

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Sunday!  Nice long walk with DH instead of running today.  Followed by grocery shopping, laundry, and yardwork.  Should do more with the day but feeling kind of lazy now...

Marjorie, have to agree with Karen that your "normal" is not most people's normal when it comes to running, but glad to see that you're back to your usual double digits.  Hammy play with the purple octopus yesterday?

Karen, that's a speedy MP!   Before moving out to HMB, we lived in Redwood City next to Atherton, so I used to run in Atherton around the mansions and big shady trees instead of Redwood City.  Fewer cars, wider streets, and much safer (and nicer)!

Hope everyone is enjoying the day.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

HI

Enjoying the weekend.  No race, so I did an easy 3 miles yesterday and 9 this morning with my running buds.  Catching up on errands, sewing and chores.  So excited to have tomorrow off.  I love federal holidays.

Damaris--hope you are on the mend.  Take it easy a few days.

Gatsby bird---Antarctica????  Did I miss something??

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Haha. Yes Gatsby. He loves the octopus. He tries to take it home every week. Yesterday he tried to hide it under one of the deck chairs. When that didn't work he tried to bury it in his towels. He was very upset when we took it and put it on the shelf.

Marjorie

camille2

Marjorie, I think your pup needs his own purple octopus. : ) Sounds like a smart pup!  Nice double digits also.

Gatsby, I'm getting excited for you and am getting anxious to hear a full report and see pics.  How long is the trip?

Karen, thanks. I have to say, it was a sweet mile.  Hip/groin isn't quite normal, but also isn't bad today. I think I may just have to live with it. Are you off tomorrow?

It was sunny and fairly warm here today so I did an easy hike with a friend. She's off tomorrow and it should be nice again, so I think we may go tomorrow, too.

Hope everyone has a great week!