Womens Running

Thinking of Plants Thursday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Spring. We all need it. Badly.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, we are having issues at work also…kids and adults both causing issues. The kids have grossly permissive parents and I can't find anyone to blame for the adults.   I’m hoping it is just an indication of toxic cabin fever.

Shorter 35 minute run/cardio for Wednesday since I went out to dinner. Rigatoni. Yum!

Today will be a run/cardio session hopefully. I'd like to get in some TM running as well. We shall see.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

I did 4 yesterday since it was a great day here. Unfortunately, the great weather is over.

judy, it's cabin fever time.

Ginny, I'm sorry you had a rotten afternoon.

Marjorie, I only had one reviewer who was an idiot I argued with, but I often thought they focused on  odd things.  Sorry you had to deal with it.

Have a great day, everyone!

Anonymous Guest

During my commute this morning, I was thinking about the new pants I was wearing and how comfortable they were and wishing they had them in other colors besides black. So when I opened this thread, my mind read Thinking of Pants Thursday, and I thought "how does she know??????"

Last night I cut my bike ride short (40 minutes into the hour planned). I was tired and things hurt. I went to bed early but the dog woke me up several times last night so I'm still tired. I have 8 w/ 4@ HMP tonight. The RD for relay I'm supposed to run on Sunday said they are making a go/no go decision this afternoon, so if that is on, I'll probably only run 6 tonight (my leg of the relay is two miles farther than what is on my schedule). If they postpone the race, turns out they will run it the following Sunday. Right now I'm scheduled to fly to Houston that Sunday for the house. Assuming it will be ready by then - still no definite word on the delay with the gas line, but the builder keeps telling us not to cancel our trip, they still think they can make it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

4 miles on the TM this morning.

One more day of work tomorrow and then off until Wednesday!  I am going to Columbus to visit a friend, can't wait.  I am taking my workout clothes as she has a Planet Fitness close by, but not sure I will take advantage, we shall see.

Karen....are you kinda hoping that they postpone the race?  Hope your house is ready.

Camille...definitely cabin fever time.

Judy...hopefully it will get better when the weather improves and tax season is over!  Many are grumpy because the IRS is not giving us many forms this year and no instruction booklets.  I do not blame people for being upset, but they seem to think they can take it out on us.

Hi to all that follow.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, tell them to file the complaint directly with the IRS. Is the issue because they have to print the instructions themselves and that costs money? Can they go onto the IRS website and request that the forms and instructions be mailed to them?

Sorry you have rude kids and adults there, both Ginny and Judy. People should appreciate the availability of the public library.

Karen, hope the relay is a go this weekend. I would take some of your cooler weather. 84 this weekend! Just as we all do long runs as LAM training.

Lisa, enjoy boa weekend. I presume this is boa as in feather and not boa as in constrictor.

Damaris, that's one reason I would not want to work for the feds. I like teaching outside classes and frankly there have been times that the teaching income is all that has kept our family afloat. DH was unemployed for long stretches and even after going on Social Security at 62 he thought that his income was his and mine was to support the household.

Marjorie, hope your hamstrings feel better, sorry about the interrupted sleep. I thought DH was moving into a position that means he isn't going to be called out as much?

Camille, hope your great weather returns soon. Nice 4!

Judy, what are you planning to plant this year? You have a shady balcony, right?

Wednesday class had 8 people in it so it is a definite go. Keep me in your thoughts for the next 10 weeks!

2.75 this morning. I wanted to do more but there was no arguing with the need to stop. I will be out most of the day today again at meetings and am having my taxes done, then class, then choir practice. Fortunately I'm able to work from home tomorrow -- plumber is coming to fix the water heater which is peeing all over the garage floor. Then the dentist in the afternoon.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day.  My legs are a bit trashed from my last few runs so they need to rest today.  Maybe tomorrow. We will see.  I've improved my pace significantly and it isn't much effort now but the legs are playing catch up to the new demands.  They will be fine.  no injury just sore.

Took pups to their well doggie visit.  That was a long visit as just so much time for them to fill out paperwork etc.  Got their 3 year rabbies shots too.  Hammy needs to lose at least a pound.  Little porker has been eating more recently and it showed on the scale.  He has gained 3 pounds.

At least the Medicare people have been calm today and I have not had to fight with anyone.

Camille they all have their focus. These folks it is HIPAA. I can fully understand their concerns.  But we take this very seriously and have extensive training and policies in place.  What they were asking for is not correct and they just really do not understand what a business associate agreement is!

Karen it is so frustrating with moving and if it will all be ready or not.  Always things seem to rush at the last minute too.

Ginny hope the weather cooperates

Tessa he has moved into a position that he shouldn't get called much.  But he is still the only certified arson investigator and the fire was pretty massive.  He has guys that help him on the other 2 shifts but they don't have his training. They can do it but sometimes they need his specialization.  He has taken all the stuff to start an internal affairs office.  Police will do anything illegal but they need someone in the fire department for all the other stuff.  I think he still likes doing the investigation parts.  At least with the IA he will still be investigating.  Just a bit different.  I'd guess he keeps a handle on the fire stuff too as not many guys want to do it as it is a lot of work and extra (for not any more money) job duties.  Not anyone can do it either and they have not found anyone to do one of the shifts so he still handles that if needed.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Jud
                  Bikerchick1

Judy - Weird, my first post posted before I was done!  Yikes...anyhow hope people are just getting cabin fever and not just rude...tho, we know they are probably just rude Sad

Karen - Am surprised they will cancel the race!  The weather for the Ice Man half on Sunday is high of 4, with low of 6 below and wind chill somewhere around 20 below!!!  I think RD should cancel, but he won't.  Hope all gets worked out with your house!

Camille - Glad you had a nice 4 miles!

Ginny - Have a great trip away!

Tessa - Sounds like you are busy, as usual!

Marjorie - Glad that your new, faster pace is going good!

Quick check in this afternoon....I am mostly over my URI.. Been running, and tonight have cycle/yoga Smile  Feels so good, to feel good!  I am NOT doing the half I am signed up for on Sunday....Just recovering from the flu/Bronchitis figure it is NOT a good idea to go out and run for 2 plus hours in sub zero weather.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Made dh mini cheesecakes to take to work tomorrow. 18 are done. In freezer to set now then I can write the sayings on them with food coloring.

Here they are. Just like the conversation hearts.  The green and white are done too. Just not in the pic

Marjorie

LC Runs

6 TM miles for me today......I want spring and milder temps

Judy - I am with you on wishing for spring...so close yet seems so far.....!  Everyone has cabin fever around here, too.

Hi Camille - great 4 yesterday, glad you had some decent weather.  We're in a deep freeze right now...bleh

Karen - I think I am always tired   That is funny about the "plants/pants"!

Ginny - nice 4 - have fun with your friend!

Tessa - nice 2.75 - I want more time in the day, too.

Marjorie - sounds like you enjoyed your rest day, glad the doggies are doing well!

Carol - smart move, you should rest on Sunday, takes a long time to get over those darn coughs.  I still have a bit of one and I just had a cold (a month ago)!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

So cute!!

Marjorie