Womens Running

Winter begone Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 13 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER  - ST at the gym. Physio after work,. my IT band is a mess, my calves are totally trashed STILL from climbing up the toboggan hill and I have a trigger point in my lat that hurts whenever I turn.

TR - peed and pooped on everything in sight, underwear was a bad idea yesterday.

FR - fried noodles, veggies, tofu.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 16k with 10k @ HM pace. I'm pretty pumped up about the warmer weather, but this is going to be a hard run because my legs are already really tired from slogging through the snow yesterday.

TR - I was putting away clothes in the bedrooms last night, when I heard her shouting "Win car! win car!" from the living room. She had turned on the TV and was watching Wheel Of Fortune. I let her watch the rest of it, and she was so into it, shouting out letters, clapping and cheering the whole time.

FR - Roasted chicken, carrots, potatoes and parsnips.

NRR - Bad day for my hands and feet!  I jabbed a hole in my thumb while cleaning the blender yesterday and - horrors! - when I took off my nail polish last night, it appeared that I'm getting a black toenail. Nooooo! This has never happened to me before and I'm so grossed out,

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  In my perfect world I will do 5K and then spin.  In reality it will be just spin.

BR:  I wish he would be consistent with his sleeping.  Either we are sleeping good stretches or we aren't. Make up your mind.

TR:  We have poop in the bathtub.  I couldn't stop laughing.  DH's face was priceless.

NRR:  I am pretty boring right now.

FR:  Egg sandwiches on english muffins last night were pretty good.  Missed the ham though.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: heh. My pants are starting to get tight in some spots and lose in others- tight on my thighs above the knee and loose on the upper thigh, a little tighter in the upper butt region.

TR: Sucks at sharing, but very generous with sharing germs *coughsnifflehack*  Didn't sleep worth a crap, which is just what I need since I'm coming down with his cold.

FR: Last night was chicken and noodles. Tonight will probably be something easy like breakfast for dinner or chicken sausage and tots.

NRR: I want to go to bed, but of course my oncall (bossman's wife) is out of town today and he is doing plan reviews out of the office for a few hours, so here I am, Typhoid Mary.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R seems to be having an issue of pissing his pants while in Timeout at daycare.

Ernie- LOL at wheel of fortune

mer- the only poop in the tub we ever had was a shart when R was sick, thankfully.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - the finger and toenail carnage is giving me the heebs.

mer - egg definitely needs something salty pig product to go with it.

spike - crazy bitch was the first song on the radio when I started my car this morning.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- its funny how we associate songs with moments and people.   I think about my college job whenever I hear the song "Paradise City" by Guns N Roses, I think about my friend Sara when I hear Cypress Hill because we rocked out to that while doing Weight Watchers Inventory, Allstar by Smashmouth reminds me of my dad moving away to Iowa, etc etc

runnergirl9508

Mer- TOMS are on zulily today for 40% off Wink

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

RG - I KNOW!  I saw a sneak peek last night.  I just placed an order through Toms website on Monday.  They had the shoes I got for J on Zulily, but not discounted enough for me to return the ones I got him and pay for shipping through their site.  I did see the purple crochets!  Love my Toms!

Upcoming Races: 

runnergirl9508

RR: bootcamp followed by a slippery icy 4 mile run. It started sleeting 1/2 mile into my run, and things got slippery fast. My car was coated with ice by the time I got back to it.

TR: wanted to hold the cat in his lap this morning, so I made him sit down on the floor and handed him the cat. He got the biggest smile on his face and snuggled with the cat. I wish I had my camera- it was so adorable. He'll run around the house looking for the cat, going "meow, meow."

NRR: had a dentist apt this morning- just a cleaning. Next Thursday I have to go in to have a tooth pulled- bleh. It was originally scheduled for October, but then I had to push it back due to getting PGR. My OB said to wait until the second tri.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- hope the physio can fix all the tight things! when's your next race? ugh, sorry about the pee/poop everywhere. We are going to start PT with R next month.

Ernie- hope the tempo run went well today! are you following a Pfitz plan? LOL on the win car- that's so funny! Mmm, roasted root veggies are one of my favorites. Oh no on the hand/feet injuries.

Mer- I want a pair of the crochet Toms- I just can't decide on a color. I hope you can get to the gym early enough to run and spin today. Ugh, I hope H settles into a really good sleeping routine soon for you. ewwww on the tub poop! My DH loves egg sandwiches on English muffins.

spike- water retention from all your leg ST is my guess for the tight pants. Ugh on R's cold headed your way. I hope you can avoid the worst of it. Boo on having to go to work sick. Maybe if you cough/sneeze/blow your nose enough they will send you home?

NOLA- if you're reading- hi Smile

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

Go for it!  They are great in the summer.  I have a pair of light purple and a pair of silver ones.  I would suggest a neutral color.  The purple ones are great, but don't go with anything.  I loved having mine while pregnant because the stretched to my feet.   That is all I wore toward the end when I needed a little more support than flip-flops...and couldn't wear those to work anyway.

BE CAREFUL out there.  The last thing you need is to fall!

Mer- I want a pair of the crochet Toms- I just can't decide on a color. I hope you can get to the gym early enough to run and spin today. Ugh, I hope H settles into a really good sleeping routine soon for you. ewwww on the tub poop! My DH loves egg sandwiches on English muffins.

Upcoming Races: 

Erniegirl

Fabulous, sunny -1C weather for my 16k run this morning. I rocked capris and a short sleeved shirt and it felt awesome! Was only able to hold hm pace for 7k before my tired legs cried mercy, but felt good otherwise.

~~~~

zorbs - Climbing those toboggan hills is surprisingly hard work! Especially if you're pulling your child in a sled the whole way up. The carnage on my body continued as I just burnt the roof of my mouth on pasta. I really know how to find lots of non-running ways to injure myself - I think my black toenail is actually not from running and is from S jumping on my bare toe while she was wearing boots last week.

mer - Hope the spin class is good, even if you aren't able to fit in the 5k beforehand. I love egg sandwiches on English muffins. I eat them about 3x week for breakfast.

spike - Yup, if there's one thing all toddlers are good at sharing, it's germs. Hope you can sleep well tonight and get rid of your cold.

rg - Yuck on the sleet! Worst running weather. Glad you didn't wipe out! Cute about the cat snuggling. Yup, I am doing Pfitz 18/55 so lots of long weekday runs.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - next race is chilly HM but really that's an easy cutback week, next real race is ATB.

ernie - omg I never thought of pulling B in a sled up the hill.  I just walked behind him and told him to put his feet in the toe hold divots in the snow.