Womens Running

More Work Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, I know your temps have been like ours down here. If only we can hold out until after midweek, things might at least improve.

This whole past week has been very physical at work and will be that way for about the next 6 weeks. I find that I am much more tired, but in a good way.

Friday I did my cardio/run workout and created a 6 quart crock pot of beef vegetable soup for warming up for a quick supper.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday was a cardio/run workout before going to a book talk on bees.

Today will be cardio/run at home still until our weather moderates. I don’t want the car to quit on me in these awfully cold temps.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Here we go again...Monday...glad it only happens once a week

4 on the TM.

Hi Judy - stay warm, I just want to hunker down until spring lol

camille2

Good morning! It's coffee time.

I did an hour on the elliptical and bike then did a short walk since it was pretty decent outside yesterday. Hip isn't catching much  at all today...progress. I'll just walk and do exercises today.

Lisa, nice pics of the hockey game!  Are you a Michigan or Michigan State fan?  I wondered Sat night when they delayed the X-games coverage here  due to a basketball game between the two.

Tessa, I hope you had a great race!

Carol, good luck with your training plan!

Gatsby, I'm hoping to get Marjorie here for home improvement projects.  I have a challenging bathroom that needs to be redone.

Laura, I'm also impressed with your squats!

Karen, that sounds like an interesting book.  DH died 10 1/2 years ago and 10 years ago I was in the middle of the worst year of my life.  In addition to his death, the IRS  decided to audit us about 2 months after he died. Guess who'd done all the finances? Yep...him. It drug on for months.  Overall, my life is very different now, but I'm pretty happy and proud that I've managed.  I have two regrets for the last 10 years. The major one is that I tend to drift rather than make major life decisions. I get ideas about what I want to do, don't take  action and a few months later, get another idea, to the point DD just laughs now. I'm getting really old just drifting along.  Running...not a regret. DH would be very surprised/proud that I've run marathons.  He'd always run (no races), but 10 years ago, I thought a 5k was long.

Hi to Judy, Cindy, Sugarland, Linda and any others who follow. I need to get busy. I have many unfinished projects.

Gatsby, I'm hoping to get Marjorie here for home improvement projects.  I have a challenging bathroom that needs to be redone.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I didn't run all weekend trying to feel better but I see no signs of this congestion to go away.  Now it looks like a mix of reflux and asthma that is left, rather than real congestion.  Will try some miles tonight.

Judy, tired in a good way is good.  Great workouts all week.

LC Runs, nice 4.

Camille, you've gone through a lot.  You're a strong woman.  Nice workouts.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Lisa - I am so glad to see you running again....it is just "so" a part of you now.  I'm sure the upper body weights will really help too!

LCruns - I admire your TM and squat dedication!

Judy - It amazes me how active you are!!!

Camille - Thanks for sharing your 10 year story....you have been through alot.  I didn't realize you were a fairly "new" runner.  Hope you aren't hard on yourself for "drifting", maybe that is what you are supposed to do....

Damarias - Hope your illness gets better!

Karen - Thanks for sharing about the book, and your 10 year story....i still have a hard time with thinking of you as a "heavy" drinker, you have come a long way!  I have been looking at Hansen's/Hal Higdon's intermediate. Hal's won - feel like my "old" legs won't tolerate the 50 plus weeks.  Plus I want to incorparate some x-training and Hal's plans do.

No run yesterday, but did x-country ski with DD #2....I was so thrilled that she agreed to go   Will run today, just haven't decided if I will take it outside in below zero windchill, or TM.

Have a great Monday!

Carol

Good Morning!  Slept better last night (only got up with Ben twice) and feel like me again today.  Went to group power class.  Another new instructor.  I hate the microphone.  She cranks up the music, yells gibberish through the mike.  Ugh.  They are training another new instructor who taught several routines.  She is all decked out in makeup and matching jewelry at 0500.  I think she looks kinda silly, but whatever.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Jumping on for a quick hello. I got out for a sunny, pleasant 7.3 miles this morning, although the run itself was a bit of a struggle. We'll be back to cold temps here, too, by tomorrow. Sorry for the lack of personals, but work is crazy busy and the afternoon is pretty well shot with the boys' activities, so I've got to knock some stuff out this morning. Waves to everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

This weather is going to suck. I'm not amused. Nice today but will go downhill fast tomorrow.

I do have fire logs in case we lose power. With the ice predicted we will lose power and it will be very cold until this weekend. I have covers for the outside faucets coming by tomorrow to help keep them from freezing. It never gets that cold here for that long but this time we will get it for several days. None of the stores have covers so I ordered them. I could make my own but don't want too. We've had several homes here that had pipes burst. I'm sure the store will be a mad house later today or early tomorrow. Storm not going to hit until tomorrow afternoon. I'd be ok if it missed us. At least we have a lot if warm blankets and dogs to cuddle with to stay warm.

Gatsby by oh I always have home stuff to do and stuff I want done. No need to add anything.

Nice 4 Laura

Camille I'm not good at plumbing (I can change faucets though).   I am good at figuring out what to do or decorate most the time. Glad the hip is improving.

Marjorie

All the south Mississippi school districts will be closed  Tues and Wed due to the storm warning.  I get to telework.  woohoo

It is currently 65F.

I want to go to the grocery store for three things.  It will be crazy town this afternoon.

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, I'm guessing everyone hears "storm" and runs to the store for the essentials: milk, bread, batteries, diapers, and beer?

Ginny, Judy, and Marjorie, stay warm! Cindy too. And Camille. And everyone else dealing with this arctic blast.

Lisa, nice hockey pics. I'm amused by Scrapster never having been on a TM before.

Karen, does anyone ever finish that race?

10 years ago...hmmm...DD was 11, DS 8, we had very little money (still don't have that much but at least I am no longer lying awake wondering how we are going to pay the bills) and DH was an asshat. Some things don't change. I was running and doing fulls but weighed considerably more than I do now.

camille2

Marjorie, the plumbing is ok.   It's the decorating/problem solving I need. It was designed as a weekender cabin and the washer/dryer are in the only second (main) level bath.  When I bought it, I thought I could just have a folding door put in to hide them, but it's too narrow by 3-4 inches. I really love the convenience of the washer/dryer in the bath,  but it's not very attractive. Ideas?  Your weather sounds like ours-great today, expected to be grim tomorrow. It sounds like you'll be harder hit though.  Good luck!

Demaris, I hope you feel better soon!

Carol, nice that you cross country skied! I miss that.  I made the same decision last year about Hanson. It's tough.

I signed on to say it was a great day here! Sunny and warm so I got some needed yard work done...in January! It's about to change, but it was a sweet break.

Linda

Hi ladies:

I've read a couple of disappointing books, lately, but I'm in the middle of one I'm really enjoying.  It's called Outcast by Ted Decker.  He is, evidently, popular, but I had never heard of him before reading this book.

Camille:  An IRS audit is bad enough, but the timing was awful.  You are a strong women.

Damaris:  I hope you feel better

Karen & Tessa:  It is very interesting reading about your ten years ago.  You are both inspirational.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47