Womens Running

Merry Christmas! (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

camille2

Have a great day!

Bikerchick1

Camille - thanks for starting the thread!  You have a great day as well!

Merry Christmas to all!  Enjoy the the day Smile

Great Christmas with family yesterday, today is leftovers, movie marathon, and will fit in my own "Jingle Jog"!

Docket_Rocket

Merry Christmas!

Hubby is on call and I have 11 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Merry Christmas all!

DH is meeting a friend to go for a ride at 11. It's cold out there, but while he's riding I'll probably head out for 8-10 miles. Then I'll start cooking - we went with ham this year.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

runlikeagirl18

Merry Christmas everyone!

We're done with presents and breakfast, and I'm heading out for a run with my Saturday RB in a bit. Probably 5 miles or so. Then time to start cooking - my MIL and her husband, and DH's sister and her husband and kids will be here for Christmas dinner. I got a new running skirt and two pairs of capris - yay! I hope everyone is having a blessed day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

7.5. Very happy with the run.

Hope  everyone has a great Christmas.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

7.35 done before the winds really kicked up. Gusting to at least 40 mph today, likely more.

Survived the three-peat services yesterday. We didn't get out of 10 PM Mass until after 11:30 -- no matter what hymns are scheduled or how many there are, someone will complain that his or her favourite is not being sung. Don't even get me started on the people who want to know why we don't sing "Silver Bells" or "Winter Wonderland" at church. However, we did manage to put the tenors in their place just before the 10 o'clock service.  The organist and choir started the carols at 9:45 to give the early arrivals something to listen to, and one of them was "The First Nowell". There's a descant for the refrain that is normally sung for verse 6 (last), sometimes 5 as well. The tenors started doing the descant on the very first verse and were trying to drown out the melody. Gauntlet had been thrown down. One of us heard them, notes were passed, whispers exchanged, and on the last verse the two most powerful sopranos (one of whom is my sister) stood up, took large lungfuls of breath, launched into the descant, and proceeded to blow the tenor section out of the back of the choir stalls. Do not mess with the divas!

I did get 4.35 more in yesterday before church, DD needed something from the market (and needed me to purchase it since she is a month short of turning 21) and so I ran to the market and met her there.

Heading to my parents' home later today, so I'm not cooking. Glad of that.

And I get to go to work at the normal time tomorrow, no radiation!!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

SugarLand

Merry Christmas Have a blessed day

Merry Christmas! very quiet day here eating leftovers and watching movies. Never changed today and did not even open my work email.  A Christmas mIracle. Tomorrow dhs boys and their kids come over. My girls will all be here too. A bit annoyed that youngest son from out of town insists that they will leave at 6 so that they can be back to in laws to out kids to bed by 7. Local dd has to work to 5 so may not see them at all. Just seems like I was way more flexible with my kids. Is out only time seeing them Since a quick trip. I know that dd feels badly and is going to go to work early so that she can leave at 4:30.

2 pans of lasagna done for tomorrow.

Lisa

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I just wanted to say I hope all my favorite girls had a Merry Christmas.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.