Womens Running

To Work, To Work, Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Welcome to the thread.

Feel free to post. We are glad you are here.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday Coach and I ran on the track. I did 60 minutes so he did part of it with me

Saturday was SDO but lots of walking at a county fair therefore a new black toe to match the one on my other foot.

Sunday Buddy and I did 70 minutes out on the trail. We saw a woodchuck and a deer. Neither was afraid of us (but then we are non-threatening people anyway).

Monday I did 30 minutes of cardio DVD.

Today will be a track run after a bread/milk stop at the grocery.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Good Morning!

Judy - Woodchuck and deer doesn't sound too threatening!  Enjoy your track run today.

Tessa - OUCH on the fall!  I bet you were sore Sad

Ginny - You will have a great time at Woodstock!!!  I'm excited for you.  Lisa is a great trail runner and will not lead you astray Smile

Lisa - We were up in the Grayling area over the week-end with friends.  Would have loved to come over the Hartwick Pines and do some runnning with you!  Looked beautiful

Susan - That weather sounds brutal for your Tri!

Hi to All!

We were gone all week-end did 2 days of canoeing.  Then home for 12 miles yesterday.  Today bleecher work.

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  We are back from the race.  We had fun (ran with my husband).  Tonight, it's Pilates and 7 miles.

Judy, nice workouts this weekend.

Carol, canoeing sounds great.  Nice 12.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  Hung in for 5 miles with Jeffrey this morning.  Still feeling wiped out from Sunday's tri.

Wow Gatsby --14 miles!  Lisa--beautiful run in the forest!

Yesterday I went w DD to get a mani/pedi.  I have only done that one other time in my whole life.  I am sure the lady was squawking in Vietnamese about how awful my toe nails were.  She did glue the split one back together Wink  I was concerned she was cutting them too short but this morning's run was fine so I guess I will live.  Toesies do look pretty.  I emailed BF a pic--he is out on fisheries work cruise for the next two weeks.

Have a great day!!

camille2

Good morning.   Break out the champagne!  Hiking buddy and I (plus 4 other women) finally got to do Lost Lake Trail near Seward yesterday.  I tried to get in the race 3 times, her group has planned to do it 4 years, we've planned 3 dates this summer and it's had rainy weather each time (can't see a thing if clouds are low).  It was a clear day and it was the most beautiful hike I've ever done.  Mountains, lakes, glaciers, waterfalls, alpine tundra, rainforest, ocean...   Sometimes things work out. I'm really glad I did it for the first time hiking rather than in a race so I could appreciate the views.  15-16 mi and 1500-2000' depending on source

Carol, the canoeing sounds wonderful..  The bleecher work...not so much.

Judy, sounds like a nice weekend.

DR, we wondered if you got on the flight.    Glad you had fun.

Sue, congrats on the tri!

Lisa, that looks like a great trail.  That is a great pic of the arch of the trees-reminds me of my favorite section of the Equinox.

Gatsby, it sounds like you had a lovely weekend.  When do you start your new job?

Tessa, black eyes?  That sounds like a bad fall. Be careful out there.

Hi to everyone else!

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, those pictures are gorgeous. We HAVE to get you out here for Shadow of the Giants one year. I would be fine running the trail with you even if there wasn't a race going on, but nice to have the aid stations and an official time!

Ginny, DS caught himself with his hands a few years back and crush fractured his wrist in two places. And SIL broke hers earlier this year -- but as the doctor said a 55-year-old woman probably shouldn't have been trying to outdo her 9-year-old nephew in skateboarding stunts. Have fun with Lisa at the race this weekend!

Camille, the hike sounds lovely. Still scared o'bears, though.

Judy, good to see you back.

Carol, you in MI do have some lovely trails, I think.

Susan, congratulations on the award and SCORE on the new sunglasses! I don't think I'll ever have a pedi. My toenails are beyond hope.

Damaris, waved southward at you, hope you had a good time.

Did 8 yesterday morning with friend (she walks fast, I run slowly) and then 4.4 yesterday evening when it had cooled down slightly. 4.5 this morning with RN. We both saw a beautiful shooting star as we reached the end of our street.

I hope I can get to the gym at lunch today. It has been a LONG time.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 for me. Pilates later  Waves. I will be back for personals.

Marjorie

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning everyone! Had a great weekend in Sumpter, Oregon, camping and riding the trails (we have a side by side). What a great weekend.  I ran 10 miles Friday morning before we left and didn't run again until a 4 miler yesterday morning before we came home. This morning we (my dog and I) were up early for 5 miles before work.  I guess I should note that unless I say otherwise, I always run with my dog.

Some great mileage out there ladies!

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Shadow--what kind of pup?  Sounds like y'all are getting some great mileage!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pilates done. Today she added variations to several things. Very hard!

Judy I think it is cool all the wildlife you see

Lisa pretty trees to run through. Are your hands all green from rubbing them against all the leaves while running? Or was it all pines so just rubbing the needles while you ran?

Carol saw the pics on fb. Glad you had fun.

D what hat dud she torture you with in Pilates today?

Camille when do you go back to Ga?

Tessa hope you are healing

Ginny you'll do great this weekend

Shadow how fun to run with your pup. One of mine loves to run (Quincy) but he can't go far. Bassets aren't distance dogs. He thinks he is. I've taken him for a few very very short runs at cool down paces. But, his brother (our other Basset Hammy, and they are liter mates) had major back surgery a few years ago and he can't go with us. Since they don't do well separated Quincy doesn't get to go.  Right now it is too hot. Maybe this fall I will be able to take Quincy for a short little cool down. But, my hubby will need to be home to distract Hammy or the whole neighborhood will hear the paniced howling!

Marjorie