Womens Running

Thoughtful Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

There are kindly and comforting thoughts going out to all of you todayl

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday run for 35 on the track went better, but still not as good as I wanted. Cardio DVD was bagged even though I didn’t want to do that. The extra rest seemed necessary. I slept like a log last night. These cool nights are great for sleeping.

Today will be a track run and then cardio.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!

3.1 outdoor miles.  I am on day 21 of a running streak, not a long one yet, but I'm trying lol!

Hi Judy - I love the cooler nights, slept like a rock last night.  Nice track workout

Once again, I am behind on everything, will have to try and catch up on the thread.  Hope everyone is well.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm off to run too.

Lisa 44????  No, just no

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

No run for me today; it's a rest day. I'll go to yoga at the Y. Bad news - my shin splints have flared up. We shifted our training schedule to do our long runs on Fridays instead of Saturdays, and when we did, we wound up running 3 days in a row. Apparently my shins did not appreciate it. I'm trying not to panic, but I'm bummed especially since my training had been going so well. Fingers crossed that I can nip it in the bud.

Karen - glad the foot feels better.

Lisa - brrr, that's chilly!

Judy and Laura - it's cooler here too. We should have temps in the 50s for tomorrow's 17 miles.

Waves to everyone else - I gotta get the kids to school.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Good Morning!! 4.4 miles this morning

Cindy--NO SHIN SPLINTS!!

I was thinking of all I need to get done this weekend and was surveying all the dog hair on the floor---think I'm taking tomorrow off to catch up on housework.  My mind will be so much calmer if I can get control of the house mess.

Have a great day!!

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Phone kept going off with emails on the train ride in this morning. Boss asking when can I check this, when will this be done, etc. Problem is none of the things she mentioned are things that are my responsibility. And she is the one that made up the list of who does what and is constantly on us to refer to it and keep it updated. If you were to look at the list, you would see that everything that has my name next to it is done and checked off. Plus she kept saying in our last meeting that I had too much to do already. Of course, that was usually followed with something else for me to do, but still.....none of these things she's looking for involve me. Yet I'm the one she asks.

Ran 4 easy last night. Felt fine at the time, foot is sore this morning. Nothing extreme, just something I'm probably going to have to get used to as I get through this.

Meeting at 11 and I am so unprepared. Why? Because my boss is sure that there are people that are coming to the meeting next week that will want to come to her retirement dinner, even though they didn't sign up. After getting multiple emails on the subject. So I've spent more time than you can imagine calling these people. I so hate the telephone, so this has been torture for me, calling a bunch of people I don't know and asking them if they really meant to not sign up for her dinner, and if they still wanted to go, they could just give me their credit card number and I could charge them another $100. I love the woman, but I just need this to be over!

Hey wait, is this a running forum or a complain about your job forum? Sorry.....

Back later.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 10.5. Dh and I walked a few miles on the beach then hung out on the lazy river on inner tubes at the hotel.  Not sure what else we will do today

very proud of dh. He is loving his fit bit. Last night he looked and was at 9500 steps so decided to walk the stairs down to the lobby and get us drinks. He is well over 10000 today since he hit the treadmill and we did the beach.

Cindy hope oped you nip those splints fast

Karen I can only imagine the stress I feel it often too. the amount if emails I have gotten this week are less since I sent a long email that I was on vacation. But a few are still sending me stuff even though they were given who to contact and it is also in my out of office. One guy has sent me at least 8 different questions. He usually listens but not this week!  I have refused to answer them. A few that were really important I forwarded to my counter part so she could answer

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Uh-oh. From the Baltimore Marathon newsletter:

The biggest change is our 2014 marathon course will once again run through the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore! We'll pass by the new penguin exhibit. All penguins will be ready to greet you in their mini tuxedos...just maintaining the charm of Charm City! Anyone dressed as Batman may be attacked.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies. Busy day for me. Managed to run my 12 with 8 at MP this morning.  Very good workout for me.

Tessa, yes. 81F at 7am is an anomaly. It's usually much warmer by then. We don't really cool down at night.

Judy, thanks for thoughts. Right back at you!

LC runs, nice run.

Marjorie, nice miles. Glad hubby likes his fitbit.

Cindy, enjoy your rest.  Hoping for no shin splints.

Sue, do you have enough to make a new dog from all the hair.

Karen, nice 4

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Good morning!  Ran a great 4-5 miler this a.m.  in cool misty weather. For some reason, the last couple runs have been a huge improvement.

Marjorie, good for your hubby! I thought I'd lost mine last night. I clip it to my bra and when I changed for bed, it wasn't there.  Luckily, it had fallen off in the house and I found it this a.m. A woman at WW kept losing hers and got a bracelet but said she found out late rsome use a chain.

Tessa, that's an amazing number of steps. I wonder what the max is.

I have a meeting but will try to ck back for personals. Have a great day everyone!

Arimathea

Tessa

Camille, I am not sure what the maximum number of steps is. Or activity points. I've got over 60,000 steps in one day on the Fitbit, haven't done an ultra wearing it yet. On the ActiveLink I managed to get it to 88 points at Labor of Love, 50m, I was sure I would get more for Nanny Goat since I went further -- nope, I turned 50 in between those two races and for Nanny Goat I got 81 points for 54 miles.

I am considering a one-day all-out effort to get the AL over 100 points and the fitbit over 100,000 steps, but I think that would require me to start running right after midnight and run all day long. 75 mile day, in other words. I really don't think I want to do that in this weather. And I'd have to line up support and plan on carrying things like food and money, and I'd have to work out a route unless I wanted to do endless loops around a park or similar venue. Or sign up for another 24 hour race and decide to stick with it the entire 24 hours.

Marjorie, do you have to answer? Karen, likewise. You aren't always available, and work should get that message. Also Karen that is miserable putting you in a situation where you're calling people begging them to come to your boss's expensive retirement dinner.

Penguins will attack Batman? Hokay.

Cindy, hope the shins feel better. Did the new shoes work for a while?

Shadow, good luck on the half!

Lisa, I know, the mornings are dark now.

Laura, yay for a running streak!

Susan, nice that you can stay at your sister's for free. Hope you do get to take the day off.

Damaris, that's how it was here, it wasn't cooling down, and it was miserable. We are used to the nights cooling off. This morning it was a lot cooler outside than in and when I got back from my run I opened all the windows wide and left a sticky note on the thermostat instructing DS to close all the windows before he turned on the AC. 4.4 easy miles this morning.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa nope I don't but I did forward so they would get the info and not send it to me 20 times. Or think I was ignoring them. People have no memory now a days.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, the climate has been getting weirder and weirder everywhere, I am not surprised.  Nice run.  Let us know if you decide to do that with the fitbit to cheer you on!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Karen-reply with "Sue is on that."  Reading the book "Give and Take" very good!  For "Givers" a few pointers when having a hard time dealing with "Takers" or "Matchers".... Think in terms of what is in their head not in their heart.  Where their perspective is, not how they would feel about something.  Makes it easier to answer back in a way that doesn't make you a doormat.  What is the boss thinking when he sends that? Where is he coming from in his head?  Is the quickest way to that answer through you?  Going to the source makes more sense.  Also a biggie is to think in terms of doing something for someone else vs doing it for you.  Picture that you are answering for someone else and act in what would be their best interest.  Negotiate with your family in mind, not yourself.  How would you advise a friend who was stressed over those emails to respond?  Do that.

Business travel is not so bad all of the time. Crain's New York Business gave me a couple of tickets to tonight's game.  Took our NY intern.

Seats did not suck.  Funny to hear Eminem's Lose Yourself played when Jeter comes up to bat.  7th inning stretch is YMCA and apparently tonight's occurrence of the wave going around 3 times was a rarity.

Was fun.  Now to sleep so I can get to Central Park in AM.  <fully aware that I am being a brat. sorry.>

Lisa