Womens Running

Thursday A new year over 40 (Read 16 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes, we are still over 40 

Marjorie

ginnyb

Darn,  I was hoping on being 39 again!

Did 4 miles on the TM this morning. Too blustery outside.

Happy New Year!

There is a rally to show your support for law enforcement later this afternoon in our

Downtown, so DH and are going despite the cold and wind.  Other than that just taking down some of the Christmas decorations, depressing job.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning and Happy New Year!  10-15 miles tonight.

Marjorie, LOL.  2015 is the year I'll really belong to your group.  I came in under false advertising!

Ginny, nice 4.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'm in for the Leona Divide 50k!

Happy trails to me!

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me. Had one lady ask if this was a new year resolution. Um no. I just said no, I run all the time and she just smiled and kept walking her dog.

Ginny hope the rally goes well.

Nice ce getting in .lisa.

Hi D

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

I'm with Ginny - thinking we were going to be 39 again Smile

Ginny - Hope all goes good at the rally today.  Nice job on the 4 on treadmill!

Damarias - Enjoy your 10-15 miles tonight!

Lisa - congrats on the Leona Divide!

Marjorie - NIce job on the 10.2!

Met up with 2 RB's and did 5 trail miles today - what a fun way to start the New Year!

Happy New Year!!!

Carol

Arimathea

Tessa

Started the New Year off right! RN and I drove up to Agua Dulce and did a 10.3 segment of the PCT, out and back so our total for the day was just under 21. We took nearly 7 hours to do it, including chatting with two separate hikers and a pair of trail runners and some picture taking. Gorgeous. It's the segment between Agua Dulce and Bouquet Canyon: http://leonadivide5050.com/leona-divide-5050-trail-race-info.php Lisa, this is the bit that we are not going to do during the race since it is the 50m extension. 

This run/hike involved quite a bit of elevation gain and rocky trail. We talked to one guy who was doing a 5 day segment and a woman who had started at 1:30 and was thinking she could get 13 miles done in 3 hours -- it gets dark by 5 PM here at this time of year -- she was planning to call for a cab when she hit Bouquet and RN warned her that there's no cell service there. I am not sure there are any cabs either. She thought better of it and decided that she'll probably try the segment tomorrow starting a lot earlier. She also said there is a group of about 1200 women planning to hike PCT starting in April. That worries me a lot. There isn't enough water out there to support all those hikers, let alone enough space for all of them to camp. I think the movie "Wild" may have a very bad effect on the PCT because there are so many more people planning to through hike as a result. There's such a thing as too many users of a trail.

Anyway, RN and I had a good time and saw a bit of PCT we haven't seen before. We then stopped for pizza -- note to self: avoid pizza places that have a sign up saying "Now Hiring All Positions" since there was only one guy working and the pizza took forever to arrive -- and came home. Took down the tree, took all the trash out, and snarfed lasagna and wine. Guinevere is mourning the tree since she liked it and is sad to see it go. Fernanda was philosophical, she has seen many a Christmas tree come and go, but Gwen is only 7 months and this is her first time seeing it.

Happy new year to all!  Yes, a new year and we're still over 40 (well, most of us ).  My DH and I went for a nice little 3.75 mile trail run and then hit a couple of new year's day gatherings with long time friends.  A nice way to kick off the new year.

Marjorie, thanks for leading the charge on this group.  Glad I found you all!

GinnyB, thanks for going out to support law enforcement.

Damaris, good thing we don't card here, haha.

Lisa, happy trails indeed!

Carol, nice way to start off the new year.

Tessa, although I haven't seen "Wild", I suspect you're right and lots of people will be hitting the PCT because of the movie.  Just like everyone who saw "101 Dalmatians" needed a dalmatian.  Ugh.  But glad your run went well.  Great start to the new year.

Hello to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR