Womens Running

Stately Thursday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

Heading out mid -day with dd's team to State competition for Forensics (public speaking, not dead bodies).

Karen-LOVE the RR.  DD's event is Informative Speaking and her topic is Superheros so she got a kick out of your Batgirl shirt.  "They're everywhere mom!"   You have come a long way baby!!

Lisa

SugarLand

Karen - great RR maybe there is hope for me if I start working a little harder and lose the extra pounds

at the beginning of the week felt like summer 89 degrees - today feels like spring going for a 4 miler after work

Lisa - have a good trip with dd

hi to everyone - have a wonderful day

Anonymous Guest

The rain is ending! The rain is ending! And I am definitely running outside after work tonight. Last night I rode my bike on the trainer. I picked a workout that was apparently a little tougher than I am, baked my legs and just soft-pedaled the last 15 minutes or so. Oops.

For those not on facebook, I finally finished up my Boston race report last night. It's here: http://karenrunsfar.blogspot.com/2014/04/boston-strong.html. I thought about copying and pasting it here, but I'm too lazy. Be forewarned, it's really long. And I still felt like I left so much out!

Lisa, funny, I was looking through the pictures DH took at the marathon, and he was apparently practicing his picture taking on other superheroes he saw while he was waiting for me. So I also have a picture of a Wonder Woman and a Captain America! Kaite definitely picked a popular (at least with runners) subject.

Morning Vicki!

So, I'm going to put up with the constant hunger for a couple more weeks. 2 pounds down the first week. I know that won't continue, but it's a nice jump start. I'm having lunch with two friends from my old job and I looked at the menu of the place we're going to. There is nothing remotely healthy or low cal there. I may be running a few extra miles tonight!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen...read your RR this morning.  It was great!  You are so fortunate to have been able to run Boston, something most of us will never do.  So proud of you!  Good for already shedding 2 pounds!  Losing weight is so hard, putting it on so fun and not hard at all!

Lisa...have fun at State.  Hope they do well.

Ran 5 miles this morning.  The first of May and I still have to wear mittens!  This is really getting more and more depressing.  Our heat is still on in the house and kicks on frequently.   The summer forecast is not good either, all I can hope is that they are wrong, as they frequently are, but with Lake Erie still being so cold I am afraid they are right.  Does not bode well for this warm weather person.  I wish I did not let the weather affect me so, but I do.

I will be back later on...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Howdy!

Thought I would sleep in a few minutes this morning, but Buddy the foster weim yakked up THE sock he ate two + weeks ago at 0520.  Decided I might as well get up and run.  Three miles--saw a red fox and decided to turn back.  Better than not running, I guess.

Karen--great race report!!

ginnyb

Our library has started a fitness challenge.  Each department is a team and we are competing against one another.  We were all given pedometers this morning, but you can pick different activities from a list...so I can pick running and record how long I ran and at what intensity and am given points that way, plus how many steps we take in a day.  Anyway, it is kind of fun I think.  I guess I am flattered that everyone wishes that I were on their team, but they also all say that I am going to win overall and , this is silly I know, but now I feel kind of pressured...sheesh I better win this thing!  I am competitive though deep down.  By the way our team reference is called "613.7"  that is the dewey number for fitness...love it!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 earlier

Ginny you can do it!

GL to DD Lisa

Karen I wonder why you rarely show on my newsfeed?  I no FB is fickle but geesh. I have you marked to follow etc. I don't know why it has stopped showing me your posts   So now I can go read the Race Report

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, I will check out your race report, but it may not be until tomorrow. Busy day here.

Ginny, the lake is much colder than it usually is this time of year?

Susan, glad the sock has finally made its reappearance. Is a red fox a good thing to see?

Vicki, feels like summer here too, in the 90s again!

Lisa, good luck to your DD.

Marjorie, you are so consistent with double digit runs.

No run this morning because I spent the night at church (we're hosting Family Promise this week and I was the female half of the overnight host team) but 7.1 on the TM at lunch.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Did 18.10 miles this morning, the last 8 on the TM due to the heat.  Worked from home, went to PIlates and now I'm ready for bed even though I still need to cook dinner and watch a movie with my husband, ha.

Lisa, enjoy the competition.

Karen, great RR.  Just read it and loved it.

Sugarland, hello!

Ginny, nice 5.

Sue, at least the sock came out.  Sorry!

Marjorie, nice 10.

Tessa, nice lunch TM run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Great RR Karen!  Got chills reading it.   I think I'm still in the "qualify for Boston when I'm 80" crowd but, hey who knows... especially if I find a batgirl shirt!

Hi to everyone else.  I'll be in Atlanta this weekend visiting my sister so not sure if I'll be able to do my usual weekend check-in...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR