Womens Running

Mo' Miles Monday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

Congrat Susan!!!  You did get more miles this weekend!

Susan-you had me checking out the signup for next year with thoughts of fresh donuts on the course but that isn't the case is it?  LOL  Still looks like a good one to get an ultra on with the elevation being fairly flat except for one hill, right?  Of course you hit it every 4 miles.  Funny that there was only 37 some runners.  Seemed like so many I knew on FB were doing it.  ha!

Ginny-may be a good one to consider for next year too for you.  congrats to your son!

Marjorie-birthday run???!!!  How did we miss that? Or just me.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Oh wait.  Wednesday, whew!  I'll be ready.  <now we all will be ready!>

Karen-yes, I'm interested in knowing how the squeaky toy was received.  thanks for being out there at 14!

Gatsby-since we have no dog (or Tiger in the fight) I'll cheer for SF.  Then again I'm not watching the games so not that helpful.  I was wondering about the international status of it too.  Detroit's is but that's because you cross the border twice.

CA runners- starting to plan ahead.  my San Diego conference will be April 27-29.  Big Sur is closed (yes, I would go on cement for that one too) and didn't see any others the weekend before or after that AREN'T on road.  Big Sur, NYC... I would run road full for either of those.  Give me time, I'm sure that the list will grow but it really shouldn't.

6.2 yesterday on mountain bike trails.  Knee a little grumbly after so doing weights this morning. Have a happy Monday!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Greetings, Ladies!

Friday I did a light, easy 35 minutes on the track. Ten minutes of cardio when I got home felt great.

Saturday was SDO except for a 30 minute hike. It is my favorite hike in the area.

Sunday Buddy was at a race to see his granddaughter so we did not meet. We are still trying for next Sunday. We don't quit until it gets to be 32 °. In the meantime, I did 70 minutes of cardio dvd.

Today will be a track run, then some cardio at home.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!

3 morning miles for me, will try and get in another 2-3 after work.  I did run 6.2 yesterday afternoon.

Lisa - I wish my miles were on trails yesterday (I just ran in town).  I did run a few trail miles last month with a running buddy, it is so much more challenging and I need to do more of it

Ugh, off to work.  I love getting Monday out of the way lol!

Lisa, no donuts on the course.  But I'm sure if DH came again this year, I could arrange for some.  Total elevation change over 32.5 miles was 926 ft up and same down.  There are a few kicka$$ hills which get steeper as the day wears on, but all in all, pretty flat course.  Would I do it again?  Yep!  (Don't tell DH that just yet) Although I think I'd just do it slower and not worry as much about trying to do a lap an hour and just have more fun.  And I would change shoes! 

I'm not sure how many runners there were at the 6 hour time, probably about the same number and then maybe 15 or so at the 3 hour.  You're just in the "cool kids" club and you know most that were there! 

And yes, Ginny should do it also!  And Carol!  And anyone else who is crazy enough to hang out in an apple orchard all day running in a circle... well more like a figure 8.

Didn't include it in my race report but why do people cheat on courses?  When Simon and I were walking the last loop caught a guy cutting the course short.  He was one of the relay team members - did mention it to one of the organizers.  His team was last, so it wasn't going to matter, at least hopefully not - but no way should they place if they cheat.  The organizer said that she had stood one place on the course last year because some runner kept cutting it short.  Geez!   I don't get it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Asthma is doing better but I am coughing now.  Stupid Pollen Vortex in Miami since January is really wrecking my lungs.  6 and weights planned for tonight.

Susan, great job on the race!  Congrats!  I hate cheaters in courses.  Cheater in a race, cheater in life, IMO.

Lisa, nice job on the trails.

Judy, enjoy the track and cardio workouts.

LC Runs, nice morning miles.  Enjoy the doubles.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!!  Rode 35+ miles with friends out in the country Saturday.  BF rode 30 miles.  Yesterday ran 8.5 miles--enjoying the cooler weather.

Wow Susan and Cindy--lots of miles!!  I don't see how you could face the other runners knowing you had cheated--I would rather my team be last than cheating.  Some people!

Ginny--congrats

We went to a wedding Saturday.  The bride, all attendants (including flower girl) all wore cowboy boots.  Their gowns complimented their tats.  The guys wore jeans and khaki jackets and boots.  Wedding decor was burlap and sunflowers.  They drove away in a loud hunting truck that had beer cans tied to the rear bumper.  It was the classical redneck wedding.  Cute.  It was "very" Jenna and Josh.

camille2

Marjorie, nice job on the birthday Km's!

Sue, that wedding sounds like fun.

Lisa, I'd also love to do Big Sur.  Hubby's cousin did all 50 states (and also climbed the highest point in each-an over achiever) and liked Big Sur best of all.

Karen, how was cheering for MCM?  I enjoy being support crew.  BTW, there was no storm around Mt Mitchell. It was morning and chilly.  The ranger had me thinking the wind was like that most of the time. If it is,  I'm glad you were sheltered!

Gatsby, it seems like you've done more than 4 this year, probably because you volunteered for a few.  If you decide to explore while you're in Atlanta next time, the trail to Hike Inn at Amicalola Falls would be a good one and you could check out one of the "highest waterfalls east of the Mississippi there."  I discovered on the trip last week that NC/SC also claim to have the highest (White Water Falls) as does Virginia. : )

Ginny, congrats to your son!

Hi, Judy and Susan!

LC, hi!.  Good to "see you."

DR, your poor lungs.  I hope they are better soon.

My internet is working again. It was at the main box in our development, not my modem at all.  BTW, I asked the tech about unplugging everything when I leave or during storms. He thanked me for doing it and said it causes a lot more problems if people don't.  He also said they are upgrading the area equipment later this week, so there's hope for better service.  Yeah!  Nice guy.

I did a couple easy miles yesterday, am taking a day off today and plan 60 min in a.m.  I have to get a bit of work done this afternoon.

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, that is impressive! 32 miles in 8 hours is good. I would like to do a 12 or 24 hour race that has a longer loop, I've only done one and that had a 1 mile loop which got very boring (especially the out and back). I also thought they had donuts at the aid station!

Susan (crazysue), that sounds like a fun wedding.

Lisa, hmmm. I know Big Sur closed already and I think it's probably better you not do that one with a gimpy knee...the camber on Highway One is something awful, especially through Carmel Highlands (miles 22-24), and that could be very bad for your knee. So the last weekend of April or the first weekend of May?

*pause for nosing around race calendars*

Dammit! Leona Divide 50/50 is the 18th of April, not the 25th as I hoped it was. Trail races in California on the adjoining weekends:

There's this on April 25 in the Bay Area, Marin County: http://www.urbancoyoteracing.com/rodeo-beach-2015.html

or this on May 2 in the eastern Sierras: http://lonepinechamber.org/wild-west-marathon/

Ocean views or mountain views? Lone Pine is easier to get to from my house and might be more convenient for you if you need to be in San Diego on the 27th, but either is possible. (Or both. Heh heh.)

I'll also check with RNDH who usually has a good idea of what's where and when.

Judy, hope you do see Sunday Buddy a few more times this year.

Laura, trail is indeed much more challenging than road, but also more scenic.

Damaris, I am sure that most of the north would have traded their polar vortex for your pollen vortex. Not sure what would have happened if Miami got hit by the polar vortex temps, though.

Camille, I liked Big Sur too.

Gatsby, also not sure why CIM calls itself that...definitely no borders close to Sacramento. And most marathons have international entrants nowadays.

3 this morning, then took Sis to the airport.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day today.  It is Monday Smile

Lisa yes it is Wednesday but running 29 miles on Wed would be hard.  On FB a funny when one person put that in miles I'm only 29 since 48 KM is 29.8 miles.  Funny.

Gatsby I haven't been watching the WS. Haven't watched it in years, actually.  Funny when I was in KS you'd have thought it would have been played up more but it wasn't.  Even when they were playing there.  Granted I wasn't in KC but still.

Susan I don't get people cutting it short either.  I guess some just don't think it matters but it does.

Camille hope the upgrade stops the issues.  You have more than you should.  We were talking today about the complacency of some IT people.  The standard of it just happens or being reactionary versus really fixing it and staying ahead of things seems to be missing.  It doesn't have to be either.  Seems that IT is an issue all over and it really shouldn't be.  Maybe they need to go from being support for when things are wrong to proactive.  They seem on the healthcare model of fixing once sick versus preventative.  Not that preventative is always better but still.

Susan cute idea for the wedding

Tessa hah if Miami had a polar vortex they would think it was the world ending.  60's they are in parkas.....

Marjorie

ginnyb

Nice job on the birthday miles Marjorie...but no way am I going to follow in your footsteps, not running 65kms this Friday!  Maybe 6.5 miles.

Still have not run.  I had plans to run yesterday, but Saturday night about 11, I turned in bed and had almost blinding pain in my left shoulder and neck!  It was so bad that I broke out in a cold sweat and started getting sick to my stomach.  I have no idea what happened.  It started to subside after a while.  It was like this huge spasm.....a lot better now, just like a stiff neck and my shoulders feel tight.  Do not want that to happen ever again!

Susan....nice ultra.  I had no idea you were going to do an ultra.  Does sound like a good one.  I don't get the cheating at races either Susan...I would just feel so guilty and what's the point, guess you really have to want to place or something.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

As people who run back and forth on streets or around parking lots to get to a set distance I don't see any of us cheating.  Perhaps cutting a race short because of injury but not taking credit for it.

Tessa-I'll check out those races... fun, fun, fun!!  Who knows, maybe I could work a trip to Mountain View into the trip to extend out to the next weekend.  Makes sense since I'd be west coast actually.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, also if you are up for a race in the Bay Area the weekend after there is one that is on paved roads but....it's Avenue of the Giants.

http://www.theave.org/index.html

Dear Niece lives in Arcata and attends CSU Humboldt.....

Anonymous Guest

Cautiously optimistic - I think the foot is making progress and getting better. It's hardly hurt the last week or so, and tonight I even ran a tad faster than easy pace. Mostly I just kept the pace the same on the uphills to make it more of a workout. Well, then I ended up going faster on the downhills....still stretching and rolling and stuff, but it's definitely less painful. I have another massage scheduled Wednesday after work, since that seemed to really help. Well, first it really hurt, then it really helped.

Long, frustrating day at work, so I needed the stress relief of a little more than easy pace.

The squeaky toy was a hit yesterday. Lots of laughs, a few people stopped to take a picture of the sign, lots of thanks for being out there. My fingers are kinda sore today though from all that toy-squeezing. And BigManRunning was so excited to have a sign for him, he stopped, video'd it, chatted or a few minutes, and even teared up a little - it was I think a pretty emotional marathon for him.

Sorry no personals, feeling kinda brain dead, just want to finish up this laundry and go to bed. Longer day of work tomorrow.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Tessa-Wild Wild West would be best EXCEPT that it's the weekend of state finals for Forensics so that won't work. Rodeo Beach Rumble would make sense for me to go to Mountain View first then the conference but 50k in 8 hours with that elevation gain won't work.  Leaves Leona Divide 50k with 14 hour cutoff.  Crazy elevation changes but 14 hours should make it doable. Could fly into LA, take a couple of vacation days stay with you, run, then head up to Mountain View office in a rental, maybe visit my sister for a day, then down to San Diego.  Given the course it's good that I could build some down days working remote in as I think I may well be close to death.  And I don't mean the valley.  I think this would work!!  This is your backyard, right?

Found this one too.  http://www.brazenracing.com/diablo.html

April 18, near San Fran. Mount Diablo 50k with 10 hour time limit.  That could work for me but Leona Divide would be far easier for you I'm sure.

Lisa

Quick hello and check in since people are discussing racing in CA!

Lisa, Big Sur's camber was brutal and gave me major ITB pain.  Just as well that it's closed.  One more data point for consideration: Inside Trail Racing has a race at Folsom Lake on April 25, 2014 2015 http://insidetrail.com/calendar/ , but that's up past Sacramento (3 hours North/East of me) and not particularly near any of us.   SInce I"m doing a 56k at the beginning of April, I'm not sure if I'll be joining you all for this adventure but do keep me posted!

Waves to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR