Womens Running

WOOHOO FOR WEDNESDAY DIVAS! (Read 17 times)

SassySparky

Hump day!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Did about 20 minutes of ST (arms, abs and legs) this morning. Yesterday we did end up playing golf! I suck, but at least I got to walk for 2 hours in the middle of the day!

NRR: So ... We are under contract on our house!!!! Inspection is this Friday! I can't believe this is happening - we're so happy! I need to contact at least two more lenders so I can get quotes and do some negotiating on mortgages. Other than that I really need to buckle down and get some work done this week. G's 18 month check up was a little rough yesterday - he really did not appreciate being stripped down to his diaper to be weighed and measure by a stranger. So he weighs 26 lb 2 oz .... I don't have the percentile because the nurse screwed up the weight the first time and we had to redo it (but it's likely 40th). He's 70th percentile for height though, at 33 inches.

Big D is eating cereal next to me and the sound of him chewing might actually drive me crazy. Ah mawwiage. Gotta go, G is up!

MA runner girl

Sassy - lol dh does things that make me crazy every day! congrats on the house. Soo happy for you!!!

Rr: 2 miles yesterday, my lungs were mad at me. no running today, maybe a walk if it's nice.

nrr: we are doing better over here. C and I just have some lovely coughs and I'm still a little stuffy, but he's in good spirits again, thank goodness! I really need to go to costco and the grocery store, but I don't know if I want to bring him out yet. We'll see. I also need to catch up on work. I usually have 12 hours done by now, and I've only got 5.5. Ugh.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

OJewel

Hi all!

sassy- congrats on the house!! So exciting! I hate being naked at the doctors too so I sympathize with G lol.

Ma- aww, glad C is still doing better! Take it easy! I hope you continue to feel better and that you can get some work done. I need to grocery shop too, planning for Saturday if I can scrape together some meals til then.

RR- nothing yet. Going to try an easy 2 on my lunch break tomorrow.

NRR- took the early train into work on the hopes of getting a few things done before it gets crazy busy. We'll see. Today is working and then American horror story is back tonight! Anyone else watch that show? I'm excited.

Have a great day!

POrun

Happy Hump Day!!!

RR: Running 5 tonight after work. Hopefully it won't be raining! We just had a cool front come in, so highs will be only 85 and lows will see 60's finally!!!! (ok, 69F does count!)

NRR: Done with my school presentation, and done with my 3rd of 10 grad classes. 3 weeks till the next one starts, so long break!!! Today is the last day I have to put in a bunch of effort for our big Women In Engineering event, and things will start to calm down.

Meli: Thanks for the wetsuit suggestions. I'm still torn on sleeveless or full sleeves. I do get a bit claustrophobic. Keep up the great workouts. It will be wonderful to start decreasing, I'm sure!

NC: Great speed workouts! I kind of miss doing them! Are you feeling like they're really helping your running?

Sassy: Whoot for being under contract with the house!

MA: Glad you're feeling better! Good thing you aren't trying to work full time and take care of yourself and a sick baby. Smile

OJ: I hope you get everything done you need to. I haven't watched that show. I probably don't need to add any shows to my list though. Smile

Have a great day ladies!

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: nada yet. possibly lunch run or after work. we'll see. I feel like I'm fighting something so I might take the day off.

NRR: M and I did some shrub trimming last night. didn't get it all done, but the front of the house and side of the house is pretty much done. yay! have a headache that I've had the last couple of days now. Hoping I can fight it off.  whatever it is.

sassy: lol about big D chewing next to you! it's funny how sometimes you notice and sometimes you don't!

MA: good luck getting those hours done! glad you're both feeling better!

OJ: good luck getting work done before the madness starts!! I totally get it!

po: yay with being done with number 3 class! hang in there for the rest!

ok... the point of getting to work early is to get stuff done before the madness arrives... LOL! later!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. Slept like a log last night after ST, too. I'm really excited about my new program, but I'm expecting the DOMS to hit my triceps big time later today.   Also, here's the elevation profile for my race. I know it's hard to read, but the vertical hash marks on the right go from 3000 to 5000 feet. BRING IT

NRR: Not much. Work is slow so I need to either decide I'm going to start working on some stuff I was putting off, or hustle up some work or both. OH My duvet cover arrived and I love it!  Now to find a matching bed skirt..or maybe a new bedroom suite altogether!

Sassy - Oh man the chewing. Some of my field partners have been the loudest chewers ever and it's driven me crazy. This is assuming, of course, that no one else can hear my chewing.  :P   Also OMG How exciting about the house!!! Pics ASAP!

MA - Glad to hear you and C are doing better.

Jewel - I'm in the same boat, re: groceries. I have this giant list going, and I'm hoping I can make it until Saturday or Sunday.

PO - Congrats on getting the class completed! Enjoy the 3 weeks off!

Lizo - Is your weather fluctuating a lot? I can get persistent headaches when the weather won't make up its mind.

SassySparky

Y'all, I always notice Big D's chewing. I can't stand to sit next to him when he eats cereal! It's ridiculous! I'm glad that some of you understand where I am coming from.

MA - glad you are feeling better! I hope you can get all of your hours put in!

Jewel - take it easy this week1 I hope you got some work done this morning. I haven't watched that show but even the commercials are creepy and I have a feeling I wouldn't like it. I hate scary movies!

PO - it actually got cold here! It's like 58F and I'm sad Sad. Yay for a break from classes and being 30% done with them!

Lizo - I hope the headache goes away. Great job getting some work done around your house. That's gonna be me in a few months!!

OWR - yay for good sleep! I took a melatonin last night, becuase I had been up worrying on Sunday and Monday night (eye roll). I'm assuming I'm also the world's quietest chewer - no one has complained to me about it Wink.

I can post the link to the zillow page for the house on our FB group, ok?

melrunner

Good morning girls.

TriR: just swam 1.6 OWS with wetsuit to get used to it. 9 miles later today that I had scheduled yesterday that I moved to Today.

NtriR meeting my HS friend for lunch. I am going to help her with her business on the side to earn a little extra money. Applied to a few jobs this morning and applying to a few more this afternoon. Hospital to volunteer tonight.

sassy i I want to see pictures! So are you approved??

Lizo enjoy yor rest day.

PO If you buy sleeveless you can always buy the add on sleeves in case you need them. I so feel claustrophobic but my wetsuit fits properly so the tight constricting feeling does go away.

Leela, how was your oncologist appointment?

MA glad C is feeling better and mama.

Jewel I hope you can catch up w work today.

oWR the elevation and altitude would get me so sick!! how do you train in those high altitude conditions?

outwestrunner

Meli - Good luck with the job applications. Re: the altitude..I already live at ~2700', so it's not really noticeable. Now the elevation on that race..ugh my knees hurt this morning, just looking at the sustained downhill.

LucyBelle

Big D is eating cereal next to me and the sound of him chewing might actually drive me crazy. Ah mawwiage. Gotta go, G is up!

No time for a full post, but Sassy, I had to respond to this! CRH got up at 6 this morning and I wasn't getting up till 7:30. He was eating breakfast in the living room, and granted we have a small apartment, but he was at least 20 feet away from me with a closed door in between. I literally yelled, "That must be the biggest, crunchiest bowl of cereal in the world!!!!" because the nonstop crunching was driving me nuts. Hahaha.

NorCal

Morning girls!

RR. Had a decent track workout last night, but I was kind of tired and had a tummy ache during it. But I hit all of my goal paces, so that was good. Rest day today, but I'd like to do some yoga or ST this morning.

NRR. I have one client today, and then some other stuff to take care of. Friday, my entire day is booked with clients! So excited! Smile I'm actually set to make a bit of money this month with my clients which is nice!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34