Fun Friday (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I did 50 minutes of cardio DVD with 15 minutes of running thrown into the mix.

Today I slept in since I am going up north of here to attend some free classes.

Not sure, but think I will exercise at home.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Howdy. Dad and wife are here. I'm surviving. Hasn't been too bad. Got up at 4 and did 11.1. Didn't want to be running when they got up   They aren't up yet!

When end I went into our bathroom dh said he had gotten up early so he would be up if they got up before I got back. I didn't get it. I just said huh?  He was still in bed when I'd gotten home and I heard him get up. I said I had already run. He thought I hadn't left yet. I said, no, I had already done over 11. Then  he says I look so fresh and I usually look like something off the drinking titanic.  Since the humidity wasn't bad I wasn't sporting the drowned rat look. That, or I didn't put in enough effort?  Ha

Marjorie

Happy Friday!

Sent home from work yesterday after completing hurricane prep for Hurricane/ Tropical Storm Karen's landfall tomorrow.  Nice, gives me extra time for a good housecleaning.  Just remembered I still have a couple of sandbags--think I will drag them in front of the door just in case.  They are predicting a 3-5 ft storm surge, tides are already high and I am across the street from the harbor.  Hoping for a rainy windy day on Saturday and it will be gone by Sunday morning.  Hopefully no flooding.

Running friends are coming over Sunday night, so will see what happens with the weather.  Planning to clean and cook as planned.  I've already straightened up the guest/DS2's room and it is actually safe to enter!

Not in the mood to swim today.....may take a Susan day!

Smile

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

I am DONE with that awful job **doing a happy dance** - the admin was so nice to me yesterday, told me I could come back anytime and they'd welcome me back.  Nice gesture, but where the heck were these people all these months??? Had an exit interview with the Director, of course he agreed with me on all points though I doubt anything will change.  Oh well, not my problem.

5.4 humid miles this morning.  Younger kids don't have school today as it was parent/teacher conferences this week.  I am planning on taking them to the walk in clinic for flu shots, joy o joy Big grin  Homecoming football game tonight, probably will go to that.  I am heading to my mom's Saturday evening, running  a Half Marathon on Sunday near her house.  Staying through Monday afternoon, start new job Tuesday.

Hi Judy!

Marjorie - wow 11.1 at 4 am?  Awesome.  Good luck with the dad/wife visit

Sue - stay safe!

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, nice workouts -- are you staying the weekend for the classes? Perhaps you could find a trail near where you're staying, or where class is?

Marjorie, that was definitely a backhanded compliment from DH. I hope your dad and his wife don't disrupt your routine too much.

Susan, good luck with the housecleaning and I really hope Karen (the TS, not our Anonymous Guest!) doesn't cause any problems. You have earned a day off!

Laura, glad you are out of the bad environment. You start the new job next Monday or the one after?

Flu shots, bleah, thanks for the reminder. Our doctor's office has a walk in clinic on Tuesday so I think I'll go then, and remind DS to go as well. DH's PCP gave him a jab on Friday, I think PCP wanted to feel he'd done something for DH at least.

4.25 last night before choir practice. I needed it, too.

No run this morning, but a blissful 5.5 hours of sleep including an unbroken 4 hour stretch. (DH was in pain last night, mostly due to the bedsore, so I broke out the morphine and he slept from 11 PM to 3 AM.) Well worth the tradeoff. I'll go to the gym at lunch.

DS reported that DH wanted the heat set to 80 this morning, since it was 63 outside. Uh, no, buddy. It's going to be 88 today and the Santa Anas are blasting. Put some clothes on rather than heating the house.  Or snuggle under the blankets.

Blankets it is.He's complaining of horrible itching. I suspect it's either dehydration or kidney issues or both. But he's been wearing nothing at all (poor DS is not comfortable with that, though I'm OK with it, and I know DH is really altered mentally since he used to be extremely modest) and complaining that a T shirt itched him terribly.

His appetite has picked up just a little, though I'm guessing he's taking in about 600 calories a day (those chocolate chip cookies are a good portion of said calories) and his food choices are really bad. And he's walking with a walker a bit more. If he had been more compliant about rehab when he was in the SNF, we might all be better off today.

LC Runs

Hey Tessa!  I start job on Tuesday (10/8).

Thinking of you, sounds like a really stressful time.  Glad you got a decent run of sleep.

Flu shots went well, this is the first year I didn't have a crying, freaking out kid.   Last year my youngest refused to get out of the car when I took his sister, so he sat in there the entire time.  I brought him back the next week with his brother and had it done then.  This year, there was a bit of complaining, but mainly about the wait before and after and the fact that they were "starving"  Still have to take oldest but she's easy.

Anonymous Guest

Finally feeling normal. Just a little bit of a headache left. I ran 5 easy this morning.

No flu shot for me until after the marathon.

Marjorie, hope the dad visit continues to go well.

Judy, "free classes" sounds great!

Laura, enjoy your few days between jobs. So glad you are out of the old toxic environment for good!

Susan, hopefully my storm will not be too bad. It's supposed to peter out before it makes it up here. At least that's what they are saying now.

Tessa, hooray for sleep! Hang in there.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Um, Karen, you said "no flu shot for me until after the marathon".

And exactly which marathon would that be?