Womens Running

Fun Friday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Do something fun for yourself this weekend.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thanks for the Panera info, everyone! 

Thursday I did 35 minutes of track running with some intervals interspersed. When I got home I did 45 minutes of cardio.

Today will be a track run and then cardio.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

TGIF!!!  Short swim this morning.  I haven't been in the pool in a few weeks and I could really tell.

Leaving work early to run some errands.  Need to take three quilts to Gulfport for a show.  Kinda miffed--the info posted said to drop them off between 11-1 today.  So I planned to leave work at 1100 and be there around 1200.  Late last night the woman who is picking them up wanted to know what time I would be there.  I told her by 1200.  Then she whined about having to wait for me......  If they wanted me to bring them at 1100, they should have said 1100!!!  Now I have to change my leave request to go earlier.  I can, but I just didn't plan on it.  End of rant.

Y'all have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and 6-7 tonight.

Judy, enjoy the track run and cardio.

Sue, what a mess.  Ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Good morning, good morning!

Even though I overslept this morning, or maybe because of it, I feel like I'm starting to get back to normal after the mind-numbing meeting extravaganza. Some good things about the meeting - my presentation went really, really well, I'm finally getting to know most of the members and understand what's going on in all the meetings - even the technical committee, the boss announced three promotions (including mine) and then told me after how much my raise was and I am going shopping this weekend! Not effective until October 15, but dang, biggest raise I think I've ever gotten. And once I move and am no longer spending $14/day in train fare and parking fees, it will be like getting another raise. Life is good. It is getting harder and harder to keep quiet about the move - the only people here that know are my boss, the attorney and the Treasurer for the organization. So many times during the meeting I opened my mouth and almost said something (because of all the new construction where we're moving, and the fact that we don't really have a presence in the market, and things my realtor said, etc.), but we're trying to keep it quiet until the new guy starts. Latest plans have me going down in March once the house is done, with DH staying behind until June to sell the house here and get through a critical stage of his product. We'll be giving United Airlines a lot of money, as they are the only ones that fly direct from here to Houston.

And I ran 5 miles last night! Woohoo. Pilates tonight, then I'm going to try for my first double digit run in over a month tomorrow. Cody's Crew 5K on Sunday.

Thanks Judy, I will do something fun for myself this weekend! You do the same.

Susan, that's annoying. When she complained about waiting for you, I'd have been tempted to note the 11-1 and tell her you were hoping for noon, but it might end up being closer to 1, sorry.

Damaris, joining you in the Pilates tonight. I was complaining about something being really hard last week and my instructor told me that I had gotten so much stronger and better since I started, and so she was able to give me harder and harder stuff to do. The possibilities for torture are endless, it seems.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, sorry about the GI issues. I know you have a sensitive stomach and you try hard to keep travel from upsetting it.

Lisa, I think running around Lake Michigan would be a fine goal. Is one allowed to run across the Mackinac toll bridge? We'd even allow running directly from Green Bay to Manitowoc without having to go all the way out to the tip of the peninsula and back. Glad the pain in the rear has disappeared. And yes I do know Chicago is west of Detroit...not sure where "The West" begins, though I usually look down from the plane and figure I'm getting into the western part of the country when the green fields below are circular rather than square or rectangular, since that means they're using centre pivot irrigation rather than relying on rainfall.

Susan, how annoying. If they said between 11 and 12, they should expect people to arrive right at 12. Good luck with the quilt entries! Is this one judged?

Karen, yay for a raise and for progress on the house! I hope you can keep working remotely. You're right, no train fares will help, and also fewer meals out and when you're working remotely and not leaving the house you can work in running clothes all day...*envy*

Did you get the Hartford "15 days until race day" email? Eeep.

Judy, enjoy the workout. When do you come indoors for the winter?

Damaris, nice run and Pilates. And thanks for sharing the workout with Cindy. Cindy, good luck on the race and hope the shins don't hurt!

Shadow, sorry the shoes had to go back.

No run this morning again...choir practice was tough last night and I woke up at 3:30 then woke up again at 4:30. Oh well. Gym today.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 6.2. Could have done more if I had known my flight was cancelled. They got me on different flights Ana now connecting through Houston. I will get home at 11. At least I can get home!  There was an intentionally set flight at an air traffic control center in Chicago. Cancelled tons of flights.   I believe Lisa got cancelled too

Karen how is the foot?  Seems it us good?

Tessa at least today my stomach was cooperative.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Karen how is the foot?  Seems it us good?

No better, but no worse. I forgot my sock to wear at night and my foot roller when I stayed in town across the street from the office M-W of this week, AND wore heels instead of my running shoes with heel insert, so the fact that it's not worse is encouraging. Doctor said to just keep doing what I'm doing and I should beat it, it just may take awhile.

I saw that about the fire in Chicago. Glad I'm not traveling. I hope you make it home quickly and safely!

Tessa, eeep indeed! Instead of a marathon taper, I'm doing a marathon buildup. 10-12 tomorrow, 16 (metric marathon race my running club is doing and part of the race series I'm trying to salvage) next Saturday, then marathon weekend!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

annieSusan

Hi all!

i have been out of town, with limited Wi-Fi, so haven't posted for quite awhile. DH and I were in Oregon, spending some time in Portland, then spending a few days driving down the coast, then a couple of days at Crater Lake before returning to Portland and then flying home. I got in some runs along the Willamette River and also along the coast, a couple of bike rides, and some spectacular hikes. A good time.

Sorry to hear of the airline problems in Chicago. Sounds like Lisa is in the midst of it. Hope she can get home without too much trouble.

Bike ride this morning, out to where DS#2 works, to meet him for coffee. Round trip 25 miles; beautiful fall weather. Lovely!

Good runs,all!

annieSusan

Arimathea

Tessa

I too hope Lisa can get home. She might wind up renting a car rather than flying if she's trying to get from Chicago to Detroit.

Marjorie, pity they don't have any place in airports for travelers to check everything and go for a run!

Karen, you're lucky the foot is no worse. Take care of it, 'k?

Hi AnnieSusan, nice to see you! Envious of your trip. I have never been to Oregon.

7.14 on the TM at lunch. I will see how I'm feeling when I get home and possibly go out for a short run. Tomorrow morning's is not going to be long since I am leading a fruit pick at 10 and need to go pick up the van before that.

So glad it's Friday afternoon!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa Lisa did get a car.

Im sitting in Houston. Should leave in an hour.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

If anyone needs the shin splint routine, PM, me your email and I'll send it.

Ended up canceling Pilates by mutual arrangement (she was stuck in downtown and so was I, ha).  7 miles done instead.

Karen, glad to hear you're back at running.

Tessa, enjoy the gym.  Hope you get some sleep.

Marjorie, sorry about the stomach issues AND the airport stuff.

Annie, nice bike ride.

Hope Lisa gets home!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Home.  Did rent a car then was a bit worried as they couldn't really guarantee that there would be a car when I checked later in day.  Ended up waiting 45 minutes for a car to be ready but made it home.

8 miles this morning ..

Ran about 2 miles out one way along the lakefront...

Then ran about 2 more miles out the other way along the lakefront.  Funny how calm the water is on this side of the pier vs the other. It's pretty but is fairly boring (dare I say) with such limited routes.  I actually run on a little single track along side of the sidewalk for most of the run on the south of Navy Pier part or along a single track that is to the left of the trees you see.  Leave it to me to find "single track trail" in NY and in Chicago.

Sue-12 seems to be smack dab between 11 and 1.  Sheesh.

Karen-woohoo on the raise and the 5 mile run.  not so much on the new forms of torture.

Tessa-there are 2 events (I think) that have runs across the bridge.  You'd think there could be a gym in airports with showers.

Marjorie-hope you made it okay.

annieSusan-sounds like a lovely time.  pics?

Night to everyone else.  I'm a bit tired.

Lisa