Womens Running

Time to Move Thursday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

Move body not move house.  Up and at 'em ladies!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lisa, I needed an incentive for a grin this morning.

Wednesday was 45 minutes on the track running. I did a few intervals.

Weather has been somewhat rainy and leaves are starting to fall more. I help a friend rake leaves and it gives me some good upper body exercise.

Today I plan a track run, then cardio DVD. I may also have to make a quick grocery run afterward. I want to make a large crock pot of soup.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Howdy!!  Went to spin class this morning.  Haven't been in a while--kicked my ass.  DD was there!  I thougth she was going to afternoon classes but apparently she is doing the early morning classes.  It took a huge amount of restraint not to yell, "Hey everyone!!!  this is my daughter!! ".  Didn't want to embarrass her too much.

Tessa--so nice of you to include a nap break in your class.  Snicker snicker.

Have a great day everyone!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates tonight and that's it.  Not sure if I'll run or ride today.

Lisa, move your body!

Judy, that's good cross training. What type of yummy soup?

Sue, nice spin class.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. Had to come to the center for today early to get on a call. I hate having to deal with hr issues. Rare in my position.

Lisa I thought you were saying you were moving!

Okay ay off to get on call.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Hope ;you all don't mind, but I am posting a pic of my policeman son and his twin daughters.  Our police department is going through a real rough patch right now, my son has to give a depostion today regarding one of his co-workers.   Police have a tough job and not many can do the job, and they are ordinary folks with wives and families just like everyone else.....

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning all. Had a nice, easy 3 mile run with Jet this morning, 39f. Fall is here, I think. I had to break out my running pants. Moving my long run to tomorrow as I'm busy this weekend.

Lisa - way to get us started!

Judy - raking leaves is a good workout. Soup sounds good. What kind?

Sue - nice job at spin class. Glad you got to do it with your daughter.

Damaris - hope you have a good Pilates class tonight.

Marjorie - nice job on the 10. Hope the HR issue gets resolved.

Ginny - love the picture of your son and granddaughters!

Anonymous Guest

Time to Move? I thought I had another 5 months?!?!?!! Oh, move body, not house. That's good, because they've only just started the framing on the new house.

Pilates last night was good. I normally do a private session on either Friday night or Saturday, then if I'm feeling energetic I'll do the apparatus class my instructor teaches on Wednesday nights. Only one other person was there for the class, so it was almost like a private session, but at half the price! And she did some extra stretching for me, which felt awesome after the weekend.

Ginny, great picture.

Shadow, every time I see your avatar picture I have the urge to reach through the screen and scratch Jet behind the ears.

Newport may have had a few issues, but I like that they have free high-res downloads of all the race pictures! I just wish they had taken some better ones of me. This is probably the best one. I don't know why it's sideways here....

Just spent all morning finishing up something I'd been dreading all week, so now rewarding myself with a little internet time over lunch.

Hi to all!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Ginny and Karen--great pics!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, what cuties! (And your son isn't bad either!)

Karen, I need to go look up the pics.

Susan, thanks for not embarrassing the socks off your daughter by yelling her most embarrassing childhood nickname across the gym.

Lisa, not moving house. Definitely not.

Shadow, think you're considerably colder than we are...stay warm!

Damaris, fully recovered?

Judy, keep it up!

Marjorie, ugh on the HR issues.

And I just pulled the trigger on Charleston's registration (January 17). Signed up and booked a flight. Marjorie, how many of us are you up for? I know Karen has registered and is coming, who else?

Have been in a training class all morning, now need to get some work done. Will BBL if possible. 4 miles this morning.

ginnyb

Is Charleston the one that I asked if there was a Half?   Maybe.....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Yes, Virginia, there is a half...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ginny come to Charleston! It is flat. Point to point race. Small and not tons of crowd but still a good race. Expo isn't big etc.

Tessa we have an extra double bed, a day bed and the couch. Both the couch and the love seat has reclining functions. So plenty room. We can bring out  a cot or blow up mattress too. So everyone can come.  My front car seats are heated too if it is chilly after the race Smile.

Hr issue wasn't awful but still not what I wanted to be on this am. It is resolved so that is good.

Marjorie

Ginny-yeah for your son!

Judy-yum.. soup!

Sue-funny on not yelling out.  I know what you mean though.

Damaris-I ended up at the gym doing upper body work out.

Marjorie-HR issues is my every day.

Karen-on my phone it showed up the right way although pretty squished.  You wouldn't have liked it.  LOL

Tessa-have fun in Charleston!

Lisa

runlikeagirl18

Hmmm, Charleston is driving distance for me........

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2