Womens Running

Wondering Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Anonymous Guest

Lisa, I have a hotel booked right now in Times Square, but am hoping to find something with airbnb. I've contacted a couple places but they both said it was way too far in advance (I've found that before with airbnb, the people renting don't like to plan as far in advance as I do), so I'm going to look again in a few months. If I end up in the hotel, it will be me, my sister and her daughter all in one room so I think that's enough sharing, but what do you think about looking for a place with several bedrooms and you, me and Ginny could all share (and my sister and her daughter and anyone you guys bring)? I was thinking Upper West SIde, so we could walk home after the finish. I would say go ahead and book a hotel, but then if you guys are interested and we find a place, we just cancel the hotel rooms.

Ginny, see my thought above.

We moved the grill, a bunch of heavy patio furniture and the elliptical machine to the curb tonight. I'm calling that my workout. Now I've got some soup cooking and I plan on relaxing the rest of the night and waiting for the snow to hit. Planning on working from home tomorrow unless every single forecast is completely and totally wrong. It's happened before, but this one looks real. And yes, you Michigan and Ohio ladies can laugh at how the whole place shuts down for 4-6 inches of snow.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

http://runningandthecity.com/2014/09/16/nycm/

Good resource with tips, spreadsheets, race specific pace bands.

Karen-awesome!!  let this all sink in!  I will have work hotel during week since I would probably work Wed-Thurs, maybe Friday and then likely Monday so that Sunday night hotel covered (so tricky).  I'm going to look at what rates we can get booking through our work travel and let you know too!  My sister will be visiting my nephew and his wife in Brooklyn (course goes 1 block from their place!) so she will be here cheering me on!

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Karen-awesome!!  let this all sink in!  

You have no idea how many hours I've wasted over the last month and a half researching things. Dang, November is a long time away!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Technically it is still Wed so I can still post.

Ran 4.1 recovery this am. Took the pups to camp then drove down to Hilton Head as I have to do a training with a new person tomorrow.  Spend the last 5 hours editing two power points.  One of our co workers is not great on  that stuff.  She said they were ready to go.  Um no.... not close. It was a lot of re writing of the speaker notes.  Frustrating and now I sent it to full team to review.  I could not send it like it was.  Not with my name on it too as it looked terrible.  Going to them was us saying we think it is ready to go and just need you all to see if it makes sense.  Yikes.  She was in charge of that part and oh boy it was not good.  Here I thought i'd have time to do my three mini modules too but nope.  I spent way too much time fixing what she butchered in the main 2 modules.

Ginny hope you get in on the charity side of things.  Let us know if you do so we can contribute.  If you don't reach your goal can you back out or are you fully on the hook for the amount?

Karen, moving is so much work.  I'm glad that we have not had to in a long while.  We moved enough early on in our marriage.  It has been nice not having to do it for many years now.

Lisa I haven't had the TV on at all not even while i was editing as I needed to concentrate way too much.  Missed it.  Do you think she will get in tomorrow?  Idol used to be so popular and a must see.  I haven't watched in years now.

Tessa, yep, I know your wishes on the poll and I agree to keeping options open.

Marjorie

Congrats to all NYC runners!  That's one of my favorite marathons ever.   Last time DH and I did it, we rented a studio through AirBnB in the Upper West Side, near the Lincoln Center.  It was super convenient being able to walk back after the race (you do not want to try finding a cab or using the subways then).

Waves to everyone.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR